View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If they would have stopped after the first couple of paragraphs it would have sounded more credible and I would be a little concerned. They shot themselves in the foot by continuing to bash, bash, bash.
    Dragon, that's a great point that regular readers fail to grasp. The article was about how BB10 failed to meet the certain security standards of the British government. The stock price and how many units any particular analyst chooses to say will be sold this week has nothing to do with the main point of the article. The stock price has no bearing on software/hardware/advancements or improvements and yet somehow it made it into the article and actually there were more paragraphs dedicated to the stock and analysts predictions. Same thing with the reviewers and tech blogs. When you are reviewing the device, software and hardware, how does the stock price have any bearing on how the phone functions. As soon as I read a technical analysis that breaks into some haphazard financial assessment, I move on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-19-13 08:48 PM
    Question...we are steadily above the 50 DMA for a week but we are below the 5 DMA...what trend should we expect or better said, what is likely outcome of the next week?

Posted via CB10
    With the ER coming up in just over a week, and so much uncertainty surrounding it, I don't think that the technicals will play much of a part. I think we'll either hold steady-ish or drop a tad. I'm ok with that as I'm fairly certain that when the numbers come out, we'll all be happy as we watch a steady climb.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:49 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be interesting,any predictions on BBRY.
    03-19-13 08:50 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be interesting,any predictions on BBRY.

Sorry, you said "prediction" in a sentence. Therefore this popped in my head.

FWIW:
    I just want BBRY to stay under $15 so I can get some short term call options next week on the cheap pre-earnings release.
    KISSINGER and arfin like this.
    03-19-13 09:12 PM
    slightly off-topic: does anyone know when is Q10 launching in Canada? Q10 launch should create huge buzz and boost share price.
    April
    03-19-13 09:20 PM
    Also off topic but good news
    BlackBerry Inventor Starts Fund to Make Star Trek Device Reality - Bloomberg.

Sent from my playbook
    Read on my PlayBook

Beam me up Stormie
    03-19-13 09:28 PM
    April
    Errrrr. . . Pick a number between 1 and 30. LoL

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-19-13 09:30 PM
    Errrrr. . . Pick a number between 1 and 30. LoL

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Lucky number 7
    Come on 7
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-13 09:42 PM
    Just a few more days and the US releases begin. News will start generating action in the market which should drive the share prices up.
    03-19-13 09:54 PM
    Lcjr. Any thoughts about the stock hitting $20 before the earnings report next week?
    03-19-13 10:06 PM
    Just a few more days and the US releases begin. News will start generating action in the market which should drive the share prices up.
    I think tomorrow will probably be similar to the past couple of days, but Friday will be eventful, to put it mildly.
    After that, it will see big jumps, heading towards the ER.
    The moment it launches in the US, we will start seeing articles and news about the sales there and the launch there, although they will mostly be anecdotal, and not based on any real numbers.
    These will be the triggers for the jumps that I am talking about, but I believe the 5-10% jumps during the day will not even need any rhyme or reason.
    Also, there may be some very positive news about the 'progress' of the apps in BB world, before the ER.

I also have been wondering about a software update, to coincide with the US launch, to maybe sort out some small bugs.... and more importantly, to make the US customers feel that they are getting something better than what the rest of the world has been using till now. It can also reinforce confidence in the company's intent.

Just my thoughts.....
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-13 10:52 PM

I also have been wondering about a software update, to coincide with the US launch, to maybe sort out some small bugs.... and more importantly, to make the US customers feel that they are getting something better than what the rest of the world has been using till now. It can also reinforce confidence in the company's intent.
    Just my thoughts.....
    Great idea but that doesn't mean BlackBerry thought of it. Would be great marketing move though if it happens.

More likely is an updated Os after ALL USA carriers release bb10

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-19-13 11:17 PM
    Lcjr. Any thoughts about the stock hitting $20 before the earnings report next week?
    A couple weeks ago I thought $19
    Last week I tought $18
    This week I think $17

I still beleive as much as %100 pop on March 28 is possible
    These are only my thoughts. I only have access to the same information as any other retail investor. I choose to beleive some of it and discard some of it. Without actual numbers there is no way to know the outcome. I take words from articals and attach numbers to them and do some math. This is not a science, just reading between the lines.
    To take a quote from someone else. "I've been wrong in the past and I'll be wrong in the future."
    P.S. I think the pop on th 28th could be as low as 20%. I guess that would still be extremely bullish in most people's eyes.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-19-13 11:36 PM
    Last week I tought $18
    This week I think $17

These are only my thoughts. I only have access to the same information as any other retail investor. I choose to beleive some of it and discard some of it. Without actual numbers there is no way to know the outcome. I take words from articals and attach numbers to them and do some math. This is not a science, just reading between the lines.
    To take a quote from someone else. "I've been wrong in the past and I'll be wrong in the future."
    P.S. I think the pop on th 28th could be as low as 20%. I guess that would still be extremely bullish in most people's eyes.
    I'll be extremely happy if it spikes 20 points on Mar 28. :-D
    03-19-13 11:53 PM
    BB10 Launches (The Way I See It Playing Out)

February-Z10-Highend
    April-Q10-Highend
    June-Y10-Highend, Z10-Midrange
    August-R10-Highend, Q10-Midrange
    October-X10-Highend, Y10-Midrange, Z10-Lowend
    December-S10-Highend, R10-Midrange, Q10-Lowend

Okay, maybe I don't see it playing out that way.
    It was just a thought so I threw it out there.
    03-20-13 12:07 AM
    I'll be extremely happy if it spikes 20 points on Mar 28. :-D
    Let us not forget that we could see the stock drop in value on the 28th. Just remember that Thor is looking out a good 3 plus years. He could unleash all remain bad news on the 28th just to start bb10 on a clean slate.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:38 AM
    Last week I tought $18
    This week I think $17

Going to be freaking horrendous if BlackBerry doesn't surprise on Mar 28. Developers aren't going to develop for a platform that isn't showing signs of life. We can't wait till the next quarter.
    03-20-13 02:44 AM
    Found this "somewhere" ...

M O R G A N S T A N L E Y R E S E A R C H
    March 20, 2013 - Research In Motion
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    03-20-13 02:44 AM
    Anyone else see pre market is up 5%. Any news hit that i am unaware of?
    03-20-13 03:58 AM
    BBRY at 15.81 in pre market.....Interesting
    03-20-13 04:00 AM
    Might be due to that Morgan Stanley report. The last info I saw from them had a price target of $7 back in November, so if they upgraded it to $22, that's a massive change of opinion.
    03-20-13 04:18 AM
    Frank interview on French TV. Pretty nice, exposes clearly the BB vision for years to come.
    May mark some minds ... http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ness-tv-783865
    03-20-13 04:18 AM
    could be an interesting day. Either it will be hype and a sell off when market opens or it could blow the top off. Hoping for the last option
    03-20-13 04:53 AM
    BBRY

$16.03

unch

Get BBRY Alerts

*Delayed - data as of 03/20/2013 05:50
    Take that you bears

Read more: Research In Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-20-13 04:53 AM
    WTF??? Just opened my eyes and reached for my Z10, half expecting a small drop...

Happy dance!!

cjcampbell likes this.
    03-20-13 05:26 AM
113,250 ... 411412413414415 ...