View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    No. I'm holding what I got. I have a few books that I downloaded on investing. I will be studying call and put strategies all weekend. I may decide to play around with them next week with a little extra cash that I have sitting here doing nothing.
    Can anyone recommend any good reading for me?
    Penthouse Forums. "I never thought it would happen to me..."
    03-21-13 01:56 PM
    I am hopeful that the launch tonight goes off really well. If so it should allow us to finish the week up a fair bit.
    03-21-13 02:02 PM
    Charles, I think the launch will go fantastic, just don't know how much it will effect the SP yet. I believe it will give it a mild bump at first simply because it actually happened and then increase as it gets more publicity.
    03-21-13 02:05 PM
    Thanks, they are all over the place, but apparently they are sticking by their "story". I am pasting it so you don't have to click thru if you don't want to. Adding links as I know some Mods want them there....

Update: A telephone interview that a department of defense spokesman had with Computerworld has shed some more light on the situation. The initial telephone conversation claims that the information obtained "is not from an official DoD source" and notes that the BlackBerry platform is not being dumped. Following these remarks, Electronista readdressed the report and follow-up remarks with sources, who claim that the report of the purchase order is accurate, but emphasized that the purchase awaits rectification of the government's financial situation, as previously reported.

Read more: [u] Exclusive: US DoD to purchase 650,000 iOS devices | Electronista
    Read more at [u] Exclusive: US DoD to purchase 650,000 iOS devices | Electronista
    Thanks for that. I hadn't been back to their site. One thing I would like to note is that in the rebuttal from earlier, there is a named DoD representative stating facts. In the update on the article above, there is an un-named source who "claims" that the order is to go through, "await(ing) rectification of the governments financial situation". I cannot prove them wrong, but there is no proof that they are right, and an order hasn't been tendered either.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 02:06 PM
    I am hopeful that the launch tonight goes of really well. If so it should allow us to finish the week up a fair bit.
    I hope it is better than their last! They need some positive things to say. A surprise or two would not hurt!
    03-21-13 02:06 PM
    I hope it is better than their last! They need some positive things to say. A surprise or two would not hurt!
    Yes. Some enticing carrots would be useful.
    03-21-13 02:08 PM
    I just went there to see what was actually there. Who knows who is right? I am sure they will keep backing away from it and trying to nuance it. I guess we will know in the Fall for sure. Let's try to remember to either beat them up or call them news breakers depending on what actually happens. My bet is that they were 25-50% right, either by dumb luck or because they actually have a half-right source....
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-21-13 02:11 PM
    Yes. Some enticing carrots would be useful.
    I also hope that Blackberry has reasonable inventory to do a good launch. If they do not and they run out quickly, BBRY will suffer in the short term.
    03-21-13 02:12 PM
    I just went there to see what was actually there. Who knows who is right? I am sure they will keep backing away from it and trying to nuance it. I guess we will know in the Fall for sure. Let's try to remember to either beat them up or call them news breakers depending on what actually happens. My bet is that they were 25-50% right, either by dumb luck or because they actually have a half-right source....
    Fair enough. I just tend to trust those who will go on public record more than those who wish to remain anonymous.
    03-21-13 02:14 PM
    That's too bad. Was our creative director there?
    I wasn't there. Just passing on info from the video.

I suppose Josh Duhamel can be considered an A lister:

03-21-13 02:21 PM
    Fair enough. I just tend to trust those who will go on public record more than those who wish to remain anonymous.
    TOTALLY agree with that statement.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 02:21 PM
    Just bought some at 16.60 TSX.
    If it goes lower today, I am buying more.
    If not, I don't mind sitting back and watching what I have 'grow'
    03-21-13 02:33 PM
    I wasn't there. Just passing on info from the video.

I suppose Josh Duhamel can be considered an A lister:

Merci Beaucoup!
    zyben likes this.
    03-21-13 02:34 PM
    looks like were gonna end up at the same point we started my friends
    03-21-13 02:41 PM
    Anyone here likes the share price going up?
    If yes, then I will sell some shares. Once I sold then I guarantee that the price will go up. :-)

In a day when I was boring, such as today, I would sell some shares to see whether I could buy back lower and make a few $ for a nice dinner. Guess what, 90% time, the price went up. :-)

I just sold 300 shares at 16.23 and will buy back at 16.10, which will made $24 ($39 - %15 commission).
    Let us watch to see whether I can make the $24 for the dinner.
    Just bought back the 300 shares and I will go out for dinner tonight.
    03-21-13 02:42 PM
    We need a bit of a BULL push here now.
    03-21-13 02:47 PM
    Just bought back the 300 shares and I will go out for dinner tonight.
    See how that works.. We can play this all year long due to the numerous devices coming out. Making my list of toys to purchase already.
    03-21-13 02:50 PM
    Blackberry response to DoD story is strong: via Slashgear

Our work with the U.S. Department of Defense is going well and the U.S. Department of Defense is moving forward with testing of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. We are currently working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and anticipate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Security Requirement Guide (SRG) approval for the BlackBerry Device Service, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook by early April. BlackBerry was the first to go through the new SRG process by the Defense Department and will be the first to successfully come out of it
    03-21-13 02:51 PM
    We need a bit of a BULL push here now.
    I don;t think we'll see anything else today, but tomorrow may get interesting with the release/launches.
    03-21-13 02:52 PM
    I don;t think we'll see anything else today, but tomorrow may get interesting with the release/launches.
    There's still a little left....
    03-21-13 02:55 PM
    looks like were gonna end up at the same point we started my friends
    It looked like it but I think it is resisting and will close a little bit higher.

Ready for a good launch now!

$16.15 is GOOD!
    03-21-13 02:56 PM
    Nice. A solid 1% gain for the day.
    03-21-13 03:00 PM
    Nice. A solid 1% gain for the day.
    Up $0.16 on Nasdaq. Down $0.01 on TSX.
    03-21-13 03:03 PM
    2,000,000 share trade nasdaq AH
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 03:06 PM
    Up $0.16 on Nasdaq. Down $0.01 on TSX.