View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Look up at the top right corner of a post :^)
    It doesn't show on my Z10 display.
    03-18-13 11:45 AM
    Well, we may have some cheaper shares available this afternoon...
    03-18-13 11:51 AM
    $.05 red on TSX.
    03-18-13 11:57 AM
    What's cheap to you? A few pennies don't mean much. Bullish here, coming next Thursday anything below 18 is going to look cheap. IMHO
    DragonFlyer, BBNation and snejpa like this.
    03-18-13 11:59 AM
    What's cheap to you? A few pennies don't mean much. Bullish here, coming next Thursday anything below 18 is going to look cheap. IMHO
    If it falls too much it may trigger some stops. That's where the potential for cheap comes quickly. You have to be watching for it though.

Stocks like these are nice money pumps.
    03-18-13 12:04 PM
    Seriously dude, don't set your expectations too high. To make 18 look cheap, you'd need to see a company that executed a complete turnaround, far outstripping all street expectations. BBRY has repeatedly said that this is a long road - don't expect miracles, even in the case of good results. We're much more likely to think of 18 as "cheap" 2 or even 3 quarters out.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-18-13 12:06 PM
    Seriously dude, don't set your expectations too high. To make 18 look cheap, you'd need to see a company that executed a complete turnaround, far outstripping all street expectations. BBRY has repeatedly said that this is a long road - don't expect miracles, even in the case of good results. We're much more likely to think of 18 as "cheap" 2 or even 3 quarters out.
    You got that right. September is my bet. I just hope that more uncertainty isn't created this ER.
    03-18-13 12:07 PM
    looks like support at 15.40 (TSX)
    03-18-13 12:11 PM
    volume up to 4.41 mil, support line looks broken tsx currently at 15.38 (delayed by 15min)
    03-18-13 12:33 PM
    Hi guys, congrats *all* for the 10K postS !
    Sorry pretty busy right now (O365 is killing me) a nice $15.59 high though
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-18-13 12:35 PM
    It's really uncharacteristic for Heins to rip on a competitor. Him putting apple on blast must mean he has some really good news. Why put a bullseye on your back if you can't back it up?
    03-18-13 12:41 PM
    It's really uncharacteristic for Heins to rip on a competitor. Him putting apple on blast must mean he has some really good news. Why put a bullseye on your back if you can't back it up?
    I was thinking the exact same thing...Not worried about the bullseye really but yeah...why comment for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane likes this.
    03-18-13 12:45 PM
    He really wasn't ripping them. He was calling it as it is/was.

“Apple did a fantastic job in bringing touch devices to market ... They did a fantastic job with the user interface, they are a design icon. There is a reason why they were so successful, and we actually have to admit this and respect that,” Mr Heins said.
    “History repeats itself again I guess ... the rate of innovation is so high in our industry that if you don’t innovate at that speed you can be replaced pretty quickly. The user interface on the iPhone, with all due respect for what this invention was all about is now five years old.”
    03-18-13 12:48 PM
    I was thinking the exact same thing...Not worried about the bullseye really but yeah...why comment for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Like why attract attention to yourself unless you're supremely confident.

A couple of months ago he would've acknowledged the iphone as a great product and how bb10 is just giving consumers something different. Now he is essentially calling out the iphone os as old news and saying bb10 is the successor to it. But, he does it in a classy way.
    03-18-13 12:49 PM
    Put in a sell price at 16 for 300 shares. Lets see what happens.
    03-18-13 12:50 PM
    the quote was really taken out of context, yes he said ios was stale, but he also said “Apple did a fantastic job in bringing touch devices to market, they did a fantastic job with the user interface, they are a design icon. There is a reason why they were so successful, and we actually have to admit this and respect that.”

So not quite going at apple as hard, but still making some good points.

EDIT: Just read above, maybe I was a little slow on the typing lol u beat me to it bungaboy.
    bungaboy, zyben and snejpa like this.
    03-18-13 12:51 PM
    late day rally?
    03-18-13 01:20 PM
    BB is the only green stock I have today... who'd a thunk it?
    03-18-13 01:26 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-7303961-13631869351499512-bryanjw_origin.jpg
    Analyst - Bryan Wilhaucks
    03-18-13 01:27 PM
    broke 15.60
    03-18-13 01:34 PM
    From Seeking Alpha article

I have never owned a BlackBerry; however, I'm excited for the Z10 and have my name on the first one that gets delivered to the VZW store where I always buy my phones. As a college student, I find myself after the newest and latest pieces of technology and I can see trends in my peers, and I'm not the only one in any of my classes waiting for the Z10 to arrive in the US. Contrary to the belief that this is solely a corporate person's phone, many consumers in my generation are always looking for the phone that can keep them connected to Facebook, Twitter, Google, multiple email accounts, and anything else that I can possibly find time for.

The Z10 is showing signs that it could very well be that device.
    03-18-13 01:36 PM
    I've seen many articles stating concerns over the service revenues, but they seem to be over exaggerated. Service revenues were not shut off the moment BB10 was launched, and the new BES especially will become a large stream of revenue in the future as AT&T (T) will begin to push the new BES to a large number of existing corporate clients.
    This is exactly the way I've been my thinking. It's nice to see someone else put it in writing.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-18-13 01:36 PM
    Exactly. Like why attract attention to yourself unless you're supremely confident.

A couple of months ago he would've acknowledged the iphone as a great product and how bb10 is just giving consumers something different. Now he is essentially calling out the iphone os as old news and saying bb10 is the successor to it. But, he does it in a classy way.
    I think you are reading WAY too much into his comments. It is what it is, but its not this nuanced. We will know next week, but I don't think his comment was signalling anything other than his honest and mostly accurate thoughts.
    03-18-13 01:42 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7303961-13631869351499512-BryanJW_origin.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	142087
    Soooo.. the party is in the spring of 2015?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-18-13 01:43 PM
    We're going to be up and down this whole week. Unless solid news is released, everything is speculation driving the shares up and down. I'm just happy its over $15 still, but wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to $14.50 again. We'll see.....
    03-18-13 01:44 PM
113,256 ... 399400401402403 ...