View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would totally agree with that. Where were the local store ads. BlackBerry in the back room until a customer asks for it isn't going to work. Those stores needed to be plastered with BlackBerry so people go in and saw wow, what is going on with all these ads for BlackBerry? At which point the salesperson says "Didn't you hear? BlackBerry is back with a new kicking phone, here, let me show you..."

Posted via CB10
    You and me buddy, we'll go in and get hired as the new BB PR department. Just hope they can handle no-nonsense fighting and critical thinking skills that keep the competition at bay..
    03-22-13 09:26 PM
    They actual do have these departments who then delegate the work to local marketing teams in London, Dubai, Sydney, New York, San Fran etc.

When the amount of negative press gets to the level it has for BlackBerry, they have to pick their battles thats why they responded this week to the Guardian story as that went to one of their main strengths. They cannot fight every single blog, TV channel, Radio show in the world. They also enlist the help of the BlackBerry-centric blogs to fight for them guerilla warfare style.

They actively will also get incidents like the reported lack of branding in AT&T stores taken care of.
    Also, I have to say that you have one of the best avatars I've seen. You definitely give off a great vibe and I would love to invest in your toothpaste brand. lol. You have a very nice smile.
    03-22-13 09:30 PM
    Agree.

Moolahpaste...could make a fortune.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    03-22-13 09:57 PM
    Agree.

Moolahpaste...could make a fortune.

Posted via CB10
    Moolahpaste. Yet another stock to invest in. We must get this Moolah person to share his secrets.....
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-22-13 10:03 PM
    With everything that's been going on today..... the media bashing the launch, the spins on the launch and the marketing, there certainly seem to be some forces affecting, or at least trying to manipulate things.
    There has been quite a bit of speculation as to why the company is not doing anything about it.

BB is certainly aware of what's going on, and the lack of response to it all, in my opinion, points to the overwhelming confidence that the company has in the product, the products that are to follow, and the numbers that will follow (in the long run).
    Of course, it certainly seems to be affecting the launch in the US, and the short term sales (anecdotal evidence from CB)
    But contrary to what most believe, BB probably doesn't see the Z10 as the make or break product. For them, this is just a beginning. There are much better, and bigger things to follow. They probably have set some budgets for the branding and the marketing in the long run (over the course of the next couple of quarters), and they don't want to blow it all in one go, making it seem like this is all they've got.
    The strategy here certainly seems to be planned for ALL the future products to follow, and not just the Z10.
    As far as the SP is concerned, I've said it before, and I will say it again.... they are least bothered. They know that the numbers will speak for themselves (maybe not in this ER, but in the ones to follow)
    What DOES affect their 'plans', is the kind of negativity that the DoD story generated. That's why, it forced them to come out right away, and set it straight.

Just my thoughts...
    03-22-13 11:01 PM
    I dont think we are going to see a drop all the way to 13$. I think you will see a Slight drop followed by massive buy in. Analysts aren't stupid. they know that with the ER you are gonna see better numbers than they have forcasted and they are going to hold their cards until after then. I think looking at the trends and the reports of sales in the UK, Canada, and other smaller markets you will see a +10% upside by a week after the ER. But thats just my guess and what Im banking on.
    No one, and I do mean, NO ONE. Knows where the stock would be a week after ER. No, not even BlackBerry themself. Even if they did know the sales were spectacular.
    Remember after earnings when the stock dropped on good news instead of sky rocketing? Yeah, that could happen again.
    03-22-13 11:15 PM
    Just came across this....

http://blackberryempire.com/blackber...roid-next-Week

Sounds interesting. How the media reacts to it will probably be even more interesting....
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-22-13 11:22 PM
    Standing in line is a Completely Horse Sh!t indication of sales or demand.

People who stand in these new product lines are mostly Losers, nothing to do and lots of time to kill! Completely opposite of the typical BlackBerry user. I have things to do, and am doing them, not wasting time in a d@mn line. We pre-order or go to the store after work, or the weekend.

Slacker students, hangers on, the lonely, perverts, the idle stand in these lines. You know, apple customers.

F the so called "media" with their fake reports and gloom lies. We will kick all of their @sses once our sales are recorded across the US. We will show them. We will win.
    03-23-13 12:09 AM

People who stand in these new product lines are mostly Losers, nothing to do and lots of time to kill! Completely opposite of the typical BlackBerry user. I have things to do, and am doing them, not wasting time in a d@mn line. We pre-order or go to the store after work, or the weekend.

Slacker students, hangers on, the lonely, perverts, the idle stand in these lines. You know, apple customers.

F the so called "media" with their fake reports and gloom lies. We will kick all of their @sses once our sales are recorded across the US. We will show them. We will win.
    Lol, come on Brian tell us how you really feel.
    In all seriousness though... I agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:28 AM
    I don't know about these "analysts" and reporters, but I for one have learned from the last big bear attack (January 30th), and when I saw BBRY go down $2 I literally had no reaction. Fool me once, shame on me! You won't scare me into selling shares! I DEFY THEE!
    03-23-13 12:32 AM
    I never have and never will wait in a line for anything besides food. I never understood lining up for the latest electronics...unless you're flipping them for a profit.
    bungaboy, CDM76 and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-23-13 01:20 AM
    Well BBRY gave back a little today...big deal...it's just giving those people who are late to the party to still get a good deal before the 28th...

I was surprised there was not more downward movement based on the media postings today...so $22 by after tax day is viable...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-23-13 02:01 AM
    An idea....

Rise of the Nation

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=785990

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:22 AM
    Lol, come on Brian tell us how you really feel.
    In all seriousness though... I agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    How do I feel? Like BBRY is ready to graduate from the "wax-on wax-off" phase and start kicking some media stooges and short-mongers in their vertical smile regions. As the great Zombieland star said: Nut up or shut up!

Oh, and I feel Verizon needs to deliver my darn Z10 already!

03-23-13 02:25 AM
    I pre ordered verizon too. Off contract. Just waiting for it now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-23-13 03:15 AM
    Superfly, we're getting at media manipulation and how corporations deal with or don't deal with it, which mitigates negative impact on products. Every corporation has a Public Relations Department (PR) or PAO (Public Affairs Office) that has the responsibility of creating speeches or preparing corporate leaders for interviews. They also deal with bashing and negative media. This is a fact, not an opinion. We are just questioning where Blackberry's PR or PAO is right now.
    My post was only about linking, not discussing about. This thread have a big exposure in search engines. Quote, dont link. Sry wasn't clear.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:16 AM
    They actual do have these departments who then delegate the work to local marketing teams in London, Dubai, Sydney, New York, San Fran etc.

When the amount of negative press gets to the level it has for BlackBerry, they have to pick their battles thats why they responded this week to the Guardian story as that went to one of their main strengths. They cannot fight every single blog, TV channel, Radio show in the world. They also enlist the help of the BlackBerry-centric blogs to fight for them guerilla warfare style.

They actively will also get incidents like the reported lack of branding in AT&T stores taken care of.

Your right they cannot fight every single battle however if you keep the war from even starting you have no battles to fight. The problem with the BB "PR Department" , if you can call it that, is that they never get in front of a storm before it picks up speed. They hold their cards and then try to play catch up. Anyone that has ever worked in a department, job, etc that depends on PR to stay afloat can tell you that it is a loosing strategy.
    03-23-13 03:57 AM
    No one, and I do mean, NO ONE. Knows where the stock would be a week after ER. No, not even BlackBerry themself. Even if they did know the sales were spectacular.
    Remember after earnings when the stock dropped on good news instead of sky rocketing? Yeah, that could happen again.
    Could but it is VERY unlikely to happen again. You have to remember analysts and pundits aremaking a killing devalueing this stock, buying in, raising the price, and then selling off. As I said before, I would bet you will see a steady price below $16 up to the ER, a sharp incline after, and a moderate sell off to follow. As others have said these people know how to TAKE money and how to generate the opportunity to do so.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-23-13 04:04 AM
    Please tell me you are not a PSG supporter! Actually out of town with my daughter at a soccer tournament. We are a soccer family, I love Man U and my poor suffering son loves Arsenal..... Hard not to love Bayern and Barca.
    Lol, just my hometown And my father used to be one of the directors when the club was born ...
    03-23-13 04:56 AM
    Exactly. This stock is, so far at least, manipulated to pieces. Until it settles out with some firm data to support it (likely q3) these short - dogs will have full control. Until then I'll keep buying on the dips.

I'm well into the green so I have room to play this out. I see this as just another stormy day at sea.
    03-23-13 05:08 AM

It'll all come out soon enough. Americans buying Z10 and Q10 in much higher numbers than initially believed..
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-23-13 05:14 AM
    I don't know about these "analysts" and reporters, but I for one have learned from the last big bear attack (January 30th), and when I saw BBRY go down $2 I literally had no reaction. Fool me once, shame on me! You won't scare me into selling shares! I DEFY THEE!

Yip, if you check back on this thread, you'll see that I called this one ...Just glad I never bought more yet. We still have the Verizon launch on Tuesday...I'm pretty sure we can expect the same...
    03-23-13 05:21 AM
    Your right they cannot fight every single battle however if you keep the war from even starting you have no battles to fight. The problem with the BB "PR Department" , if you can call it that, is that they never get in front of a storm before it picks up speed. They hold their cards and then try to play catch up. Anyone that has ever worked in a department, job, etc that depends on PR to stay afloat can tell you that it is a loosing strategy.
    If pre - sales were going good, all Thor had to do was say so and the sh!t they're now exploiting wouldn't even be there for manipulating. Trouble is that Thor had a great opportunity to do just that, several times, yet he blathered on aimlessly about stuff that matters not to the success of the launch. Zero focus.

Maybe they just don't care about the SP flopping around but they should at least worry about perceptions. Bad news does hurt sales and with the absence of any marketing material at the stores it's clear over the counter transactions suffer.

There appears to be very little invested in communication strategy and it's really unfortunate.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-23-13 05:30 AM
    All BlackBerry has to say (if it is true) on Tuesday after the media craps all over the absence of lines or marketing materials at Verizon stores is:

"We are very encouraged by sales of the Z10 in the United States." and perhaps some comment on how it compares to what they have seen in other areas of the world.
    03-23-13 05:42 AM
    Man... I don't know what to say.. I am (emotionally) wiped right now, having watched this roller coaster all day! It took incredible amount of effort to resist temptation to sell (half of my positions) as it hit $17.2 (TSX). But WTH..if I had sold in the morning and re-purchases in the evening! oh...man!

I believe that this time, on Mar 28 Earning Report, Thorsten will beat street estimates by a significant margin. Hope I am proven right in approximately 7 days time!
    I was thinking the same but as history shows...there will be many many more chances. Don't beat yourself up too much. next time just pull the trigger.
    03-23-13 05:47 AM
113,256 ... 455456457458459 ...