1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    3,000,000 share trade at $15.02
    Shame it doesn’t show if it was a buy or sell
    03-18-13 03:51 PM
    Somebody sold , and somebody bought . No ?
    Shame it doesn’t show if it was a buy or sell
    03-18-13 03:56 PM
    The more I think about it...it was a buy because the price was two cents lower than last trade.
    Now, next logical question is...what do they know that would provoke such large after hours purchase?
    03-18-13 03:56 PM
    apparently instagram sideload is no longer working.........
    03-18-13 03:58 PM
    Hi gang !
    So, we finished in the green, that's a cool Monday
    Don't really know why ... but I like this chart shape; nothing but my "wet finger facing the wind" ... again !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    03-18-13 04:24 PM
    apparently instagram sideload is no longer working.........
    Instagram having all platform issues, not just limited to BlackBerry 10
    erodenero likes this.
    03-18-13 04:32 PM
    I Found this report. Maybe he used this.
    Attachment 142107
    I ran those numbers together with some country volume estimates that I have, and the Q4 ASP estimate comes out to around $525-$530.
    03-18-13 04:44 PM
    I ran those numbers together with some country volume estimates that I have, and the Q4 ASP estimate comes out to around $525-$530.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rimshare.jpg
    This is the chart I have been using for estimating.
    I don't know how accurate it is?
    Do you have one that's better?
    03-18-13 04:58 PM
    Attachment 142087
    Analyst - Bryan Wilhaucks
    I think people are misinterpreting this chart. This is not by quarter. This is by how well the Z10 sells this quarter. So basically he says if bbry can sell around 1300 this quarter their eps will be .02 and show a profit.
    03-18-13 05:03 PM
    I think people are misinterpreting this chart. This is not by quarter. This is by how well the Z10 sells this quarter. So basically he says if bbry can sell around 1300 this quarter their eps will be .02 and show a profit.
    Aaahhhhh! Yup. Count me in the group of confused then. Ignore anything I say.
    03-18-13 05:13 PM
    The majority of December is included in Q4. This may help...
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-18-13 05:26 PM
    I'm going with the .10 EPS because I think they sold 1.5M Z's. Why do I think this...because of TH's comments in Australia stating they were back safely on solid ground.
    Boom...that should bump the share price.
    03-18-13 05:40 PM
    I'm going with the .10 EPS because I think they sold 1.5M Z's. Why do I think this...because of TH's comments in Australia stating they were back safely on solid ground.
    We can only hope my friend.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-18-13 05:48 PM
    Yup, I guessed weeks ago that 1 million z10s was the magic number for this ER. Glad to see I may not be too far off.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-18-13 05:49 PM
    Aaahhhhh! Yup. Count me in the group of confused then. Ignore anything I say.
    + 1 on that
    03-18-13 05:50 PM
    Yip...would have thought so.
    03-18-13 05:50 PM
    so in regards to ASP......
    Sorry dunno if anyone answered this, but is it the Average Selling Price when Blackberry sells to Carriers
    Or the Average Selling Price when Carriers sell to Consumers?
    03-18-13 05:52 PM
    so in regards to ASP......
    Sorry dunno if anyone answered this, but is it the Average Selling Price when Blackberry sells to Carriers
    Or the Average Selling Price when Carriers sell to Consumers?
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/averagesellingprice.asp

Investopedia is a great resource. When I started I bought Investing for Dummies...great book. several good books out there...Warren Buffet put one out recently...I like it
    03-18-13 05:55 PM
    Pretty sure it's sales to carriers. Price to consumers is subsidized in many countries.

03-18-13 05:55 PM
    Pretty sure it's sales to carriers. Price to consumers is subsidized in many countries.

In this case, it's (or should be) the price that BlackBerry gets from it.
    03-18-13 06:01 PM
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/averagesellingprice.asp

Investopedia is a great resource. When I started I bought Investing for Dummies...great book. several good books out there...Warren Buffet put one out recently...I like it
    Thanks Charles,
    Will have to check out some of those books!
    Im still a little confused regarding ASP

The price a certain class of good or service is typically sold for.
    it doesnt really state whether its from supplier to distributor or distributor to consumer.

and whats even further confusing is
    ASP can refer to the average selling price of the product across multiple distribution channels, across a product category within a company or even across the market as a whole.

So basically one analyst could use ASP of Blackberry to Carriers and one could use ASP of carriers to consumers?
    Sorry for the confusion just really trying to understand how they come by these numbers.
    03-18-13 06:02 PM
    Re: the first bolded paragraph:

This means what BlackBerry gets per phone sale. We don't care what the retailer sells it for because except to extrapolate how much BlackBerry might have sold it to them for. BlackBerry sells to carriers and distributors, not end users. So the price here is not what you see in the Best Buy catalog but the catalog minus whatever markup the retailer adds.

The second bolded paragraph:

This just means if they sell them in Canada for 500 and the US for 600, you average this price it was sold at (obviously weighted for quantity sold at each given price)

Man do I love this Z10 keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:12 PM
    I saw that as well. Not sure what or who that was.
    Wasn't me.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-18-13 06:15 PM
    Here is my interpretation of the chart, after today closing bell.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b1.jpg
    When the market opened, it started to go down. It managed to rebound around $14.66 - $14.78 strongly with 1 bar of break out. If there were two, then it would have continued within the channel from the past 2 break outs. From the 1 bar break out, it went down half way of the bar, until around lunch time to ramp up approaching 1/4th of the break out bar. Now, so far, it closed at $15.02, and AH low is $14.95. $14.95 - $15.05 range is support 1. If this breaks, then support 2 is $14.68. If this breaks, then we are back to the symmetrical triangle channel that Morgan highlights, which is not good, because it will go down even further.

My thoughts on the possible scenarios for tomorrow: 1. It will touch $14.68 tomorrow, and goes even further down to $14.30 range *shudders*. 2. It will hold above support 1 ($14.95 - $15.05) in the morning, consolidate, and do 1 break out bar to $15.81. 3. It will hold above support 1, and do 2 break out bars to $16.48.

The reasoning is that the chart seems to show multiple cups as shown below. We are possibly in the stage of completing a handle that, if it will do scenario 2 tomorrow, then it will mean that a handle will be created, and it may proceed with scenario 3 to complete another cup of which the price target would be $18.41.

I don't have any strong feeling of which scenario will happen. Something seems to be going on with having an AH that has almost 4 million shares traded (high $15.20, low $14.95).

Thoughts?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b2.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b3.jpg
    bungaboy and MoolahMitch like this.
    03-18-13 06:27 PM
    Re: the first bolded paragraph:

This means what BlackBerry gets per phone sale. We don't care what the retailer sells it for because except to extrapolate how much BlackBerry might have sold it to them for. BlackBerry sells to carriers and distributors, not end users. So the price here is not what you see in the Best Buy catalog but the catalog minus whatever markup the retailer adds.

The second bolded paragraph:

This just means if they sell them in Canada for 500 and the US for 600, you average this price it was sold at (obviously weighted for quantity sold at each given price)

Man do I love this Z10 keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's kickarse
    03-18-13 06:28 PM
113,256 ... 402403404405406 ...