View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Noting a pattern today - spike up to a new HOD, pull back - but not below previous low. Repeat to a new HOD, and a new higher low.

We'll see if it continues through a fourth time..
    Saw that. Like saw-teeth or a stairway. I like it.
    03-21-13 11:46 AM
    They are small programs that provide a small window on your windows home screen that you can glance at quickly for information. Clock, CPU usage and weather are examples. Want a stock tracker!
    Duh, ok. Got it now. Yes, I have a good one on my Playbook and Bold 9930 but they are out in the car right now. I'm at work and we're not allowed personal phones or tablets in this building. We can only use Blackberry phones without all the fluff. No apples or other by-products allowed in here.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 11:47 AM
    Most definately. When this hits $18 my finger will be on the trigger. I'll ride it up as far as it goes but sell the second it starts to dip. It will dip and dip deep. I'll buy back in and continue this throughout the year as all the devices are released. Why? because I'm not "long" on this stock but rather enjoy the fun playing in it's market. When everything's said and done next year and there's no new devices coming out I'll concentrate more on my other stocks. Some of us love Blackberry but are just doing this for fun. I have nothing to lose I haven't already written off.
    It could dip as it has in the past but with the Z10 being so close to delivery, I wonder what will happen. I just keep my "stop" close and hope for the best. I am $6100 ahead after two days and do not want to see that evaporate
    03-21-13 11:47 AM
    It could dip as it has in the past but with the Z10 being so close to delivery, I wonder what will happen. I just keep my "stop" close and hope for the best. I am $6100 ahead after two days and do not want to see that evaporate
    I'm positive you'll be just fine. Some of us poor folks are playing with a lot less, just have a nice suit and talk tough. lol
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-21-13 11:52 AM
    Research In Motion Ltd. - BlackBerry Year-End and Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Conference Call

ER @ 8am on March 28th. for those who want in on the conference call
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-21-13 11:54 AM
    Anyone notice how the 'big' apps are being announced.... Kindle... BlackBerry Travel....
    I am sure this will continue for the next few weeks...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 12:06 PM
    Saw that. Like saw-teeth or a stairway. I like it.
    Seems to have broken it - just by holding steady... very little volume or movement over the last couple of hours.
    03-21-13 12:07 PM
    03-21-13 12:07 PM
    Anyone notice how the 'big' apps are being announced.... Kindle... BlackBerry Travel....
    I am sure this will continue for the next few weeks...
    Were these announced already?
    03-21-13 12:12 PM
    Were these announced already?
    Available today.
    erodenero and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 12:15 PM
    Apparently I was wrong... and I'm ok with that Another nice little jump up.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-21-13 12:17 PM
    Do any of you guys plan on selling in the 18-20 range and then buying back on a dip? If there would be a dip. idk
    It depends on how the Mar 28 ER is spinned. I expect good results, but the bears are very good at making good numbers seem like a bad thing, and we could see a 10% dip
    03-21-13 12:17 PM

Anyone famous there or mostly b and c list?
    03-21-13 12:26 PM
    Apparently I was wrong... and I'm ok with that Another nice little jump up.
    Not a problem, just keep hitting the cowbell "softly" and it will continue. The question is how well it will hold the last 30 minutes of market.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-21-13 12:26 PM
    It depends on how the Mar 28 ER is spinned. I expect good results, but the bears are very good at making good numbers seem like a bad thing, and we could see a 10% dip
    Or 25% dip. Or 25% gain. No matter what happens... it's not going to remain flat.

It's tricky - you really have to decide before earnings what you're going to do, unless you think you can get in on the PM rush that morning. If you plan to sell and there's a PM drop, you *might* be able to sell before it gets as low as it will by the sounding of opening bell
    Or you could catch a bit of unexpected volatility and sell for much lower than you want...

And there *will* be a lot of PM activity, no matter what the results are.
    03-21-13 12:28 PM
    Or 25% dip. Or 25% gain. No matter what happens... it's not going to remain flat.

It's tricky - you really have to decide before earnings what you're going to do, unless you think you can get in on the PM rush that morning. If you plan to sell and there's a PM drop, you *might* be able to sell before it gets as low as it will by the sounding of opening bell
    Or you could catch a bit of unexpected volatility and sell for much lower than you want...
    seems a bit sketchy to get out prior to the ER, may as well ride out the dips for the long term imo. Unless you can hit the trigger at the right time, you may get screwed.
    the bolded line is what I'm most concerned about with these kind of trades.
    03-21-13 12:37 PM

I plan to hold onto my ~300 shares, since they can rebound easily. however, I intend to cash out my Apr 20 calls beforehand in case a 20% dip essentially demolishes the value (i wouldnt imagine so, but the market has shown itself to be quite bearish so i wont risk it)
    03-21-13 12:38 PM
    Calls are a tricky one for the ER, because if it dips, the call's value will become next-to-nothing for the following week or two of recovery (when i would rebuy heavily)

however, if we see a jump I could be left behind kicking myself when an already-profitable call doubles in price
    03-21-13 12:42 PM
    I wonder if the US launch tonight at midnight will bump the stock up a little tomorrow.
    03-21-13 12:42 PM
    Anyone here likes the share price going up?
    If yes, then I will sell some shares. Once I sold then I guarantee that the price will go up. :-)

In a day when I was boring, such as today, I would sell some shares to see whether I could buy back lower and make a few $ for a nice dinner. Guess what, 90% time, the price went up. :-)

I just sold 300 shares at 16.23 and will buy back at 16.10, which will made $24 ($39 - %15 commission).
    Let us watch to see whether I can make the $24 for the dinner.
    OK, boys, Since I sold, the market went down a bit but BBRY went up. So I did my contribution today already. It is your time to do the contribution. :-)
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 12:43 PM
    Do any of you guys plan on selling in the 18-20 range and then buying back on a dip? If there would be a dip. idk
    No. I'm holding what I got. I have a few books that I downloaded on investing. I will be studying call and put strategies all weekend. I may decide to play around with them next week with a little extra cash that I have sitting here doing nothing.
    Can anyone recommend any good reading for me?
    03-21-13 12:45 PM
    Most definately. When this hits $18 my finger will be on the trigger. I'll ride it up as far as it goes but sell the second it starts to dip. It will dip and dip deep. I'll buy back in and continue this throughout the year as all the devices are released. Why? because I'm not "long" on this stock but rather enjoy the fun playing in it's market. When everything's said and done next year and there's no new devices coming out I'll concentrate more on my other stocks. Some of us love Blackberry but are just doing this for fun. I have nothing to lose I haven't already written off.
    It may not dip at all. BlackBerry, under Thorsten, has tended to outperform expectations. If not for the service revenue issue and the slight decrease in subscriptions.

BB7 may be doing before than we expect. Very little information available about supply chain inventories. If BBM voice, along with some very aggressive marketing in some markets, has helped some BB7 sales then this could take off.

Thorsten, not one for hyperbole, said production up, the markets have our numbers WRONG, we are exceeding all our expectations.

Why people don't take his hint that the numbers are better than the market is sta

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and fedakd like this.
    03-21-13 12:51 PM
    No. I'm holding what I got. I have a few books that I downloaded on investing. I will be studying call and put strategies all weekend. I may decide to play around with them next week with a little extra cash that I have sitting here doing nothing.
    Can anyone recommend any good reading for me?
    Im still waiting on the title of that Warren Buffet book from Charles.
    03-21-13 12:54 PM
    OK, boys, Since I sold, the market went down a bit but BBRY went up. So I did my contribution today already. It is your time to do the contribution. :-)
    It is crazy but BBRY has has little in common with what was going on with the stock market.
    03-21-13 12:58 PM
    It may not dip at all. BlackBerry, under Thorsten, has tended to outperform expectations. If not for the service revenue issue and the slight decrease in subscriptions.

BB7 may be doing before than we expect. Very little information available about supply chain inventories. If BBM voice, along with some very aggressive marketing in some markets, has helped some BB7 sales then this could take off.

Thorsten, not one for hyperbole, said production up, the markets have our numbers WRONG, we are exceeding all our expectations.

Why people don't take his hint that the numbers are better than the market is sta

Posted via CB10
    It's the spin that screws this stock, even on good news. There will very likely be a lot of initial interpretation of the results, which should give anyone who has sold opportunity to get back in at a decent price.
    03-21-13 12:59 PM
113,250 ... 432433434435436 ...