View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Soooo.. the party is in the spring of 2015?
    Summer of 2014!?!
    03-18-13 01:46 PM
    So now we are quoting 5th year college Seniors, who admit they are long BBRY, posting on Seeking Alpha for the very first time as an "analyst".... I think we can do better than that, can't we... Or at least give a heads up as to the source.

I'm a 5th year senior at Mississippi State University getting my undergraduate degree in Banking and Finance. I'm part of a group of 8 students at MSU participating in the TVA Investments Challenge where we actively manage ~425k.
    q649 likes this.
    03-18-13 01:47 PM
    We're going to be up and down this whole week. Unless solid news is released, everything is speculation driving the shares up and down. I'm just happy its over $15 still, but wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to $14.50 again. We'll see.....
    lcjr, for all our sakes I hope we never see a price beginning with 14 again, unless it ends in a 0 with no decimal.
    $140 !!
    03-18-13 01:48 PM
    Put in a sell price at 16 for 300 shares. Lets see what happens.
    Put in a sell price of 16.10 on TSX for 400.
    I don't think anything will happen.
    03-18-13 01:51 PM
    So now we are quoting 5th year college Seniors, who admit they are long BBRY, posting on Seeking Alpha for the very first time as an "analyst".... I think we can do better than that, can't we... Or at least give a heads up as to the source.

I'm a 5th year senior at Mississippi State University getting my undergraduate degree in Banking and Finance. I'm part of a group of 8 students at MSU participating in the TVA Investments Challenge where we actively manage ~425k.

So what are your thoughts on BBRY?
    Just out of curiousity where are you seeing your largest gains on that 425k

Edit: In the interest of disclosing qualifications: Undergraduate degree in Business Economics, Currently in progress of completing Canadian Risk Manager Designation as well.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-18-13 01:52 PM
    lcjr, for all our sakes I hope we never see a price beginning with 14 again, unless it ends in a 0 with no decimal.
    $140 !!
    Not to be completely negative today, but of you think we are not going to see a 14 handle on BBRY, I think you will be disappointed and likely very soon. Sorry JMHO and hopefully I am wrong.
    03-18-13 01:57 PM
    $140 !!
    I hear ya, but what I'm getting at is the volatile nature of this stock. Its been all over the place the last few months and we don't have any solid news yet. Good lord, if it went to $20 this week I wouldn't complain at all.
    03-18-13 02:00 PM
    So what are your thoughts on BBRY?
    Just out of curiousity where are you seeing your largest gains on that 425k

Edit: In the interest of disclosing qualifications: Undergraduate degree in Business Economics, Currently in progress of completing Canadian Risk Manager Designation as well.
    Sorry I was quoting from his post just to let others here know his background and "qualifications". Respectfully he is a 5th year college student posting what they did with their play money in an investment contest. That is great, and I did that too way back when, but as originally posted as coming from an "analayst" I felt the need, for whatever reason, to state and repost what he posted as to his background. Sorry for any confusion.
    03-18-13 02:01 PM
    Summer of 2014!?!
    Except that I don't like that he has assumed no drop in sales of BB7 devices, or that somehow playbook will fill the gap - which I seriously doubt.
    q649 likes this.
    03-18-13 02:02 PM

Well ya know what? They are just as valid as the other crud that's been posted by "Analysts".

At least these guys are "educated" and are carrying out thorough research. A lot different from the others.

Oh, and the others don't publish that they are posting crud to advance the fortunes of their short pals.

Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley comes to mind.
    03-18-13 02:04 PM
    Except that I don't like that he has assumed no drop in sales of BB7 devices, or that somehow playbook will fill the gap - which I seriously doubt.
    He also gave an ASP of $650 for the Z10 and we can be sure that that's not the real number.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    03-18-13 02:05 PM
    I can see it back in the $13's easily...just wait for the ER and see what happens....doom and gloom even with great sales volume and more money in the bank. I say yes to $13ish as I will pick up more. Long term baby!
    03-18-13 02:07 PM
    Not to be completely negative today, but of you think we are not going to see a 14 handle on BBRY, I think you will be disappointed and likely very soon. Sorry JMHO and hopefully I am wrong.
    Yeah I know 14.00 is more obvious, wishful thinking I guess to hope we dont see that level again. It is pretty unreasonable to assume we wont the way this stock is bouncing around.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-18-13 02:08 PM
    Sorry I was quoting from his post just to let others here know his background and "qualifications". Respectfully he is a 5th year college student posting what they did with their play money in an investment contest. That is great, and I did that too way back when, but as originally posted as coming from an "analayst" I felt the need, for whatever reason, to state and repost what he posted as to his background. Sorry for any confusion.
    ooooh lol, I thought u were talking about yourself.
    My mistake, guess I was a little ahead of myself talking about qualifications...not that it puts me in any position to make investment decisions lol.
    Yeah definitely wouldn't qualify a play money contest as anything relevant, theres too many emotional aspects that dont carry over to "play money"

Not to mention the guys a 5th year senior....since when did it take 5 years to finish an undergrad degree?...note it did take me 5, but part time lol
    03-18-13 02:10 PM
    Being amongst MBAs & CFAs, I can say I've analysed the shed out of this stock. Hearing from a young American yuppie is gold compared to another tired analyst.

Apple success is due to it's trendiness - it starts with youth. They are the group that determines if the product is cool. If what the kid is saying is true - ie. cool amoung the 20s, then it will become the next thing...

Age is but a number - and the "experienced analysts" accuracy ratings are always around 50%....

03-18-13 02:15 PM
    ooooh lol, I thought u were talking about yourself.
    My mistake, guess I was a little ahead of myself talking about qualifications...not that it puts me in any position to make investment decisions lol.
    Yeah definitely wouldn't qualify a play money contest as anything relevant, theres too many emotional aspects that dont carry over to "play money"

Not to mention the guys a 5th year senior....since when did it take 5 years to finish an undergrad degree?...note it did take me 5, but part time lol
    I appreciate everyone's input and like this thread. I spend way too much time here. I just like ot be accurate and sometimes I think that comes across as negative. I don't judge an article or opinion by which side of the pro or con BBRY debate it falls, I just like to hold whoever to the reasonable facts and let everything else fall where it may.
    03-18-13 02:16 PM
    Andy Ung

ABOUT
    Student in finance. I work in the telecom industry.
    SNAPSHOT
    Description: Undergraduate. Trading frequency: Monthly
    Interests: Stocks - long
    COMPANY
    Currently, there is no company profile for Andy Ung.
    BLOG
    Currently, there are no blog details for Andy Ung.
    Book
    Currently, there are no book details for Andy Ung.

BlackBerry: Understanding QNX - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-18-13 02:21 PM
    Somebody shove this up to close at $15.30 USD today.
    erodenero, lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-18-13 02:27 PM
    I appreciate everyone's input and like this thread. I spend way too much time here. I just like ot be accurate and sometimes I think that comes across as negative. I don't judge an article or opinion by which side of the pro or con BBRY debate it falls, I just like to hold whoever to the reasonable facts and let everything else fall where it may.
    Didnt see it as negative, u were just stating facts as I see it.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-18-13 02:30 PM
    Somebody shove this up to close at $15.30 USD today.
    I'm just happy it’s over $15 all day. For those just following us, we don't mean to sound pessimistic but this stock is all over the place throughout the day. We are PRO-BERRY but have watched this thing do some really strange things lately.
    bungaboy and Marc_Paradise like this.
    03-18-13 02:32 PM
    Being amongst MBAs & CFAs, I can say I've analysed the shed out of this stock. Hearing from a young American yuppie is gold compared to another tired analyst.

Apple success is due to it's trendiness - it starts with youth. They are the group that determines if the product is cool. If what the kid is saying is true - ie. cool amoung the 20s, then it will become the next thing...

Age is but a number - and the "experienced analysts" accuracy ratings are always around 50%....
    Yes. The iBrainwashing of my three children started in their early school years.

When they were in grade 11-12 I bought each one of them top line HP/Compaq Business Class laptops.

When they went off to University they "had" to have MacBook Pro laptops according to them. LoL

So we bit the bullet and caved and got them the Apples.

But, they are all true BlackBerrians. They wouldn't give up their BB Qwerty keyboards for the "cool" factor. They are waiting for April for their new Q10s.

I agree. Blackberry's future is the youth.
    03-18-13 02:36 PM
    I'm just happy it’s over $15 all day. For those just following us, we don't mean to sound pessimistic but this stock is all over the place throughout the day. We are PRO-BERRY but have watched this thing do some really strange things lately.
    Anyone that says the stock will dip is not being negative, they are just being reasonable, Im on board with you lcjr we are all PRO-BERRY but the stock at this point has taken some unsual turns and twists. Its expected for something this volatile, Im just trying to lighten the mood with my "dont dip below 15.00" comments...in actuality, its more than likely going to dip before it goes up, just the way this stock goes, gets hammered and then rises. More of a long term position in my book.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-18-13 02:38 PM
    I am really encouraged the college people of the world are interested. We with the device already know once you use it it's hard to go back to the others...great, now I'm talking myself into more shares!!
    03-18-13 02:45 PM
    Yes. The iBrainwashing of my three children started in their early school years.

When they were in grade 11-12 I bought each one of them top line HP/Compaq Business Class laptops.

When they went off to University they "had" to have MacBook Pro laptops according to them. LoL

So we bit the bullet and caved and got them the Apples.

But, they are all true BlackBerrians. They wouldn't give up their BB Qwerty keyboards for the "cool" factor. They are waiting for April for their new Q10s.

I agree. Blackberry's future is the youth.
    Hmmm... I was kinda thinking the iPhone revolt would be led by the full grown men who were tired of using the same phone as their 12 year-old daughters that were all covered in pink jewels. Embarrassed to be seen with a BB? Now I would be embarrassed to be seen in a meeting with an iPhone!. (But you are probably right - the teens will determine what is "cool" or "hip" or "dope" or "rad" or "sick" or whatever ).
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-13 02:46 PM
    Would love to see a close around 15.53...come on baby.
    03-18-13 02:46 PM
113,256 ... 400401402403404 ...