• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I guess my patience today paid off. Managed to get some more at 16.50 TSX
    Tomorrow will be another day....
    03-21-13 03:07 PM
    2,000,000 share trade nasdaq AH
    I've seen a few of those lately. I wonder if someone is preparing for some major action soon.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 03:08 PM
    The TSX is alot higher then the Nasdaq so even down 1 cent is ok so the Nasdaq can make up the 40 cent lead we have
    03-21-13 03:18 PM
    The TSX is alot higher then the Nasdaq so even down 1 cent is ok so the Nasdaq can make up the 40 cent lead we have
    That lead is closing up. Nasdq AH 16.24, 16.52 TSX close
    03-21-13 03:22 PM
    It's only because of the exchange rate, not because it's actually higher.
    03-21-13 03:23 PM
    House cleaning needed here.

The twit can't even do the math right. Saying shares only gone up 13% in last three months. At yesterday's close it was up ~46% over last 3 months.

Go visit and leave a comment and see if they posty it.

Why BlackBerry's Turnaround May Not Last - Seeking Alpha
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s1.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s2.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s3.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s4.jpg
    Okay, I've done my part.
    I've seen a few of those lately. I wonder if someone is preparing for some major action soon.
    Id hope its action on the long end of the spectrum.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s.PNG 
Views:	438 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	142801

Name:	s1.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	142802

Name:	s2.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	142803

Name:	s3.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	142805

Name:	s4.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	142806
    Okay, I've done my part.
    lol, u really gave them a peice of your mind eh.
    good stuff

looks like the commenters are really killing this guy on his analysis.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 03:24 PM
    It boggles my mind how a contributor named "top economic articles" can post something that is so off on the economic side
    If they cant even get the 52 week spread right, how much of this article is actually based on facts?

03-21-13 03:35 PM
    And it continues . . . . . .

Checks indicate U.S. consumer pre-orders for... - Seeking Alpha

Checks indicate U.S. consumer pre-orders for the BlackBerry Z10 (BBRY +1.1%) "have been light...
    Thursday, March 21, 4:11 PM ET
    Checks indicate U.S. consumer pre-orders for the BlackBerry Z10 (BBRY +1.1%) "have been light and well below expectations," says Detwiler Fenton's Jeff Johnston. AT&T began taking pre-orders on March 12, and Verizon 2 days later; both carriers will start actual sales within a week. He thinks FY14 BB110 sales are likely to be in the 13M-15M range, below the ~25M forecast by others. "BBRY has done a nice job with the OS however they need to figure out how to overcome the lack of mindshare their products have." (Goldman/Jefferies)

BBRY: Awareness Problem Hampering Z10 Sales, Says Detwiler.
    EmailPrintsmaller Larger By Tiernan Ray
    Detwiler Fenton & Co.�s Jeff Johnston today writes that his �checks� of pre-orders for BlackBerry�s (BBRY) Z10 handset in the U.S. �indicate that consumer pre-orders have been light and well below expectations.�

The Z10 went on sale for pre-order in the U.S. via AT&T (T) a week ago Monday, March 12th, and at Verizon Communications (VZ) March 14th. The device becomes broadly available at retail at AT&T tomorrow, the 22nd, and will be live at Verizon on the 28th. BlackBerry said last week that it received an order of 1 million units of devices based on its BB10 software, from a single larger partner, which could include the Z10, although that was not specified.

Johnston, however, sees the Z10 as a good offering that users come to like once they�ve tried it out, and opines that the company has an awareness problem getting its product in front of people:

While we acknowledge that disappointing pre-order volumes do not necessarily mean device sales will ultimately fall short of expectations, we think the light volumes underscore the Z10′s awareness issues and the overall competitive environment BBRY faces. BBRY has done a nice job with the OS however they need to figure out how to overcome the lack of mindshare their products have both with consumers and the carrier sales channel. It seems that after users overcome the unintuitive nature of the UI (swiping in particular) and get more comfortable with the OS, they enjoy using it. For example, Indirect Retail regional managers at one major carrier were required to attend a 3 hour training session with BBRY and use the device for 60 days. Most managers went into this kicking and screaming however after having completed the training session, they left feeling good about using the Z10 as their primary device. While this is encouraging at some level, we note that it took a 3-hour training session from a corporate trainer to get savvy wireless managers onboard [�] We�re skeptical BBRY will be able to overcome the mindshare and awareness issues they face given the momentum Apple (AAPL) and the [Google (GOOG)] Android camp currently enjoy. Bullish BB10 estimates in the 25MM unit range for FY:14 seems too high in our opinion and we believe a number in the 13MM-15MM unit range is more likely. Comparing BBRY to Microsoft (MSFT) is not an apple-to-apples comparison, however we note that MSFT spent over $250MM for the Windows Phone 8 launch in Q4:12 and they lost share. Windows Phone 8 is a competitive OS and consumers enjoy using it after they discover it but Windows Phone 8 devices could not rise above the noise. BBRY will need to spend aggressively to create awareness and demand which could be a slippery slope as cash burn could become a major issue if sales don�t follow.

Johnston�s note is in contrast to a bullish upgrade of BlackBerry yesterday by Morgan Stanley�s Ehud Gelblum, who sees the company selling 36 million devices in the fiscal year that started this month. Detwiler is also at variance with a positive note last week from Goldman Sach�s Simona Jankowski.
    03-21-13 03:36 PM
    2,000,000 share trade nasdaq AH
    Probably another company internal exchange going on like last time.
    03-21-13 03:46 PM
    It boggles my mind how a contributor named "top economic articles" can post something that is so off on the economic side
    If they cant even get the 52 week spread right, how much of this article is actually based on facts?
    It's Seeking Alpha my friend, they are famous for what they publish. Whether garbage or contributing media, most folks know what they're getting into before they start reading their data.
    erodenero and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 03:48 PM
    Lol, you guys kill me! Go to work for one measly day and it takes 2 hours to catch up on the conversations (and the slimy "bear" articles that have been coming out in force again). IMHO, so far so good considering that the world seems to be going to h ell because of one screwed up, tiny little country that in the scheme of things....is one screwed up tiny little country. At least according to CNBC.....and you know how objective they are lol.

The nice thing about this slow but sure ride up is.....we won't spill a drop as we toast the day's accomplishments. Now how's that for positive thinking!!!
    03-21-13 03:49 PM
    i agree that the media presence of the Z10 could be slightly stronger, but at the same time the word is out there, and its now up to consumer buzz to fill in the blanks.

a lot of the negative articles are getting more and more terrible at spinning lies. things like saying it failed tests, is dropped by the army for over a half-million iOS devices, or downplaying its return from $6, almost excite me for the upwards rally we are in and will keep pushing
    take99, Markymark 23 and CDM76 like this.
    03-21-13 03:52 PM
    It would appear the analyst or journalist producing such data is getting a commission on the responses rendered. The more responses would indicate their data is being read by the public which produces revenue. I have a hard time believing these folks are on a payroll, free to publish what they please with no repercussions from their management if this was not the case.
    03-21-13 03:55 PM
    i agree that the media presence of the Z10 could be slightly stronger, but at the same time the word is out there, and its now up to consumer buzz to fill in the blanks.

a lot of the negative articles are getting more and more terrible at spinning lies. things like saying it failed tests, is dropped by the army for over a half-million iOS devices, or downplaying its return from $6, almost excite me for the upwards rally we are in and will keep pushing
    There are a lot of negative articles, but just check out their comments section for the real reviews , every article that goes up, BB TROLL SQUAD is ready to take down lol
    Markymark 23, bungaboy and Jince like this.
    03-21-13 04:02 PM
    Not sure if this has been reported yet:

"CorMark Analysts upgrades BBRY to $20

Cormark analyst Richard Tse says BlackBerry’s story will play out in two stages. In the short term, he says, near term drivers such as channel fill will make the company’s fiscal 2014 numbers better than consensus expectations. He now expects BlackBerry to be profitable in the coming year. While fiscal 2015 will be tougher, he says, the company’s stock will then likely be driven sentiment and expectations, which he thinks will improve in the face of upward revisions. In a research update to clients this morning, Tse upgraded BlackBerry to a BUY from his previous HOLD, and raised his target price on the company to $20, up six dollars from his previous target of $14."
    03-21-13 04:04 PM
    Not sure if this has been reported yet:

"CorMark Analysts upgrades BBRY to $20

Cormark analyst Richard Tse says BlackBerry’s story will play out in two stages. In the short term, he says, near term drivers such as channel fill will make the company’s fiscal 2014 numbers better than consensus expectations. He now expects BlackBerry to be profitable in the coming year. While fiscal 2015 will be tougher, he says, the company’s stock will then likely be driven sentiment and expectations, which he thinks will improve in the face of upward revisions. In a research update to clients this morning, Tse upgraded BlackBerry to a BUY from his previous HOLD, and raised his target price on the company to $20, up six dollars from his previous target of $14."
    Thanks Morgan,
    was wondering where you were
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-21-13 04:11 PM
    disclaimer: not BBRY-related, but puts anything mobile-related that the fool releases into a good context of how broken the reporting genre is

Samsung's Army of 1 Million Won't Win the War With Apple

what is this article trying to point out?
    1) GS4 is not revolutionary, unlike the iphone5
    2) apple shares have gained 1000% over a VERY long term
    3) there is an army of 1 million *somethings*

add another disreputable source to my ignore list...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 04:13 PM
    The launch is tonight and Kevin was getting press notes ready earlier today so let�s hope the bombardment commences tomorrow.

I'm a little put off with the negative spin doctor crap too...but that�s part of it when you play these come from behind stocks...I swear I feel like given some of these guy's a "canoe ride"...if you don't know what that is look up Dave Semenko on YouTube. That�s the phrase he'd whisper to the guy before the gloves dropped, "You and me, we're goin on a canoe ride" lol It's famous here in Edmonton lol.

Anyway...the good new's is MACD spread is now .268, RSI is 62.46 and the TA indicators are all green for a full on EXTREME BULLISH alert ...tomorrow we kick up I think.
    03-21-13 04:15 PM
    The Fool, never was a site so aptly named.........they're hurting over their losses in apple over there...

disclaimer: not BBRY-related, but puts anything mobile-related that the fool releases into a good context of how broken the reporting genre is

Samsung's Army of 1 Million Won't Win the War With Apple

what is this article trying to point out?
    1) GS4 is not revolutionary, unlike the iphone5
    2) apple shares have gained 1000% over a VERY long term
    3) there is an army of 1 million *somethings*

add another disreputable source to my ignore list...
    03-21-13 04:17 PM
    The launch is tonight and Kevin was getting press notes ready earlier today so let’s hope the bombardment commences tomorrow.

I'm a little put off with the negative spin doctor crap too...but that’s part of it when you play these come from behind stocks...I swear I feel like given some of these guy's a "canoe ride"...if you don't know what that is look up Dave Semenko on YouTube. That’s the phrase he'd whisper to the guy before the gloves dropped, "You and me, we're goin on a canoe ride" lol It's famous here in Edmonton lol.

Anyway...the good new's is MACD spread is now .268, RSI is 62.46 and the TA indicators are all green for a full on EXTREME BULLISH alert ...tomorrow we kick up I think.

Yip, when a stock with a history like BlackBerry bottoms out and nearly everyone seems to be exploiting the hate for it that's when you buy it. I love a good turnaround.
    03-21-13 04:32 PM
    Just a technical correction, the capacity of the Z10 is 80GB, 16+64 = 80.
    03-21-13 05:15 PM
    Im seeing an influx of trolling on CB, and whats worse is none of them speak proper english, how can I even respond to trolls if I have no idea wtf they are talking about! LOL
    03-21-13 05:35 PM
    03-21-13 05:43 PM
113,256 ... 435436437438439 ...