View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Has anyone seen any media yet with positive BBRY US launch information?
    03-23-13 05:48 AM
    03-23-13 06:07 AM
    Looking at the charts and I have to admit that this cup pattern has a rather large handle...much more like a stein. I'll take that over a coffee cup any day. Cheers lads to another great buying week!
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-23-13 at 06:23 AM.
    03-23-13 06:11 AM
    Is the Best to Come From Blackberry? - CNBC

I think the guy on the right sums it all up, he was at Verizon store all day and noone bought the phone. Maybe someone should tell him that Verizon not selling yet.
    03-23-13 06:29 AM
    I was thinking the same but as history shows...there will be many many more chances. Don't beat yourself up too much. next time just pull the trigger.
    We are dealing here with one of the most volatile and unpredictable stock I've ever seen (again: I've not seen that much, those I was involved in before were clearly long terms institutional investments). As a personal rule, I refrain to act impulsively: my tools (banker orders) plus involved delays & fees could wound me hard.

On a more general point of view, still IMVeryHRookieeO, I have some advices :
    NEVER regret a live trading action you've not take. Looking backwards is not a proper behavior and may lead you into troubles.
    Did you lose money ? NO : you're fine.
    Could you have gained some extra money? MAYBE : warning.
    Stick as much as possible to certainties.

Time for a reminder - Please new readers read carefully

This is real money, there's no tryout or second chance.
    NEVER engage a penny more than those you can afford to lose 100%.
    Question yourself : You think you're smart ? Probably. Smarter than experienced professionals ?
    Always consider PROFESSIONAL or GRANTED advices against what you can find here or on any public forum or social network. Not only these may be driven by excessive "love", they could also be issued by "people" with underlying interests.
    This thread and most of its content may be biased by a postulate : we believe that BlackBerry will commercially succeed.

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-23-13 at 07:35 AM.
    03-23-13 06:32 AM
    "At the end of the day, however, BlackBerry has taken a licking before and has kept on ticking. My advice is ignore the noise for now until we get some solid numbers in several days, when the company reports on its first fiscal 2013 quarter. Because until then, whatever anyone says, their guess is probably as good as mine."
    Shanerredflag and spike12 like this.
    03-23-13 06:38 AM
    Is the Best to Come From Blackberry? - CNBC

I think the guy on the right sums it all up, he was at Verizon store all day and noone bought the phone. Maybe someone should tell him that Verizon not selling yet.
    done.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    03-23-13 06:41 AM
    Where oh where is the outcry?

HTC's Flagship 'One' Phone Delayed Until The End Of April

Business Insider

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:56 PM GMT

HTC sent out an announcement to the tech press today saying its new flagship One smartphone won't launch until the end of April.

The phone was originally supposed to launch this month.

The statement also claims HTC is seeing "unprecedented demand" for the One.

Here's the statement:

HTC has seen unprecedented demand for and interest in the new HTC One, and the care taken to design and build it is evidenced in early reviews. The new HTC One will roll out in the UK, Germany and Taiwan next week and across Europe, North America and most of Asia-Pacific before the end of April. We appreciate our customers� patience, and believe that once they have the phone in their hands they will agree that it has been worth the wait.

Earlier this week, the company confirmed to WSJ that it was having problem locking down supplies for the HTC One and that the phone would be delayed. HTC said suppliers no longer see it as a "tier-one" customer.

Meanwhile, HTC has gone on the defensive against the most-hyped phone right now, the Samsung Galaxy S4. The company hired a street marketing team to hand out snacks to people waiting in line for the Galaxy S4 launch event last week. HTC's president of North America Mike Woodward told us HTC doesn't see any innovation on the Galaxy S4's design or hardware.

The stakes are pretty high. The Galaxy S4 is expected to launch in April or May, and HTC's CEO Peter Chou reportedly told executives that he'd step down if the One isn't a success.
    Shanerredflag and fedakd like this.
    03-23-13 06:48 AM
    2 things #1 im glad I got in at $18.12 so even if we build and fall im still losing! It must be harder for someone who is at around $16 to see some gains and then into a loss. For me stock is down everyday so thats 1 way to look at it.

#2 Its good this came out yesterday as I wonder if there will be alot of weekend shoppers taking a look
    Markymark 23 and fedakd like this.
    03-23-13 06:48 AM
    Baaaaa, baaaaa, baaaaa

Where is the media outcry?

Someone Can Steal Your Apple ID With Just Your Email And Your Birth Date (AAPL)

Business Insider

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:18 PM GMT

Watch out, there's a security flaw that could let someone easily take over your Apple accounts, Chris Welch at The Verge reports.

If someone knows your email address and your date of birth they can reset your password. All it takes is a slight tweak of a URL on Apple's "iForgot" page.

Welch says there is a step-by-step guide floating around the Internet, though he didn't link to it to discourage people from actually doing it.

To protect yourself, Welch recommends changing your birth date so that a hacker can't mess with your account.

Also, you should turn on two-step verification which will make your account safer. The problem with two-step verification? Apple waits three days to enact it.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-23-13 06:55 AM
    weekend mood
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-lick_the_lollipop_mahmood_atashi.jpg
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-23-13 08:12 AM
    Morgan. I was hoping you could provide some commentary before Monday regarding BBRY so that we are ready and fully armed with knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:18 AM
    Europe Weighs iPhone Sale Deals With Carriers for Antitrust Abuse

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/bu...nted=all&_r=1&
    Acumenight and jxnb like this.
    03-23-13 09:43 AM
    Europe Weighs iPhone Sale Deals With Carriers for Antitrust Abuse

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/bu...nted=all&_r=1&

I've said it already. I believe that these "deals" merely leash these carriers into obedience...AT&T seems to be a nice little lap dog for its master.
    morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    03-23-13 10:16 AM
    Here is segment from CNN on the launch, they don't say much on how its doing but do make reference to other reviews at the end .... I think CNN did a good job ...

http://yourmoney.blogs.cnn.com/2013/...iref=allsearch
    03-23-13 10:28 AM
    Yip, if you check back on this thread, you'll see that I called this one ...Just glad I never bought more yet. We still have the Verizon launch on Tuesday...I'm pretty sure we can expect the same...
    Definitely, I imagine that writers are sharpening their pens this weekend for a brutal beating on Monday and Tuesday. I don't expect things to turn until after earnings.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:29 AM
    That article had a lot of good points, market leaders will have more leverage over carriers for sure. The carriers have no choice but to comply with Apple's demands, I can't say that it wasn't blatantly obvious that this was happening already though lol
    03-23-13 10:36 AM
    Morgan. I was hoping you could provide some commentary before Monday regarding BBRY so that we are ready and fully armed with knowledge.

Thanks sparkaction,

I did comment on the trade on Friday, right at the close, I'll add a bit more to the story as the news wasn't all that bad for us heading into Monday. Here is the original chart the I posted:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-22c-2013-chart.jpg

A couple of things that I will point out and that is the heavy blue circle is the support target, we touched the 50-dma and bounced off it and the 50-dma is rising now along with the natural support at the downtrend line from the sym-triangle. There are two events that could happen here, we have not confirmed yesterdays sell-off so we could bounce back into the new green channel within the next 2 days or so. We could also form a new channel that would see us rally once again when earnings come out. And so the trade for Monday looks to be range bound by testing the 50-dma which will be around $ 14.77/shr on Monday, and trading up to the $ 15.75/shr area.

The new chart will likely look like this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-23-2013-chart.jpg

What you know see is a much more muted response to the bullish side of the trade with an upside that targets only the 52 week highs and nothing more. And so you need to see if our support holds, followed by some move to neutral in the early part of the day, and finally a setup for a rally going into Tuesday. You would watch the volume, the general market, the news and see if we can hold support. The downside is $ 13.50 or the uptrend line within the sym-triangle if everything is really bearish all day here.

So let's see what happened, we lost $ .10/shr this past week after gaining $ 2.00/shr the previous week. A lot of investors could kill for that kind of consolidation but we aren't happy. We also saw the 50-dma move up about $ .50/shr in the past few days and that is really bullish too. And so we have much better support in here with higher target prices from more analysts, not a bad weeks work. The additional factor is the sell-off itself, we held even or better for 2/3's of the day, all of those shares traded at that level. We dropped on 50 million shares across North America and that isn't so many that we can't make them up quickly. We have news coming in 3 trading days that changes everything. I would bet a ton of money that the short position went up again, when you strip out the stock that is in firm hands, like Prem and many others, the short position is huge versus the stock available to trade on the open market. So we could see one ****-of-a rally here that will re-write the charts.

Are we really surprised that the market is nervous? We are far more critical of every word that is said today, for obvious reasons. I hated to hear CNBC go to the commentator and ask her about the new phone, whether she personally liked it, whether it is better than her iPhone etc., made me sick to think that this is a business channel, more like the Home Shopping Channel and they are sponsored by Apple. We should hear some positive news about the launch this week along with new carriers stepping into sell the phone. BestBuy alone could start a rally if they make a statement about pre-orders. That's it!!! GL

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:08 AM
    Definitely, I imagine that writers are sharpening their pens this weekend for a brutal beating on Monday and Tuesday. I don't expect things to turn until after earnings.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the SP fell another $ 0.08 in after hours trading, which I think may be a pretty good sign this thing hasn't bottomed yet. Like Morgan points out above, we could slip to $13.50 yet. Only translates into more green...gotta love the dips on this stock.

The only thing to stop this plunge now is some positive news on the online sales from a carrier or BlackBerry themselves. Otherwise, these short - dogs are going to feast away...
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-23-13 at 11:26 AM.
    03-23-13 11:12 AM
    The WSJ has a poll on their website asking if you plan to buy a Blackberry Z10...of the several thousand respondents 54% say yes!

WSJ: Will you buy the BlackBerry Z10?
    03-23-13 11:39 AM
    Not quite positive about the launch but this is basically what we have all been saying

Link
    03-23-13 12:12 PM
    Really? What about bulls? Did you see one photo of a line up? I didn't, and there was little anecdotal evidence as well.

Result is that the bears now control the narrative before results. I see a lot more downside ahead of earnings.
    On Monday morning, I predict the following:
    1. Short analysts reiterate their sell based on poor opening weekend results.
    2. More news stories about how no one is buying the Z10. Perhaps with someone saying "We tried to find a new owner to interview but we could not find a single buyer"
    3. BBRY turns red early and stays red. There are a lot of weak hands in this stock. Everyone knows that when it goes bad, this is a $8 to $10 stock.

Posted via CB10
    Im going to just assume you wrote this just before you jumped off a building

RIP Sqoon

Gone before his time....

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:14 PM
    Please check THOR's CNET interview yesterday. He knows the exact selling point.

"You don't know how many keys you've given to the main door of your house
    because it's open software," he said about Android.
    "So what are you trying to do? You're locking the windows."

BlackBerry CEO: Samsung security will never be 'top-notch' | Mobile - CNET News
    03-23-13 12:20 PM
    Yeah, the SP fell another $ 0.08 in after hours trading, which I think may be a pretty good sign this thing hasn't bottomed yet. Like Morgan points out above, we could slip to $13.50 yet. Only translates into more green...gotta love the dips on this stock.

The only thing to stop this plunge now is some positive news on the online sales from a carrier or BlackBerry themselves. Otherwise, these short - dogs are going to feast away...
    I dont think we will see anything from BBRY before the 28TH they are playing their cards close hoping for a "shock and awe" effect... Maybe hoping that the old adage that "any press is good press especially if it is free" is true. Granted with all the talk on the street and some news outlets about the "failing" BB Z10 I would wager that alot of those who hear it have looked into the Z10 at least once.

Still BBRY could save themselves a big disappointment by just coming out with some hope now and figures later. Otherwise the general consensus among buyers will be too negative to salvage and the momentum will flow to the S4 and HTC one
    03-23-13 12:22 PM
    Please check THOR's CNET interview yesterday. He knows the exact selling point.

"You don't know how many keys you've given to the main door of your house
    because it's open software," he said about Android.
    "So what are you trying to do? You're locking the windows."

BlackBerry CEO: Samsung security will never be 'top-notch' | Mobile - CNET News
    Its a great argument. Thats why android phones get hacked all the time too, if the OS is open sourced anyone can get it and play with it. LOL thats the mentality that I also think makes the Google Play market trash too. I hate trying to find anything in Google Play unless i know the specific name of the app I want.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-23-13 12:27 PM
113,250 ... 456457458459460 ...