View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Even with their upgrade, they're still writing the company off as a niche 'also-ran' instead of gaining any market traction.

The American launch will be interesting.
    Indeed it looks like they're predicting 0.32 EPS in FY 2015, and a drop of 15 million subscribers by that time.
    03-20-13 09:39 AM
    Um...

See, this is why I have no faith in analyst reports. There has been *no* indication that BB7 devices are significantly better for GMs than BB6 devices. I believe all current devices are BB7, and most of them are pretty low margin as they struggle to retain market share . Why are they lumping BB7/10 together as sales that will improve GMs, when that only applies to BB10?

Thing is, this is what their entire upgrade hinges on...

Am I mistaken? Are high-margin BB7 devices still being sold in developing markets? The 9900 is presumably high(ish) margin, but it's not exactly flying off the shelves.
    Perhaps they're setting it up to fail "their" expectations...
    03-20-13 09:40 AM
    The Morgan Stanley projections are quite conservative, but this is a good thing. If Blackberry is indeed successful, they'll have no problem beating the estimates, especially since the bar is set so low.
    03-20-13 09:44 AM
    I'm very curious to see how QNX is developing behind the scenes and can't wait for March 28th to understand more.

I'd like to see their forecast for QNX for the next year. That is where the money is at.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-20-13 09:45 AM
    Dang, this forum is going to make me out to be a pessimist when I�m usually the positive, happy go lucky individual. I totally agree with Thunder on this one; if you think the shorts are deliberately holding back the SP through manipulation, wait until the release dates and ER. You really think 28 March is the date they give up and concentrate on something else? Unless they get caught and/or the analysts and journalists taking bribes get fined, this will continue. Other than that, the SP �should� be able to take care of itself.

Edit: Good morning everyone!
    These two charts should make you a little more optimistic on your investment

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-shorts-update-mar-2013.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-3401531-13637495894472325-michael-nau_origin.png
    03-20-13 09:51 AM
    03-20-13 09:54 AM
    Yeah, I think the Guardian is going to have a problem on their hands. Their article reported it as if security requirements were failed - but apparently BB10 hadn't even been reviewed for it yet.
    03-20-13 09:56 AM
    wow up to 16.15!! what happened overnight lol?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-20-13 10:00 AM
    morning morgan

its a beautiful day today. what are we looking at on the charts?
    03-20-13 10:02 AM
    wow up to 16.15!! what happened overnight lol?
    Morgan Stanley upgrade
    03-20-13 10:03 AM
    morning morgan

The sky ? #haha
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-20-13 10:03 AM
    Yeah, I think the Guardian is going to have a problem on their hands. Their article reported it as if security requirements were failed - but apparently BB10 hadn't even been reviewed for it yet.
    Terrible stuff...so blatant too. It seems that this sort of stuff is getting out of hand.
    03-20-13 10:04 AM
    Going to be freaking horrendous if BlackBerry doesn't surprise on Mar 28. Developers aren't going to develop for a platform that isn't showing signs of life. We can't wait till the next quarter.
    just.relax.and.count.10.days (yup; 10 not 8)
    03-20-13 10:06 AM
    So far so good but it can evaporate in minutes. Will we see 16 today?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-greg-bb.jpg
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-20-13 at 10:23 AM.
    03-20-13 10:07 AM
    morning morgan

Maybe it's better we let morgan post when he finds it convenient. He has never let us down before.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-patience_grasshopper.jpg
    03-20-13 10:10 AM
    Terrible stuff...so blatant too. It seems that this sort of stuff is getting out of hand.
    I blame the analyst...without that bile they couldn't quote it.
    So what happens to the writer and the paper that posted that crap? Do they post an appology? Are they repremanded? probably not, so this continues.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Maybe it's better we let morgan post when he finds it convenient. He has never let us down before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patience_grasshopper.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	142497
    just anxious : )
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-13 10:12 AM
    So what happens to the writer and the paper that posted that crap? Do they post an appology? Are they repremanded? probably not, so this continues.
    I think they should be forced to serve drinks at our party
    03-20-13 10:12 AM
    I think they should be forced to serve drinks at our party
    I had other things in mind, but we'll go with your idea so I stay out of trouble.
    03-20-13 10:14 AM
    morning morgan

Good morning!

Not much to report here, we formed a pennant over the last few days when we pulled back for options expiry meaning that we would likely drift higher in the days ahead. Then along came this report and pushed us much higher than anyone expected:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-20-2013-chart.jpg

The TA is really simple here, we have little in the way of resistance all the way up to $ 17.18/shr now and the slower the move the better here. We want the rally to last and not go crazy again leading into earnings. We need to get more analysts to do exactly what MS did, write a neutral report, one where they can upgrade it again after earnings. The more we get targets over $ 20.00/shr the better. MS has set the stage to bump up their target in 2 weeks to the high $ 20.00's and that's how you gain on $ 20.00/shr and hold it for awhile. This report is one of the best to come out for reasons pointed out on this thread, it is very conservative, it can be increased after earnings and it has the perfect target price to make the bears nervous.

As for as TA is concerned, we could possible fall back to support at the 5-dma which is climbing rapidly here, say around $ 15.50/shr here, and, we should move above $ 16.00/shr without too much effort. What is really important in terms of TA is that we officially exited a sym-triangle formation and that means new highs ahead for us. Very bullish move that was and we didn't know it was a sym-tri until it completed so computers will now adjust for that TA. GL
    03-20-13 10:24 AM
    just.relax.and.count.10.days (yup; 10 not 8)
    Lol...if it doesn't meet expectations, I'll be the first to sell and never look back.

We have some pretty low expectations out there.
    03-20-13 10:28 AM
    Not much to report here, we formed a pennant over the last few days when we pulled back for options expiry meaning that we would likely drift higher in the days ahead
    How do you determine the start of a pennant? Looking at that chart, it appears that it could have started on the 11th, when the low was just a bit lower than the 12th?
    03-20-13 10:28 AM
    just anxious : )
    Ya, we all are. It's a wild ride, but it is what it is. We'll come out on top.
    03-20-13 10:31 AM
    Indeed it looks like they're predicting 0.32 EPS in FY 2015, and a drop of 15 million subscribers by that time.
    Remember that with BB10 there are no "subscribers" anymore. A loss of 15 mil is attrition as users on the "old" BB platform upgrade to new devices (which may or may not be BBs).
    03-20-13 10:31 AM
113,250 ... 415416417418419 ...