View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    AGREED and the fact that they did not is great news! More COWBELL Please!
    We can expect a lot of negative "news" today...short-dogs will be earning their pay today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 05:20 AM
    BlackBerry earnings preview, Q4 2013: Z10 and subscriber count key | BGR

And that folks is the kind of shell game that will help in setting up the bear raid for March 28...
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    03-21-13 05:25 AM
    Just saw an article on seeking alpha talking about earnings and he admits he's short.

Maybe I'm kind of hoping BB smashes all expectations. So some negative articles are ok in my books
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 05:54 AM
    Now here is a guy who knows what he is talking about....Not

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    Your Earnings Season Preview: BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    03-21-13 06:05 AM
    I am holding onto my "ripcord" as I type this!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-21-13 at 07:29 AM.
    03-21-13 06:11 AM
    Thanks Superfly for video! Just like Piers Morgan with the playbook comment at the end ^_^
    Did you noticed also the tie color ?
    Well done Thor: makeup + CB Orange ... This guy is impressively gaining skills, every day !
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-21-13 06:15 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	142731

Their pieces aren't even analysis...WTF???

These shorts must be pretty nervous right about now.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-21-13 at 06:31 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 06:20 AM
    03-21-13 06:21 AM
    I wonder how much play this will get?

Tell Me If You've Heard This One Before… Lock Screen Security Flaw Found On Samsung's Android Phones

TechCrunch

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:53 PM GMT

Remember that nasty little iOS 6 lockscreen bug that let hackers access apps on any iPhone with a few smooth moves? Well, fresh on the heels of yesterday’s iOS update that squashed the problem, another security researcher has found a similar issue on Samsung’s Android smartphones.

Terence Eden claims to have found a flaw that lets hackers access a phone’s apps, dialer and widgets even if it’s been locked with a password, PIN, or other security measure.

Just like the iOS flaw, the Samsung security hole seems to involve the emergency dialer. For a brief moment after the emergency dialer is closed, there is a window of opportunity for a hacker to launch apps or place calls. Eden says that he discovered the flaw and contacted Samsung about it in February, but the company declined his offer to hold off publication until they had a fix.

He also discovered an earlier flaw that also involved the Emergency Dialer, in which the user presses a few various parts of the screen at the same time to gain access to the home screen. Both flaws are very similar, but Samsung is aware of both and currently working on a fix for this problem.

The latest security flaw is not present in other Android builds, but seems to only occur on Samsung’s modified version of Android 4.1.2. The flaw has been spotted on both the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III, but could also extend to other devices. We’ve asked Samsung about which devices specifically are affected, but haven’t heard back yet.

For those interested in checking out the hack, Eden posts instructions on how to access a home screen on a locked Android Samsung phone here. He also explains that the only fix is to load a different ROM onto the phone, which can be tricky.

Considering that the Galaxy line is one of Samsung’s top selling lines, including both the S series and Note series, this security hole is quite possibly in your pocket at this very second, so be safe out there.
    03-21-13 06:52 AM
    I wonder how much play this will get?
    It's funny that Apple relesased iOS 6.1.3 (yesterday I believe) which fixed the previous lock screen vulnaribility but now a new security problem appeared. Clearly, these issues are important but they are not talked about enough, because you know, they are Apple and/or Google, and they will release a fix easily. In my opinion, if I was in charge of enterprise technology at a business, I would not have trust in these two devices when there is the risk of my information being easily accessed if one of my employees leaves a phone unattended or loses it.

http://bgr.com/2013/03/20/apple-ios-...bypass-387998/
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 07:15 AM
    03-21-13 07:20 AM
    In my opinion, if I was in charge of enterprise technology at a business, I would not have trust in these two devices when there is the risk of my information being easily accessed if one of my employees leaves a phone unattended or loses it.
    Those who "accept" are not the ones who "decide". Just try to find one security expert that claims you can rely on such devices ...
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-21-13 07:22 AM

Premarket is plummeting!
    Was that your version of a Chicken Little dance? LoL
    03-21-13 07:24 AM
    You now what is sexier than the absolute number ?
    THIS : Application catalog grows by more than 30,000 apps in seven weeks

And thanks ! out of button, one more time
    03-21-13 07:25 AM
    ...and it says Kindle available today?
    03-21-13 07:29 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	142731
    I agree its typical SA "stuff." His most revealing line and the one that I have been stressing is that shorts are really only worried about BBRY taking out the old highs or around $18.00. Anything less than that is going to be weathered and absorbed before the squeeze comes. These last few weeks haven't shaken them out and I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts actually increased on yesterdays rally. Taking out $18 is a big ask, but yesterday got us within striking distance. Will need a follow-up or at least consolidation over the next few sessions and await the ER and the conf. call. Thor needs to shine on the conf call and instill confidence. Interesting times to say the least. I'd put a helmet on for the next week or so.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 07:29 AM
    Holy pre market swings. As we get closer to open though, we seem to be climbing quite nicely.
    03-21-13 07:30 AM
    Premarket is plummeting!
    Why is that I feel so good ?
    Wondering ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-21-13 07:30 AM
    Why is that I feel so good ?
    Wondering ...
    Swinging back up but was as low as 15.77. I will be away from my computer a good bit of the day but will depend on stops to protect what was gained.
    03-21-13 07:41 AM
    I don't complain even - 5% drop today. But I have a good feeling...
    03-21-13 07:45 AM
    I agree its typical SA "stuff." His most revealing line and the one that I have been stressing is that shorts are really only worried about BBRY taking out the old highs or around $18.00. Anything less than that is going to be weathered and absorbed before the squeeze comes. These last few weeks haven't shaken them out and I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts actually increased on yesterdays rally. Taking out $18 is a big ask, but yesterday got us within striking distance. Will need a follow-up or at least consolidation over the next few sessions and await the ER and the conf. call. Thor needs to shine on the conf call and instill confidence. Interesting times to say the least. I'd put a helmet on for the next week or so.
    Ya that conf call has cost me in the past
    03-21-13 07:46 AM
    Okay Gang, I'm going skiing today, so I'll leave today's trading in your capable hands. Just remember, we had a good run yesterday and we don't need to add to much today. We just want to stay green. The us release has started, CB Kevin is in NYC getting the lineup photo ready for Friday's newspapers.
    Everything is lining up nicely to get us to a 52week high before the 28. Keep the trolls in the yard and when I get back I'll take everyone out for icecream.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-21-13 07:53 AM
    Yup, here it is.
    Remember what I wrote about brand perception ? Listen carefully, just when Piers grabbed the Z10: in the same sentence : "very cool" and "BlackBerry". This is spontaneous reaction, even if Piers is a fan, so we're effectively talking about "perception".
    This is a huge improvement, hope you'll notice that, even more than any "news" about company x,y,z buying or ditching BB or any analyst view.
    Sign of the times, dear StockBerrians !
    Ok. As much as I respect your opinion SF, I gotta disagree with you a little on this one. I don't think Piers Morgan has the ear of too many teens and tweens. His target audience is a wee bit older. And, if a teenager was watching that he/she would hear PM calling it cool, give a laugh, and say "how do you know what is cool - old man" and immediately decide NOT to buy because an old guy thinks its cool. So having TH on PM was great for exposure - but does nothing for the "cool" factor IMHO.
    03-21-13 08:07 AM
    Anyone here uses TD Canada Waterhouse? Site looks down for me.
    03-21-13 08:09 AM
    Anyone here uses TD Canada Waterhouse? Site looks down for me.
    Confirmed, even the easyweb.tdcanadatrust.com site is not responding, to HTTP requests or even ping.
    03-21-13 08:20 AM
113,250 ... 428429430431432 ...