View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I guess the TA indicators were too bullish so the bears had to break things up soon or they would have lost control. Oh well. Try again next week. At least I'm still in the green. (Sorry to all those who are not.) Have a good weekend.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-22-13 02:23 PM
    Something as small as anecdotal evidence that stores today are not prominently displaying the Z10.
    When it is opening day for a new device in the USA and sales were disappointing . . . well that is a pretty big deal as long as everyone waited.
    03-22-13 02:23 PM
    I find I'm more than a little concerned about the apparent lack of support from AT&T.

This was something that bbry *had* to get right with its carrier partners.

Still, we'll see where we are when the dust settles.
    03-22-13 02:24 PM
    Bought another 500 shares at 15.18 TSX
    Thats it I'm done now.......well maybe?
    03-22-13 02:25 PM
    You guys really need a beer.

All today is doing is closing the open GAP up on Wed.
    03-22-13 02:25 PM
    Loaded up on some more april and may options. Everything else pretty much hasn't moved much, so not at all worried.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:32 PM
    I sold all my calls, that I was waiting to utilize for post ER.

One day killed me 2 week plan. Bought some puts and made the money back.
    Same but only half my calls, it was such a blood bath that my puts doubled.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:32 PM
    Blackberrys return especially in the US has to be seen as a marathon and not a sprint. The software and service part alone should still be valued higher than todays marketcap so I consider the hardware as an option that really only has upside so any huge drop like today related to AT&T putting the Z10 in the corner of some stores must be seen as a long-term buying opportunity.
    03-22-13 02:36 PM
    34 million shares traded in past one hour. Just wonder who are the sellers and who are the buyers.
    I were the sell at the morning then became a buyer in the afternoon.
    Anyone here sold, bought or made trades today?
    I bought some more on this drop.
    03-22-13 02:39 PM
    Posted this "theory" in another thread, but does anyone think AT&T is pi$$ed about VZW getting an exclusive on the White Z10 so backed off today? Seems to me that in exchange for the exclusive BBRY could have at least extracted a promise from VZW to launch first and with a real game plan for launch day. Letting an unhappy carrier (if that is the case) be your opening salvo in the US may not have been the best idea? All speculation and maybe BBRY had no bargaining power, but the lack of anything from AT&T is puzzling.
    Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 02:39 PM
    Averaged my SP 16 calls at 1.435 today. I'm still bull on earnings.

Sall good though i'm up 8 grand on TBE today, Canadian Energy FTW
    03-22-13 02:40 PM
    Well, 20 minutes more to go. Typically this is the time of day that the stock pulls back. I wonder what today's will do. Seeing as it's going agains the trend, maybe we'll see a reversal of the usual and pull back up?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-22-13 02:40 PM
    [QUOTE=greggebhardt;8171628]You curent BB needs to have a horrible accident so you get a new Z10 early!

Not that I would do that, but does that work? I've been in Europe to long and recently moved back to the US and don't know how it works if my device is lost or stollen. My insurance company covers me with no deductible on my phone and Playbook, but what happens at the carrier???
    03-22-13 02:43 PM
    Well, 20 minutes more to go. Typically this is the time of day that the stock pulls back. I wonder what today's will do. Seeing as it's going agains the trend, maybe we'll see a reversal of the usual and pull back up?
    Not going to see $16 so it really doesn't matter now. Next week is another week.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 02:46 PM
    34 million shares traded in past one hour. Just wonder who are the sellers and who are the buyers.
    I were the sell at the morning then became a buyer in the afternoon.
    Anyone here sold, bought or made trades today?
    Guilty as charged.
    I sold in the morning. Bought them back an hour or so later.
    And in the past hour or so, bought around 3000 shares...
    Am confident of the future....
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 02:46 PM
    [QUOTE=lcjr;8172413]
    You curent BB needs to have a horrible accident so you get a new Z10 early!

Not that I would do that, but does that work? I've been in Europe to long and recently moved back to the US and don't know how it works if my device is lost or stollen. My insurance company covers me with no deductible on my phone and Playbook, but what happens at the carrier???
    They will replace it with the same model or next closest. Not sure which phone you have but a free z10 upgrade probably isn't in the cards with all the different BB's floating around.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-22-13 02:47 PM
    I think it's fair to say that the IPHONE 5 was a complete flop, which no doubt left a lot of stock in both the warehouses of Apple and carriers. Given the scale of IPHONE sales and the impact of that on the balance sheets of carriers it is very clear who is running the show.
    cjcampbell, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 02:47 PM
    If I guess, the remaining time is for the play by the option writers. Very well be nailed at $15 line +/- a few pennies.
    OMGitworks and fedakd like this.
    03-22-13 02:49 PM
    [QUOTE=lcjr;8172413]
    You curent BB needs to have a horrible accident so you get a new Z10 early!

I am not condoning such a thing but I would check with your carrier. They usually replace with the same model unless not available, if not then you might get a Z10
    lcjr likes this.
    03-22-13 02:51 PM
    8 minutes to go, got a drink and ready for the rally...
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    03-22-13 02:52 PM
    I think it's fair to say that the IPHONE 5 was a complete flop, which no doubt left a lot of stock in both the warehouses of Apple and carriers. Given the scale of IPHONE sales and the impact of that on the balance sheets of carriers it is very clear who is running the show.
    Not sure about it being a complete flop but Apple IS doing a lot of advertising for the 5. If you want a flop, the 5S will be a flop. It will be the first time I will not update. Unless they get a larger screen, I will migrate.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-22-13 02:53 PM
    Trev140_0

12:11 PM on March 22, 2013

THIS IS THE IDENTICAL spin that was placed when it was released here. IDENTICAL.

I remember this is how it unfolded.

Best buy and Future shot had nobody in line
    Ottawa had zero customer in the mall

THEN!

They were sold out.

THEN!

The story started that Blackberry only shipped a few to each store

THEN!

The unit ship downgrade from Cannacord to 300,000

THEN!

The upgrade started as data was confirmed this was selling hot. Production as increased.

Forget the crap you are about to read in the states. Its going to be the same LIE. The phone is selling.

Wall street is reversing course EVERY DAY now.

Great comment from the Globe and Mail
    03-22-13 02:54 PM
    Took a hammering today! Oh well...day to day doesn't matter to me. I'll be holding on for about a year still.

Have a good weekend folks!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:55 PM
    I'm hoping not yet...but you never know.

I think that they may want to drive this a fair bit lower yet.
    03-22-13 02:57 PM
    I have another 2 1/2 hours before I leave work. Then it's cold beer and hotwings.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hooters-girls-1_and_chicken_wings_up_close.jpg
    03-22-13 03:00 PM
113,256 ... 450451452453454 ...