View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-19-13 05:33 PM
    To gain a better understanding on what's going on I'm attaching a link regarding the IOS approval last year by CESG on November 12, 2012.. It has some detail info on different levels of security. The German procurement with NATO standards was hardened by a third party Secusmart perhaps for Levels 4,5 or even 6 equivalent . Note: It was also mentioned in the attached article that Andriod was still behind in security features.
    iPhones now 'safe' for Restricted UK.gov info, but not Secret ? The Register

From what was written today, CESG's restructuring process contributed and skewed the timeline against BB10. It does not mean BB10 will not receive certification, it will just be delayed ( I hope...) . It would just be a matter of software update perhaps or some modification in future hardware release.
    They will continue to work to get certified as stated. In the meantime IOS and BB7.1 are the devices allowed to operate on level 3. I hope BB10 gets it soon as they are losing potential revenues. I'm sure Brits gov workers would certainly love to use the Z10 to replace their aging BB's.

No, the article is still posted with the correction of the acronym. These guys don't dream this crap up on their own, somebody has to be asking/paying them to write this stuff. BlackBerry software ruled not safe enough for essential government work | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-19-13 at 06:28 PM.
    bungaboy, Marc_Paradise and VeGiTo like this.
    03-19-13 05:43 PM
    HTC going through some rough times:

HTC Delays Launch of HTC One Phone - WSJ.com
    stevenson232 likes this.
    03-19-13 06:30 PM
    Why are you posting WSJ? Who pays to access it anyways?

Here is the quote :
    "The company has a problem managing its component suppliers as it has changed its order forecasts drastically and frequently following last year's unexpected slump in shipments.... HTC has had difficulty in securing adequate camera components as it is no longer a tier-one customer."

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-19-13 06:38 PM
    Hey Superfly!!
    Ur Famous dude:
    TechCrunch is ignorant about BlackBerry, says Chris Umiastowski

Direct quote:
    User Superfly_FR said:
    “BlackBerry is back” that’s exactly what it means. Not “BlackBerry will crunch appl and Google in months”. But the news seems to scare some … particularly those who printed “it’s not going to happen, BB10 is DOA”.
    bungaboy, m0de25, nquyen and 1 others like this.
    03-19-13 06:40 PM
    Why are you posting WSJ? Who pays to access it anyways?

Here is the quote :
    "The company has a problem managing its component suppliers as it has changed its order forecasts drastically and frequently following last year's unexpected slump in shipments.... HTC has had difficulty in securing adequate camera components as it is no longer a tier-one customer."

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but I can access the whole article without any issues??
    _dimi_ likes this.
    03-19-13 06:46 PM
    Falling into 14.90s in after hours
    03-19-13 06:50 PM
    Has everyone voted? Looks to be a close tie, but we all know who will win in the end.

Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia�Which Stock Wins From Here?
    79 million BlackBerry users. 2190 votes. I'd say everyone has not yet voted.

Everyone - Vote! Now! (how's that...?)
    03-19-13 06:55 PM
    How many votes now for Nokia
    03-19-13 07:03 PM
    Some of us here are paying too much attention to minute fluxuations of BBRY. Watching the stock minute to minute, is going to drive you nuts.
    joe.miller, Superfly_FR and lcjr like this.
    03-19-13 07:04 PM
    How many votes now for Nokia
    it's currently 50/50
    03-19-13 07:09 PM
    Agree..but its fun when there is a breakout.

Speaking of which, I think we have consolidated and sat here long enough, volumes are low, weak hands appear to have dried up...no deals to be had for the buyers thus the price will rise.

I am going to go out on a limb and say I feel we should see a substantial run up tomorrow or Thursday with significant volume coming in to support the continued climb.

Or...this is a trending top and we are in for a world of hurt in the short term

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 03-19-13 at 07:52 PM.
    03-19-13 07:16 PM
    79 million BlackBerry users. 2190 votes. I'd say everyone has not yet voted.

Everyone - Vote! Now! (how's that...?)
    just voted
    03-19-13 07:19 PM
    I know it's an old article but might be worth sharing:
    Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

According to this article BlackBerry has been sourcing handset components (keypads and chassis) from Silitech and Ichia. Now, Silitech publishes monthly results:

http://www.silitech.com/pdf/Fin_E_201210_R.pdf
    http://www.silitech.com/pdf/Fin_E_201211_R.pdf
    http://www.silitech.com/pdf/Fin_E_201212_R.pdf
    http://www.silitech.com/pdf/Fin_E_201301_R.pdf
    http://www.silitech.com/pdf/Fin_E_201302_R.pdf

Their revenue fell quite a bit in February, also due to fewer working days. I know it probably doesn't mean much.. as assembly is subcontracted to Wistron (according to the sources) and you'd expect BlackBerry to provide/order components weeks (?) in advance. Not to forget that Ichia also seems to provide components.. and the fact that BlackBerry probably isn't their only customer I know, there's too many unknowns right now but research has to start somewhere. Where else can we find useful info?
    morganplus8 and BBInPlay like this.
    03-19-13 07:26 PM
    03-19-13 07:48 PM
    Yeah, I'm sceptical about the slant and accuracy of any article that references Faucette's research. Especially given Faucette's inability to provide Y-axis labels for his charts. I don't think he ever did provide those, even after the Barron's writer followed up to ask him about the lack of Y-axis information.
    There's a trend in all the bearish articles, they all quote and reference the same bearish analysts Faucette is one that comes up regularly and Cannocord and their ilk. The author never bothered to offer any objectivity by even mentioning Goldman or any of the others bulls. It's just fodder for the shorts.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-19-13 07:52 PM
    slightly off-topic: does anyone know when is Q10 launching in Canada? Q10 launch should create huge buzz and boost share price.
    03-19-13 08:03 PM
    Hey Superfly!!
    Ur Famous dude:
    TechCrunch is ignorant about BlackBerry, says Chris Umiastowski

Direct quote:
    User Superfly_FR said:
    “BlackBerry is back” that’s exactly what it means. Not “BlackBerry will crunch appl and Google in months”. But the news seems to scare some … particularly those who printed “it’s not going to happen, BB10 is DOA”.
    Yep, yet another good reason to watch what you write.
    03-19-13 08:23 PM
    Also off topic but good news
    BlackBerry Inventor Starts Fund to Make Star Trek Device Reality - Bloomberg.

Sent from my playbook
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-19-13 08:28 PM
    Some of us here are paying too much attention to minute fluxuations of BBRY. Watching the stock minute to minute, is going to drive you nuts.
    I agree, but for me its really not just the share price anymore but rather the ridiculous articles bashing Blackberry and how these "analysts" are getting away with what they write. Some of these analysts and journalists can't even spell Blackberry so there has to be somebody behind the scenes driving this bashing. Some might say it shouldn't get to you, but it does when it effects our share prices. Just my thoughts on this.
    03-19-13 08:29 PM
    I read into its kind of a normal course of events...and as soon as I saw them using Pacific Crest and that dirt sucker Faucette...well, kind of says what the real intent of the article was. Just last week there was an article with the VP of Carphone Warehouse saying they were more than pleased at the high volume and the Z was still outselling Apple....kind of melts Faucette rhetoric.

Posted via CB10
    If they would have stopped after the first couple of paragraphs it would have sounded more credible and I would be a little concerned. They shot themselves in the foot by continuing to bash, bash, bash.
    03-19-13 08:33 PM
    Question...we are steadily above the 50 DMA for a week but we are below the 5 DMA...what trend should we expect or better said, what is likely outcome of the next week?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:36 PM
    VOTE BLACKBERRY ON CNBC STOCK TOURNY BLACKBERRY VS NOKIA
    HERE IS THE LINK Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia—Which Stock Wins From Here?
    03-19-13 08:41 PM
    If they would have stopped after the first couple of paragraphs it would have sounded more credible and I would be a little concerned. They shot themselves in the foot by continuing to bash, bash, bash.
    Agree 100%...with ICJR too...this stock is so manipulated it does kinda get to a guy. So much misinformation, it's not the Kool aid talking either...we have talking heads everywhere in the states who haven't even pick the device up little lone use it bashing it all day every day...if this was anywhere else in society except stocks it would be defamation.

K...sorry about the rant...feel much better now

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-19-13 08:42 PM
    Has everyone voted? Looks to be a close tie, but we all know who will win in the end.

Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia�Which Stock Wins From Here?
    BlackBerry has pulled ahead - 51%
    cjcampbell and anthonysira like this.
    03-19-13 08:43 PM
113,256 ... 410411412413414 ...