View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What youll probably see is a lot of negative speculation over the period of the next couple days, with more ups and downs and shorts lol Then on the 28th well see the pay off for holding and not selling out
    my only issue is everyone here and generally speaking is thinking we got to wait till ER and BB will blow them out the water.....the smallest thing can result in a horrible ER ...since decemmber er's,launches, events in the public eye have done more damage to the stock than good
    Toseepics likes this.
    03-22-13 03:49 PM
    Whats going on with Frank? He didnt forsee this going into the USA market? they should have had some huge advertising blitz, what is this clown waiting for?
    03-22-13 03:50 PM
    Whats going on with Frank? He didnt forsee this going into the USA market? they should have had some huge advertising blitz, what is this clown waiting for?
    for all we know the launch could be up to par...but we are just hearing the bull**** cnbc has to say
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 03:51 PM
    Jumping in at the tail end of this day....

Got my alert that BBRY was breaking $17 when I woke up to get ready for work his afternoon, jumped on the computer and it was already falling back through $15.

My less-than-amateur analysis:

Folks still trying to nickle and dime the shares into a small profit, dumping when it goes up a few dollars, instead of holding on for when the stock breaks $20+ next week.

Everyone always says don't let emotions make your deals.

On another not regarding BBRY, why is it none of the major news sites are even reporting the Z10 release today? I saw that old haggard and miss-informed article on CNN Money, the rest not even a peep.

If the new IPhone came out today it would be front page news across the globe... horrible biased reporting all around
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 03:52 PM
    03-22-13 03:52 PM
    Sup with that after hours spike above $16??? Thought I was tripping but look like it did happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:54 PM
    Final chart of the day:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-22c-2013-chart.jpg

We had a wild ride after all the media buzz on the stock. It just kept coming all day, hard to believe the hatred this company has. As if we were expecting hoards of people to stand outside 1,000's of stores trying to get their hands on a new phone. Did they do that for the first i Phone in 2007? The stock held the green channel for most of the day but it was clear that it was leaning on the sell button when it failed to pop. We found brief support at the 5-dma and the uptrend line but it gave way to a major sell-off.

So now we touched the 50-dma which has rallied hard all week thus saving us from a much worse result. We then regained the downtrend line for the sym-triangle which is support and now we have them both to start the next week off. We had that great green channel and now we'll build another with the uptrend forming on Tuesday. We have 3 days to sort all of this out before earnings hit. I have to believe that we will hear some better sales comments in the days ahead too.

Is it true that CNBC reported those 7 Z10 phones purchased this morning were all returned for i Phone 5s????? Just kidding but they did fall short of saying something that stupid. The next channel will start right away, I say by Tuesday and we'll climb again only this time it will be much slower until earnings. The bears hadn't left the room after all. Spend some time going around to all of the news sites and bashing the crap out of these fraudulent reporters!
    03-22-13 03:54 PM
    for all we know the launch could be up to par...but we are just hearing the bull**** cnbc has to say
    seems to be across the board not just CNBC, as biased as they are, there may be some truth to their reporting, have you seen the threads in to forums about going to the AT&T store? Its shameful, you think that they would have thought about this prior to launching in the biggest market thats almost completely abandoned them.
    03-22-13 03:56 PM
    Looking at charts, trying to make sense of how to play this. for Q1-Q3 , there was a dump few days before ER, followed by a rally to the ER following by another dump. What I am afraid of is the repeat of Q3 dump, from 1413 to 1059.. even though RIM beat the estimates. need to figure out what am I going to do. might close before ER and then see where to come back...
    03-22-13 03:58 PM
    Yea, there is basically no advertising, no store signage, not a dedicated display in site. Its atrocious! Why didnt BB work it out with the providers prior to the launch to gain beneficial product placement in their stores?

@morganplus8- I think you are right, I think the next couple days will see moderate gains but I do believe that post ER there will be a major upside followed by a market correction, IE people selling off for good gains and then another climb to follow.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 04:03 PM
    Yea, there is basically no advertising, no store signage, not a dedicated display in site. Its atrocious! Why didnt BB work it out with the providers prior to the launch to gain beneficial product placement in their stores?

@morganplus8- I think you are right, I think the next couple days will see moderate gains but I do believe that post ER there will be a major upside followed by a market correction, IE people selling off for good gains and then another climb to follow.
    One would think they'd learn by now. BB lacks marketing or what they feel is marketing is inadequate. They have the non-public speaking CEO saying the wrong things and not enough advertizing. Unless they change the way they do business, they will have no choice but remain behind the others even though they have a superior product.
    helopilot06 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-22-13 04:17 PM
    Looking at the volume on NASDAQ, is that volume a combination of selling and buying or how can you tell what's what?
    03-22-13 04:19 PM
    One would think they'd learn by now. BB lacks marketing or what they feel is marketing is inadequate. They have the non-public speaking CEO saying the wrong things and not enough advertizing. Unless they change the way they do business, they will have no choice but remain behind the others even though they have a superior product.
    I couldnt agree more! Why not just hire a good PR rep and let them handle the roll outs and interviews. Plenty of companies do it. There is no down side to having a silent CEO and a good PR department. Just saying
    kbz1960, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 04:23 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has read or has access to the Credit Suisse report released today?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:24 PM
    Exactly, they should be hiring a young marketing firm to handle all this business, not to say the old boys cant do it right, but thats not the demographic they have an issue appealing to.
    it just feels like BB is positioned as a "grown up" product for lack of a better word, and with that attitude, how can they ever take over the ios and android markets. I get it, tools not toys and so on, but really.....position the product properly across demographics, ive said it once, ill say it again, what are these marketing clowns doing? anyone with half a brain knows that you need to literally shove the Z10 down the American's throats for it to sell, why arent they doing just that?
    03-22-13 04:25 PM
    step it up Boulben....for the love of GOD!
    03-22-13 04:26 PM
    Looking at the volume on NASDAQ, is that volume a combination of selling and buying or how can you tell what's what?
    if the stock goes down consider it selling
    _dimi_ likes this.
    03-22-13 04:28 PM
    my only issue is everyone here and generally speaking is thinking we got to wait till ER and BB will blow them out the water.....the smallest thing can result in a horrible ER ...since decemmber er's,launches, events in the public eye have done more damage to the stock than good
    My thoughts are solid growth by September. This ER is a transition and can go in any direction.
    03-22-13 04:29 PM
    step it up Boulben....for the love of GOD!
    the US is big, no doubt you can find examples of poor displays as well as good examples, so far the bashers have been reporting their bias,
    you have to make sure you get the real picture before you start beating up on BB
    DatMisterB and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 04:31 PM
    Sup with that after hours spike above $16??? Thought I was tripping but look like it did happen.

Posted via CB10
    Currently $14.83
    03-22-13 04:31 PM
    It just kept coming all day, hard to believe the hatred this company has. As if we were expecting hoards of people to stand outside 1,000's of stores trying to get their hands on a new phone. Did they do that for the first i Phone in 2007?
    I disagree that the United States Z10 launch is not below some "rational" investors expectations.

The reason for this is that the Lumia 920, which few BBRY investors had positive things to say about, had both lineups and sell outs the first couple of days it was introduced in the United States. Furthermore, some investors may have been expecting to replicate the first day Z10 launch responses from nations such as Canada or the United Kingdom. Again, some lines and, at the very least, "engineered" sell outs.

If the BBRY cannot pull off either Z10 line ups or sell outs in the United States in the next couple days, this should and will be perceived as a bearish signal by a number of investors.
    03-22-13 04:32 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has read or has access to the Credit Suisse report released today?

Posted via CB10
    No, just the high lights...more bad news and dooms day recitals.
    03-22-13 04:33 PM
    I couldnt agree more! Why not just hire a good PR rep and let them handle the roll outs and interviews. Plenty of companies do it. There is no down side to having a silent CEO and a good PR department. Just saying
    Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.
    03-22-13 04:43 PM
    Man... I don't know what to say.. I am (emotionally) wiped right now, having watched this roller coaster all day! It took incredible amount of effort to resist temptation to sell (half of my positions) as it hit $17.2 (TSX). But WTH..if I had sold in the morning and re-purchases in the evening! oh...man!

I believe that this time, on Mar 28 Earning Report, Thorsten will beat street estimates by a significant margin. Hope I am proven right in approximately 7 days time!
    Think about it, what if you sold and it went up 10% instead . Keep calm, for march 28th is right around the corner
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    03-22-13 04:44 PM
    I think that the "checks" by Deutsche Bank indicating that even in the UK and Canada that their isn't as much demand as hoped for might be more important today than what CNBC said.

That said... the fact that the Z10 starting sells today with very little news or fanfare is also not good. BBRY is not going to shoot up to $40 magically in the next few months! You can hope for slow bumpy ride into the $20 IF the Z10 & Q10 see modest adoption. But there is nothing there that is going to help the Z10 capture the heart of consumers. And the high end is about to become very crowded with "super-smartphones"... which the Z10 is not (will need the Aristo to be release to play the super game - but it had better be priced in line with where the Z10 is trying to be now). So you can expect the price of devices (and profits) to fall in the coming months, which will also give investors pause.
    03-22-13 04:47 PM
113,256 ... 452453454455456 ...