View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    the US is big, no doubt you can find examples of poor displays as well as good examples, so far the bashers have been reporting their bias,
    you have to make sure you get the real picture before you start beating up on BB
    Completely agree with this, perhaps its all bias that we are hearing, itd be great if one of our fellow stockberrians in the US could comment on the marketing situation.
    03-22-13 04:47 PM
    my only issue is everyone here and generally speaking is thinking we got to wait till ER and BB will blow them out the water.....the smallest thing can result in a horrible ER ...since decemmber er's,launches, events in the public eye have done more damage to the stock than good
    Not close IMHO, the ER is only one check point now (could have been a final point is things went really bad, witch is not the case) . My position for almost 2 years remains the same. I believe BlackBerry will make it and come back as a major competitor. Not only the third one, but with a significant market share (>20%).
    In this scenario, anything between $30 and $100+ can happen.
    That's IMHO a good risk /reward, especially considering the low investment (<500 shares) .
    We have very insightful discussions here, but I remain the "Gardian" of that spirit and will say it again ; I'm not a trader.
    I trust Heins and the whole team and so far, I'm right. The stock value is a metric, but only one in tens. It will not drive the company performance... While the measured performance can drive the stock value.
    This is a very simple (simplistic?) point of view. But, you know, it's mine and I'm a pretty stubborn French Capricorn .

Have an nice weekend dudes!
    PS : anyway FR won its Soccer World Cup qualification match... so, it cannot be a sad day!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:50 PM
    Lord have mercy. Can't remember anything go south like this.
    Time for some reflection. Remember where we were in August-September 2012? The game plan hasn't changed. As a, now very famous, Superfly_FR once said . . . . . "Stay Calm".

"It is a marathon not a sprint", another famous poster stated here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-march-22a.jpg
    03-22-13 04:53 PM
    OMG, there's not enough space on the internet to answer that. I've been trying for years to get to Colorado Springs where my daughters are, but the DoD sends me other places. Thinking of getting out of the DoD and take on a regular job or start my own business if I can't get there soon.

Edit: Daughters grew up with us in Germany and then went to Colorado for college. Now they live there and I'm down here.
    You sound like a good father. How many daughters? I have 3 daughters. Living in a house as the only male with 4 women was far more challenging that BB stocks. L0L.

In the meantime, buy them all Z10s so you can BBM video chat.
    lcjr, morganplus8 and erodenero like this.
    03-22-13 04:57 PM
    Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.
    Yip: if you have nothing valuable to say, just say... nothing. I believe what most would like to see right now (massive comm) is held back on purpose until next week end (Verizon launch? ). Remember, BlackBerry have to manage cash carefully. Adding fairly good ER and massive advertising / Communication Wil bring a momentum they couldn't afford now.
    Whatever they do now would be damaged by all the bash noise...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:58 PM
    Not close IMHO, the ER is only one check point now (could have been a final point is things went really bad, witch is not the case) . My position for almost 2 years remains the same. I believe BlackBerry will make it and come back as a major competitor. Not only the third one, but with a significant market share (>20%).
    In this scenario, anything between $30 and $100+ can happen.
    That's IMHO a good risk /reward, especially considering the low investment (<500 shares) .
    We have very insightful discussions here, but I remain the "Gardian" of that spirit and will say it again ; I'm not a trader.
    I trust Heins and the whole team and so far, I'm right. The stock value is a metric, but only one in tens. It will not drive the company performance... While the measured performance can drive the stock value.
    This is a very simple (simplistic?) point of view. But, you know, it's mine and I'm a pretty stubborn French Capricorn .

Have an nice weekend dudes!
    PS : anyway FR won its Soccer World Cup qualification match... so, it cannot be a sad day!

Posted via CB10

My favorite team is also a soccer team! Go Werder Bremen!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-werder_bremen_030.jpg
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-22-13 04:58 PM
    You sound like a good father. How many daughters? I have 3 daughters. Living in a house as the only male with 4 women was far more challenging that BB stocks. L0L.

LOL...same boat but two daughters...this is nothing!! LOL
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 05:00 PM

I have two girls, in their mid 20s. My oldest works at a credit union and married a Military Policeman who is now out of the Army but still needs discipline (haha). My youngest works for another bank and is still single. Would be nice to live there so I can be a part of their lives again. Anybody need an outstanding Operations Officer/Manager with 28 years of experience??
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 05:03 PM
    My favorite team is also a soccer team! Go Werder Bremen!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	werder_bremen_030.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	143090
    Lol until they play against Paris Saint Germain (PSG) , I'll support them with you

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    03-22-13 05:06 PM
    was there any particular news that drove this down $2 today, or just CNBC manipulating this thing down all day?
    03-22-13 05:09 PM
    was there any particular news that drove this down $2 today, or just CNBC manipulating this thing down all day?
    Imagine Billy Cobham under LSD: Same.

Posted via CB10

Edit: for those who don't know Billy (not and never under LSD BTW) ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-22-13 at 06:41 PM.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-22-13 05:12 PM
    Like Superfly said. The media as a whole launched an anti-Blackberry campaign today. It was enough to ruffle Morgan's feathers!
    03-22-13 05:16 PM
    Let us not forget that Mr. Watsa has an estimated ACB of $17 and I assume he has not reduced his holdings yet. Also, Mr. Watsa has a 3-5 year investment horizon on BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:16 PM
    Lol until they play against Paris Saint Germain (PSG) , I'll support them with you

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for giving Becks a reason to leave the MLS

Hope he is doing some good for you over there.
    Superfly_FR, lcjr and OMGitworks like this.
    03-22-13 05:17 PM
    Well there was news of dwindling sales in the UK, and bad reception in the US with poor AT&T support at launch. But again thats mostly speculation. As far as everything that I have seen come across my desk thats all that I can see is causing all of this short of a bunch of people shorting for quick gains and low priced buy in tomorrow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-22-13 05:20 PM
    closing $.50 below the 5DMA usually results in crashing back to the bottom of the channel, no? which, has been $13 give or take.
    03-22-13 05:20 PM
    Realistically, they could have had line ups of 100 people at each store and the iFools Media Hacks would have said "They didn't camp overnight." "They only had 100 in each line, iFools lines were longer".

No matter what, the spin would have been the same.

What puzzles me is, on an eventual day like today, where is DUDE?
    erodenero, lcjr and michaelxyq like this.
    03-22-13 05:35 PM
    I dont think we are going to see a drop all the way to 13$. I think you will see a Slight drop followed by massive buy in. Analysts aren't stupid. they know that with the ER you are gonna see better numbers than they have forcasted and they are going to hold their cards until after then. I think looking at the trends and the reports of sales in the UK, Canada, and other smaller markets you will see a +10% upside by a week after the ER. But thats just my guess and what Im banking on.
    03-22-13 05:38 PM
    closing $.50 below the 5DMA usually results in crashing back to the bottom of the channel, no? which, has been $13 give or take.
    That's where I believe we are headed. The fact that we have barely budged in after hours trading I believe confirms this position. Unless there is something real released by Thor that will change the thinking out there.
    03-22-13 05:40 PM
    Time for a conoe ride!!
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    03-22-13 05:42 PM
    Also, Post market trading has the stock up .01$ as of 6:27 PM. I think it shows that will see and opening gain and then moderate if not level performance throughout the day with a tail off at the end.
    03-22-13 05:51 PM
    I was thinking that maybe the media bashing is impart due to BBRY relatively limited marketing budget. If you were CNBC and wanted to report negative news to draw eyeballs to your station would you bash the companies (Samsung and Apple) who are cutting your marketing department big fat checks? Therefore, there is very little BBRY can so to stop the negative press.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:57 PM
    03-22-13 06:10 PM
    Was lucky to get out at 15.97 before the big drop. Will look to get back in. Just worried about bs articles coming out the next few days. Example some dude did a sa article saying he was all excited to get the Z10 but there was no interest at the store... yet his other articles state he is long aapl and continually writes negative bbry articles. Same with expecting lines even though apple only sells in limited stores.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-22-13 06:56 PM
    Hi! First time on board, great site for info. Just wanted to said. With all the drama going on bb stock today in US. I now know why they release the phone in US last. I think T H is very smart guy. He knew these going to happen and he rather released the phone to where people needed most.
    Imagine if this happened right at the first launch. It will be a disaster. Hat off to you Sir T H.
    03-22-13 06:56 PM
113,256 ... 453454455456457 ...