View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can hardly watch this thing anymore. I'm contemplating taking a leave of absence until some service providers start selling devices to the general public and/or the ER. This can make you lose faith in Blackberry.
    03-19-13 02:13 PM
    Yawn. At least we're green for the day so far - unlike most of the rest of the tech sector...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-13 02:22 PM
    Vote! BlackBerry vs. Nokia—Which Stock Wins From Here?

Edit...I cannot believe the overwhelming negative BS...are we the only ones who understand how truly fickle device customers are and they will welcome a change from the same old OS that’s been dominant for the past three years? Or are we fooling ourselves?
    Maybe its not everybody else? Maybe we let this grow on ourselves out of proportions and are washing it down with Berry Kool-Aide? Naw.... but worth a thought. How else are folks able to keep this thing down???
    03-19-13 02:23 PM
    Maybe its not everybody else? Maybe we let this grow on ourselves out of proportions and are washing it down with Berry Kool-Aide? Naw.... but worth a thought. How else are folks able to keep this thing down???
    LOL...Beer my friend...more beer.
    I am confident we will do fine over time and I still love yesterdays quote from whom ever that if you need to plug your nose when looking at it but some basic fundamentals are correct...it's a winner.

Green again....
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-13 02:31 PM
    we are in the green gentlemen, lets keep it that way
    03-19-13 02:35 PM
    I can hardly watch this thing anymore. I'm contemplating taking a leave of absence until some service providers start selling devices to the general public and/or the ER. This can make you lose faith in Blackberry.
    yes it can be depressing as today see a lot more negative articles once again. One in particular- as I was checking out the biased CNET and see another trashing BBRY piece from this Molly chick on a CNET talk show. Jeez, could they trash the Z10 anymore? Don't think so! First time I even knew it existed as this trashing ties into a Barcelona BB Z10 road show Molly and some dude did a few weeks ago where they admitted to not have much time with device-( i'm guessing maybe 10 minutes,) as u can clearly see they do not have any idea how to use the Z10? So from get go- it failed in a BB map search and twitter send. Strange timing? Then to see the talk show pc they really trash it so far to say- "why did they bother BB? , N just go away type trash? Unreal as this pissed me off ! Why r they just getting aired now as I check cnet for tech info every day for a few minutes and never saw this "road show" or "talk show" before? Ya CNET is owned by CBS but do they short the stock or just have such a woody for android and IOS Apple? Grrrr
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-19-13 02:38 PM
    Wow! We are up .4% already today

edit .3, .2, .3, .2
    03-19-13 02:40 PM
    Wow! We are up .4% already today

edit .3, .2, .3, .2
    .06%!!!

edit...and were back in the red.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-19-13 02:46 PM
    .06%!!!

edit...and were back in the red.
    back up .2% These swings are driving me crazy Not
    03-19-13 02:53 PM
    looks like we're going to be at 15 until ER in the absence of any real news. Quite depressing bashing going on today, my money is asking me if it's still safe and when they can come home to daddy.....and where are all the new friends I promised them
    03-19-13 02:53 PM
    Not to worry folks. Stocks have taken a beating today because of the turmoil in the EU. Going to be some rough days ahead for them and likely stocks in general. I hope you have a good foundation in PMs.

Wake me up on March 27...
    03-19-13 02:56 PM
    looks like we're going to be at 15 until ER in the absence of any real news. Quite depressing bashing going on today, my money is asking me if it's still safe and when they can come home to daddy.....and where are all the new friends I promised them
    Given the relatively negative news that's been coming out for two days now, and the fact that we're really not dropping any significant amount (indeed hovering in the green at time of writing), it seems like we've got some really solid support here. That's a *good thing* - while we're used to insane swings, a stable price in the face of both negative news and a down market is something to be happy about.
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 03-19-13 at 04:44 PM.
    03-19-13 02:58 PM
    Purely anecdotal but to reinforce the "same old same old" iPhone experience..... I saw a friend today who's been an iPhone user for years. She recently upgraded her 4 year old phone to a new 4s (yep, not the 5 as she couldn't justify the extra cost for nothing really extra). I asked her what she thought. Her answer was "meh.... it's faster and there's a few more things but it's still the same phone". This is what they are all experiencing with nothing really new and exciting when upgrading.

She was here while I was on a training call and I was getting messages during that call (was on speaker phone for about 1.5 hours). During that time, I was "peeking" and "flowing" into emails and bbm's and responding to those that were important and just using the phone as is intended and what it's designed for. After the call, she actually commented that it was really cool and wished she had gone with the new Z10.

I think the prospects of this phone is sure to surprise many and come this time next year, there will not be anywhere near the kind of negative press there is today.
    03-19-13 03:08 PM
    Purely anecdotal but to reinforce the "same old same old" iPhone experience..... I saw a friend today who's been an iPhone user for years. She recently upgraded her 4 year old phone to a new 4s (yep, not the 5 as she couldn't justify the extra cost for nothing really extra). I asked her what she thought. Her answer was "meh.... it's faster and there's a few more things but it's still the same phone". This is what they are all experiencing with nothing really new and exciting when upgrading.

She was here while I was on a training call and I was getting messages during that call (was on speaker phone for about 1.5 hours). During that time, I was "peeking" and "flowing" into emails and bbm's and responding to those that were important and just using the phone as is intended and what it's designed for. After the call, she actually commented that it was really cool and wished she had gone with the new Z10.

I think the prospects of this phone is sure to surprise many and come this time next year, there will not be anywhere near the kind of negative press there is today.
    Yes, I get the same sorts of comments all the time. It's pretty slick and functionally pleasing. No sitting there waiting for sites to load or clicking a GD home button three hundred times.
    03-19-13 03:18 PM
    absolutely no anticipation for the US launch, that is strange, disappointing
    03-19-13 03:19 PM
    Purely anecdotal but to reinforce the "same old same old" iPhone experience..... I saw a friend today who's been an iPhone user for years. She recently upgraded her 4 year old phone to a new 4s (yep, not the 5 as she couldn't justify the extra cost for nothing really extra). I asked her what she thought. Her answer was "meh.... it's faster and there's a few more things but it's still the same phone". This is what they are all experiencing with nothing really new and exciting when upgrading

It would be nice if BBRY would show something like this in a TV ad
    03-19-13 03:21 PM
    The bought/sold ratio for BBRY today was only 1.04
    03-19-13 03:28 PM
    absolutely no anticipation for the US launch, that is strange, disappointing
    Is there any excitement at all down there? CNBC seems to be stabbing it all it can...
    03-19-13 03:30 PM
    Guys/Guyettes:

Keep things in perspective. Remember where we were in August-September 2012!

Real share growth isn't going to happen until Mr. Heins delivers numbers to warrant it. We know we have a great product. There are a whole bunch of people with big money betting on BB to fail. This will take time.

Built to keep you moving! Remember the salmon!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-19-13 03:32 PM
    03-19-13 03:33 PM
    dont like the sound of that....
    03-19-13 03:38 PM
    Once again, it seems the negative media is outpacing the positive. I'm actually used to it. Bottom line though...everyone including BBRY itself seems to have risen above all of this crap and manipulation and I still have faith (said that once already today, seems to have worked) that there's an intelligent bunch of users/potential users of there (and I mean millions and millions of them including carriers and enterprise users) who can see through it all.

You'd have had to have been an absolute flippin moron if you put any sort of credence in the CNBC "battle of the smartphones" or whatever they called it. I mean really....how laughingly and embarrasingly obvious a tactic it was to bring in 2 "supposed" debaters with the same biased agenda. It defeats the intention of a debate and CNBC producers need to dream up something better if they're going to continue their purposeful attack on BBRY.

The U.K. story though....where did that come from?
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 03-19-13 at 03:59 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-13 03:40 PM

On the surface it's bad but it's not like it's unusual. BBOS7.1 just got approved in December. I'm sure there were a few back and forths on that too. Difference is, is that this time it made the news.
    03-19-13 03:40 PM
    dont like the sound of that....
    Prepare for a plunge!!! Although, it may not do much...nobody likes Brits anyway...

Lol

(brit thing is a joke...my family is British)
    03-19-13 03:42 PM
    On the surface it's bad but it's not like it's unusual. BBOS7.1 just got approved in December. I'm sure there were a few back and forths on that too. Difference is, is that this time it made the news.
    Yip...they say sell the news...
    03-19-13 03:45 PM
113,256 ... 408409410411412 ...