View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bull****e. The guy couldnt even google the meaning of CESG right (It is definitely NOT 'Computer Expert Security Group' but Communications-Electronics Security Group) Also, if German government went for Z10, everyone should be satisfied with security, we all know how picky and demanding Germans are. And point 3. If BBRY is not secure, than how can he even think that Iphone and Android passed the tests. This article is pure sh1te. Dont even pay attention to it.
    03-19-13 03:48 PM
    weird, I just clicked the link, it looks like they took it down.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 03:53 PM
    On the surface it's bad but it's not like it's unusual. BBOS7.1 just got approved in December. I'm sure there were a few back and forths on that too. Difference is, is that this time it made the news.
    Check out the comments, everyone and their mother are ripping into the author.....
    I read into its kind of a normal course of events...and as soon as I saw them using Pacific Crest and that dirt sucker Faucette...well, kind of says what the real intent of the article was. Just last week there was an article with the VP of Carphone Warehouse saying they were more than pleased at the high volume and the Z was still outselling Apple....kind of melts Faucette rhetoric.

Posted via CB10
    doesnt this mean there will be a software revision quite soon then? i assume if they have to resubmit for testing, they are going to release an update as well
    03-19-13 03:55 PM
    if bb10 got rejected the first round, imagine Android ever being able to be accepted. What I got from the article I read is that they need to tweak a few things, and that right now only bb os7 is acceptable to them.
    03-19-13 03:55 PM
    I read into its kind of a normal course of events...and as soon as I saw them using Pacific Crest and that dirt sucker Faucette...well, kind of says what the real intent of the article was. Just last week there was an article with the VP of Carphone Warehouse saying they were more than pleased at the high volume and the Z was still outselling Apple....kind of melts Faucette rhetoric.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't charges be laid???
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-19-13 03:56 PM
    Has everyone voted? Looks to be a close tie, but we all know who will win in the end.

Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia—Which Stock Wins From Here?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-19-13 03:56 PM
    What about this last paragraph???
    Seems a little contradictory dont you think???

The Canadian government could block the deal on national security grounds. Last year, the Chinese state-owned oil company CNOOC bought Canadian energy firm Nexen, but it provoked a storm. Analysts believe the US and UK governments might block a similar Chinese bid for BlackBerry because of its importance to secure email.
    03-19-13 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide a link to that article?
    03-19-13 04:03 PM
    Shouldn't charges be laid???
    Doesn't BBRY have a legal team??? A resounding "yes" to your comment sir.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-19-13 04:03 PM
    if bb10 got rejected the first round, imagine Android ever being able to be accepted. What I got from the article I read is that they need to tweak a few things, and that right now only bb os7 is acceptable to them.
    Yeah, If you really think about it, what can they use at this point? ios? android? no, theyre going to stick with os7 until bb10 gets properly certified. at least thats what i gathered from it.

EDIT: I should've added WP8=**** NO!
    Last edited by erodenero; 03-19-13 at 05:41 PM.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and bobert65 like this.
    03-19-13 04:05 PM
    Has everyone voted? Looks to be a close tie, but we all know who will win in the end.

Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia—Which Stock Wins From Here?
    Yes.
    03-19-13 04:06 PM
    Doesn't BBRY have a legal team??? A resounding "yes" to your comment sir.
    03-19-13 04:07 PM
    Well that certainly woke everyone up lol...well done.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:12 PM
    Check out the comments, everyone and their mother are ripping into the author.....
    Yeah, I'm sceptical about the slant and accuracy of any article that references Faucette's research. Especially given Faucette's inability to provide Y-axis labels for his charts. I don't think he ever did provide those, even after the Barron's writer followed up to ask him about the lack of Y-axis information.
    03-19-13 04:18 PM
    weird, I just clicked the link, it looks like they took it down.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Interesting indeed.
    03-19-13 04:31 PM
    Can you provide a link to that article?
    Sorry...I tried to find for reference before I posted just looked again and can find all sorts of similar but not that particular article...will keep looking when I have time. Read so much its hard to keep track

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:32 PM
    So is there a launch event on Thursday?
    03-19-13 04:33 PM
    So, yesterday, I mentioned 3 possible scenarios: "My thoughts on the possible scenarios for tomorrow (3/19/2013): 1. It will touch $14.68 tomorrow, and goes even further down to $14.30 range *shudders*. 2. It will hold above support 1 ($14.95 - $15.05) in the morning, consolidate, and do 1 break out bar to $15.81. 3. It will hold above support 1, and do 2 break out bars to $16.48."

Today, it did scenario 2 without any break out with about 50% less volume than yesterday's volume. Surprisingly, it managed to bounce the support range of $14.86 - $14.95, and closed $0.01 more at $15.03 than yesterday. My guess is that the 3 million AH trade at $15.02 was a sell, because the trader probably thought that there will be a big pull back today. Considering the volume today, and how controlled the drop and bounce was, it seems that we completed the cup handle today. MACD and stot. RSI seem to set up a situation for either a break out or continued consolidation.

I think, the possible scenarios for tomorrow are:
    1. It will test $14.86 again, bounce back, consolidate, and end the day with a 1 bar break out.
    2. it will test $14.86 again, bounce back, consolidate, breaks out of the $15.07 - $14.97 range to close around $15.16. This will mean it breaks out of the pennant formation.
    3. Scenario 2, but it breaks out of the pennant downward to $14.86.
    4. With big news (rating upgrade, another 1 million order, etc.), we will have a 2 bar break out.
    5. Some crazy party drop big amount of shares to drive the price down, so it can ramp it up again as we get closer to ER.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-03-19-4.59.03-pm.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-03-19-5.06.00-pm.jpg
    03-19-13 04:39 PM
    No, the article is still posted with the correction of the acronym. These guys don't dream this crap up on their own, somebody has to be asking/paying them to write this stuff. BlackBerry software ruled not safe enough for essential government work | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    03-19-13 04:43 PM
    [QUOTE=JLagoon;8154696]So, yesterday, I mentioned 3 possible scenarios:

Thanks. Nice job.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-19-13 04:45 PM
    Well, super low volume in the after hours and it's holding its price. A penny or two down then a penny or two up. Can't really complain about that.
    03-19-13 05:17 PM
    So, yesterday, I mentioned 3 possible scenarios: "My thoughts on the possible scenarios for tomorrow (3/19/2013): 1. It will touch $14.68 tomorrow, and goes even further down to $14.30 range *shudders*. 2. It will hold above support 1 ($14.95 - $15.05) in the morning, consolidate, and do 1 break out bar to $15.81. 3. It will hold above support 1, and do 2 break out bars to $16.48."

Today, it did scenario 2 without any break out with about 50% less volume than yesterday's volume. Surprisingly, it managed to bounce the support range of $14.86 - $14.95, and closed $0.01 more at $15.03 than yesterday. My guess is that the 3 million AH trade at $15.02 was a sell, because the trader probably thought that there will be a big pull back today. Considering the volume today, and how controlled the drop and bounce was, it seems that we completed the cup handle today. MACD and stot. RSI seem to set up a situation for either a break out or continued consolidation.

I think, the possible scenarios for tomorrow are:
    1. It will test $14.86 again, bounce back, consolidate, and end the day with a 1 bar break out.
    2. it will test $14.86 again, bounce back, consolidate, breaks out of the $15.07 - $14.97 range to close around $15.16. This will mean it breaks out of the pennant formation.
    3. Scenario 2, but it breaks out of the pennant downward to $14.86.
    4. With big news (rating upgrade, another 1 million order, etc.), we will have a 2 bar break out.
    5. Some crazy party drop big amount of shares to drive the price down, so it can ramp it up again as we get closer to ER.
    I pick #5. (not that's what I want though)
    03-19-13 05:23 PM
    An interesting quote from an acquaintance of mine.....

"There are limited returns to knowing why stocks move, and why news and trends affect price movement. It is important to understand and be aware of the "whys", but every subsequent "why" you ask earns you a more meaningless answer. The chain of causation is infinitely long, and the money isn't at the "why" end."
    03-19-13 05:23 PM
113,256 ... 409410411412413 ...