View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Trailing stop is your friend

(Or your worst enemy in case of a brief bear raid. As I found out the hard way...)

I have no stops in place. I hate bear raids and there's been lots of them on this stock. If it falls I'll just buy more.
    03-20-13 02:07 PM
    I keep updating my stop order to keep it not too far behind the current price or I do not feel good leaving my desktop! <VBG>
    You should check out VTSO's, virtual trailing stop orders, if your brokerage provides the option. Would save you the hassle
    03-20-13 02:08 PM
    I have no stops in place. I hate bear raids and there's been lots of them on this stock.
    Agreed, I avoid using stop losses. Caused me more pain than anything
    AlexejKir and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-20-13 02:10 PM
    Ex-RIM exec whose drunken antics caused plane diversion deported - The Globe and Mail
    This has NOTHING to do with BlackBerry! But it's flashing on Google Finance
    Attachment 142540
    Insane amount of manipulations going on!
    The Glob & Maul is all over it again. Guess who? Iain Marlow . . . . super troll.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-20-13 02:14 PM
    I think this applies to most of us here...
    Not me, I'll let it ride until September, and then I will start looking at closing. As I mentioned previously, bought in at 12,7&12,8.. that way too good of a position to close it at 18$. I only see 2 scenarios, there will be a take-over, or this is hitting at least 30$ by the end of the year. So why close only at 18$ and wait for dips when you can sit comfortably and watch it go up.
    03-20-13 02:16 PM
    Gordon Gekko Gets it

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    03-20-13 02:21 PM
    a) You don't know what kind of account(s) he has
    b) This is a rather important disclaimer that should have been in your original post.
    c) IN a cash account you can't buy and sell in the same day unless you have cash to cover the second sale in its entirety - sales take about 3 days to settle which means cash from a sale won't be in your account for three days.
    Like I said, be careful with the information you post.
    Thanks for this Marc, can you expand on this a bit? I am also quite new to this with BBRY in my TFSA. If I sell some shares in one day, I cannot buy them back the same day unless I have 'extra' liquid cash in the account (not just the 'on paper' amount I get from selling those shares)?
    Last edited by take99; 03-20-13 at 03:02 PM.
    03-20-13 02:21 PM
    This lady is still spreading the wrong info that was retracted.
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) In A Fuss Over Security issues | US Market Buzz

I tried to ping her but didn't work.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-13 02:22 PM
    easy, babe, hush, hush ... don't climb too fast. Yes, you're a beauty, yes I love you ... but don't catch too many eyes, not now ... hold on a little more ... Right here, sit around $16 in the shadow ... stay warm but don't overheat ... yes, I know you have a full house in your hands ... don't show ... let them bet ... don't push ... just wait ... see the fat one here ? ezgot two pairs kings and queens ... he thinks he's the master ... let him come ... and the old lady with her three of a kind, you see her ? she's blushing a little ... OMG, stay cool, this is gonna be huge ... hush babe, hush ... they're on continuation bet ... they're not bluffing ... take all dips ... wait, don't panic, let them fight first ... OMG ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    03-20-13 02:22 PM
    Trailing stop is your friend

(Or your worst enemy in case of a brief bear raid. As I found out the hard way...)
    Boy do I know that, but when I can't be on top of my computer, I would rather be safe and take my winnings rather than suffer a huge loss.
    03-20-13 02:26 PM
    easy, babe, hush, hush ... don't climb too fast. Yes, you're a beauty, yes I love you ... but don't catch too many eyes, not now ... hold on a little more ... Right here, sit around $16 in the shadow ... stay warm but don't overheat ... yes, I know you have a full house in your hands ... don't show ... let them bet ... don't push ... just wait ... see the fat one here ? ezgot two pairs kings and queens ... he thinks he's the master ... let him come ... and the old lady with her three of a kind, you see her ? she's blushing a little ... OMG, stay cool, this is gonna be huge ... hush babe, hush ...
    LOL...Classic...you know what time it is:
    03-20-13 02:26 PM
    easy, babe, hush, hush ... don't climb too fast. Yes, you're a beauty, yes I love you ... but don't catch too many eyes, not now ... hold on a little more ... Right here, sit around $16 in the shadow ... stay warm but don't overheat ... yes, I know you have a full house in your hands ... don't show ... let them bet ... don't push ... just wait ... see the fat one here ? ezgot two pairs kings and queens ... he thinks he's the master ... let him come ... and the old lady with her three of a kind, you see her ? she's blushing a little ... OMG, stay cool, this is gonna be huge ... hush babe, hush ... they're on continuation bet ... they're not bluffing ... take all dips ... wait, don't panic, let them fight first ... OMG ...
    PRICELESS!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-20-13 02:27 PM
    Time to fly ?

bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-13 02:33 PM
    The big test for the day is to see how far it retracts between now and closing. If it holds it's own, it will be a heck of a day tomorrow, maybe even $18!
    03-20-13 02:33 PM
    This lady is still spreading the wrong info that was retracted.
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) In A Fuss Over Security issues | US Market Buzz

I tried to ping her but didn't work.
    roMar 20, 2013 at 7:34 pmReply

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Think you should be retracting this…..
    BlackBerry 10 in Government
    maybe you should research before posting an article instead of just reposting someones incorrect assumptions.
    03-20-13 02:34 PM
    LOOOOL!
    03-20-13 02:34 PM
    Guardian have removed the original story allegedlym the BlackBerryOS.com guys went all in on the author
    Ya, after it went viral.

They could do a full front page retraction and apology and it wouldn't get any media traction.

Thanks for the info just the same.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-20-13 02:36 PM
    launch event in NYC, im hoping they announce some more big name apps.
    Manage to score an invite to it today, Happy Birthday to me!
    03-20-13 02:37 PM
    roMar 20, 2013 at 7:34 pmReply

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Think you should be retracting this…..
    BlackBerry 10 in Government
    maybe you should research before posting an article instead of just reposting someones incorrect assumptions.
    Funny how there are no comments at all on that page. All awaiting "moderation" I'm sure and none shall pass...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-20-13 02:38 PM
    Great day gentlemen...8.43 and 8.58% upside for BB and BBRY. BB RSI is 63.54 (getting up there but safe) MACD is smoking today at a .267 spread and we are miles over the 5, 50 and 200 DMA. Should be a green light for more upward movement I think. If the price drops much in the next twenty minutes before close it should only work to oour advantage. (I think?)
    03-20-13 02:38 PM
    You fellas think it'll drop after the earnings call? I bought at roughly $18. I don't wanna sell once it hits that and then find out it's increased even further up..
    We could reach at an all time high by next week and then it'll suddenly drop due to high expectations (or the other way around)
    03-20-13 02:39 PM
    Manage to score an invite to it today, Happy Birthday to me!
    Sweet! I'll see you there!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    apparently THOR is on Piers Morgan tonight, hopefully its a solid interview.... i doubt they would get into numbers but should be interesting none the less
    close in the GREEEEEEN
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-20-13 02:40 PM
    apparently THOR is on Piers Morgan tonight, hopefully its a solid interview.... i doubt they would get into numbers but should be interesting none the less
    i'll look out for that
    03-20-13 02:41 PM
113,250 ... 421422423424425 ...