View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What is driving this push? Is there some news that I'm missing?
    With the upgrades there must be some that have changed their positions.
    03-22-13 09:11 AM
    I really thought we were going to get pinned to 16 today. Had my money ready to buy more calls
    This day has just started remember.
    03-22-13 09:12 AM
    So, um... why?

Not that I'm complaining, but this raises all kinds of "hey, look for that 10% drop" flags...
    03-22-13 09:12 AM
    This day has just started remember.
    This is true. Wonder if we'll see any profit taking next week before earnings. Might be better to wait....
    03-22-13 09:13 AM
    Hello everyone!

I go away for a few days and come back to see more than 1000 new posts made! This thread has really taken on a life of its own!

I have a chart below showing just one more level to negotiate. It is at the $17.25 mark. After that, the road is clear to $20.

As I said last week following the breakout of the asymmetrical triangle, the price would come back to retest the downward trend line before blasting off upwards. I love it when TA comes off beautifully.

There has been so much misinformation bandied around in the media recently and it was good to see BlackBerry's media department move quickly to step in and clarify issues relating to the DoD and UK's government mobile security.

This reminds me of a novel that I read a year ago. Written by Sebastian Faulks, a celebrated British writer, a book titled 'A Week in December'. One of the main characters in the story is a hedge fund manager called John based in London and the novel wonderfully captures the mind set of 'John' as he goes about his business of shorting stocks by drip feeding rumours to sales people on the trading floors and the media. Great story.

Just 5 more trading days to go......

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-revised-bbry.png
    03-22-13 09:16 AM
    Wow big green bars popping up on the 5 min chart today. Big boys want in.
    03-22-13 09:17 AM
    I really do love options, my weekly calls are up 120% at the moment
    03-22-13 09:17 AM
    So, um... why?

Not that I'm complaining, but this raises all kinds of "hey, look for that 10% drop" flags...
    Not today...with the added exposure and the recent upgrades people are climbing on board, that and all the T/A programs are screaming bullish.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 09:19 AM
    I really do love options, my weekly calls are up 120% at the moment
    Once I learned how to play option, I haven't looked back at stocks ever since
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    03-22-13 09:19 AM
    Not today...with the added exposure and the recent upgrades people are climbing on board, that and all the T/A programs are screaming bullish.
    Yes, haven't we just completed a cup pattern recently?
    03-22-13 09:22 AM
    Yes, haven't we just completed a cup pattern recently?
    That and all the other stars are in alignment as well...for today anyway
    03-22-13 09:25 AM
    There would have to be some very bad news to cause this to plummet now.
    03-22-13 09:29 AM
    My broker (etrade) says I'm not to be trusted to buy options - they won't unlock my account for anything except covered puts.

In other news:
    - excellent show at the NYC event last night
    - my LE device arrived this morning, and this phone is indeed as excellent as my dev alpha hinted that it would be
    - +4% and rising.

I still don't trust this last, but it's nice to see...

Edit: Almost forgot - today my overall portfolio is back to even,and shortly to be green (It makes me sad that I was *considerably* green at one point and screwed it up with some bad trades... but live and learn.)
    03-22-13 09:30 AM
    Does anyone have pictures of people at Best Buy last night. I want to see how many of them were wearing SHORTS.
    I saw Dude there, but his shorts were still in the wash...
    03-22-13 09:30 AM
    hahaha... right on time. Bears have come out to play while the bulls go on coffee break.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-22-13 09:34 AM
    10:30 dip. Right on time.
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-22-13 09:36 AM
    Wow...they chopped off 25 cents pretty fast...might end the afternoon with modest gains from profit taking.

I suspect there are a few that are gunshy after the last ER
    at about 10:30 someone dumped alot of shares but looks like they were snatched up immediately
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    at about 10:30 someone dumped alot of shares but looks like they were snatched up immediately
    Yeah that was pretty crazy..

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:39 AM
    Wow...they chopped off 25 cents pretty fast...might end the afternoon with modest gains from profit taking.

I suspect there are a few that are gunshy after the last ER
    Right around the time that CNBC reported 7 sales so far at the store they're camping. Thinking about closing out and waiting for the upcoming dip as that gets more widely circulated.

Frustrating though - wtf do they expect? Of course nobody is going to line up for it and they're not going to sell hundreds per store per day - it's not a GS4 or iPhone, nor is it trying to be one.
    bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    03-22-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah that was pretty crazy..

Posted via CB10
    That was the 10:30 plunge...seems as regular as coffee break
    03-22-13 09:41 AM
    Right around the time that CNBC reported 7 sales so far at the store they're camping.
    Is it still at the place next to the Apple store?
    03-22-13 09:42 AM
    Right around the time that CNBC reported 7 sales so far at the store they're camping. Thinking about closing out and waiting for the upcoming dip as that gets more widely circulated.

Frustrating though - wtf do they expect? Of course nobody is going to line up for it and they're not going to sell hundreds per store per day - it's not a GS4 or iPhone, nor is it trying to be one.
    And it's Friday morning. A lot of people have to work.
    03-22-13 09:46 AM
    Well I thought I would add my comments to the TA as well here. The trend is clearly up here, the bears are in hiding and not even trying to take this down so far. The fact that we stayed firm all day yesterday when the general market sold off was awesome.

Here is the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-22-2013-chart.jpg

The key take-away here is as follows:

1) We are in a vacuum here, there is no resistance up to $ 17.18/shr and we should touch that level soon. The bears are giving us this level.

2) There is a distinct channel forming that allows us to break above the minor resistance right away and sit at a 52 week high for earnings. Follow this channel as it is well defined now. Note that the uptrend line is the 5-dma every day now. It is also support and we can drop back to it at an time.

3) This rally looks like it was part of the launch, it feels like we were held back earlier, to take away any of the bad stock pricing press today. The volume is moderate and the trend is clearly up. We have a gap opening and we are a long way above that level so far today. The day is long so we have to know that all of this could change as we enter the afternoon trade.

4) Joe Kernan has to be one of the dumbest guys on the planet when it comes to tech., why is he allowed to talk?

5) Becky sounds like a man but I find that strangely sexy. Has Warren Buffet done her yet?

6) Sorry, I'm having some problems lately and had to get that out. The stock has all day to form a sustainable rally here, backing up is part of that process so don't be fooled by the odd drop, it has to create a chart pattern that will see it through the rest ofthe day. This means that support is now at $ 16.50/shr with new highs later in the day. A great day is to finish positive.

PS. I was asked why I bought so much more stock last Thursday and Friday even though I felt we could drop a bit lower than $ 15.00/shr, I did it because I didn't care about the extra $ .30/shr as I felt strongly that we could be much higher this week. We did $ 2.00/shr last week, we could do it again this week, and next week, who knows!!!

Good luck!
    03-22-13 09:46 AM
    Is it still at the place next to the Apple store?
    Not sure, I think it may be in NYC?

But ultimately, it doesn't matter - if they're looking for iPhone or Samsung launch day volume (as they seem to be), it was never in the cards. Nobody rational expected that. It's frustrating that they're making it out to be (essentially) a failed launch because of it.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 09:48 AM
113,256 ... 440441442443444 ...