View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't expect to profit from mine for 5-7 years.
    03-15-13 12:06 PM
    Oh man, i want to be a millionaire by then. I'm trying to earn extra cash so I can quit working for Uncle Sam and move to Colorado Springs where my two daughters live. The plan is to buy a house finally and open my own business. Come on Blackberry! lol
    03-15-13 12:11 PM
    Most of my shares are in the low $16's, although I do have some in the 13.xx range....but overall I'm still underwater.
    I am same as you in the low $16's.
    BBInPlay likes this.
    03-15-13 12:13 PM
    uhhh...did u buy at $40+? 5-7 years seems like a long time.
    03-15-13 12:14 PM
    And if ever we hit the $100 range one day, we all have the permission to sell *some* shares, to meet and party, right ?
    WHEN we hit $100 I'll host! (Although some of you may not like the travel costs to get here )
    03-15-13 12:14 PM
    No expert but...no, the trend line is just that a "trend" so small short dips won't do much other than narrowing the channel a bit. None of this is written in stone either...predictive indicators are pointing in the "likely" direction of the trend and are pretty good at it with a 75% average. It’s like CSI in a way…gather the facts, define indicators and patterns then move to the next step with a better understanding of the likely outcome...M8 can explain much better than I but thats my take as a hobby investor.
    A perfect response, the trend is always a "general movement" within some boundaries but we really don't know what the exact limits are until they have past. This chart shows us that we are inside the sym-triangle but only slightly so. Note that changes in trends need confirmation, we didn't confirm the breakout of the sym-triangle and we haven't confirmed the breakdown of this weeks rally.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-15-2013-chart.jpg

We tried to regain the breakout first thing this morning and failed, then, we dropped back to the new uptrend line that formed this week within the sym-tri, now were are sitting here, just below the 5-dma and waiting for the close. There is no pressure, the stock isn't getting pounded here, and so, we are really spreading out the boundaries to accommodate the options expiry. We should very quickly pop on Monday and trade a higher levels if all this is option expiry. I mentioned yesterday that we should trade this way until Monday so relax, wait for the next trading week and hope some good news breaks!

TA is just a way to figure out what "could happen" while there is no news available to drive the stock. I would hope we will not see a lower low, or at least not below my $ 14.70/shr last night, and that we would park close to $ 15.00/shr for the weekend. Not a bad week at all! GL
    03-15-13 12:16 PM
    Did you buy at 75.00?
    03-15-13 12:21 PM
    WHEN we hit $100 I'll host! (Although some of you may not like the travel costs to get here )
    If it hits $100 the cost will be inconsequential....
    Acumenight and bungaboy like this.
    03-15-13 12:28 PM
    slow day...no biggie...have a great weekend
    03-15-13 12:33 PM
    thanks morgan.

as always really appreciate your insight.

ps. the triple bounce off the low is very bullish no?
    03-15-13 12:36 PM
    I think so, but the overall trend for the day is to crawl back, until we see a positive article or some serious comparisons between the Z10 and the galaxy S4 (or "S3+") in terms of software and business.

Its easy to underestimate the corporate appeal of blackberry when the GS4 is aimed at people under 30 and advertised like nothing else
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-15-13 12:42 PM
    Oh man, i want to be a millionaire by then. I'm trying to earn extra cash so I can quit working for Uncle Sam and move to Colorado Springs where my two daughters live. The plan is to buy a house finally and open my own business. Come on Blackberry! lol
    Wish you the best in that direction !
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 12:44 PM
    thanks morgan.

as always really appreciate your insight.

Holy crap!! You are good! Yes, that was a triple bottom on the 2 -3 minute charts and bullish. Now, look at the downtrend line that formed from 10:30 AM on, we are right back up to it and we can break it to end the negative trading here, and start to firm up into the close. A move above $ 14.90/shr turns us back up here. Good call!
    03-15-13 12:45 PM
    Sorry, but ... ahum ... who started the thread ?
    Look like YOU'll all have to come around

But hey, guess what: Paris is not the worst place to celebrate, isn't it ?

Edit : I'm confused and ashamed I didn't get the hosting part.
    My answer should have then started with "Oh thanks ! That's a clever offer ! "
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-15-13 at 01:03 PM.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    03-15-13 12:47 PM
    Thanks man. God I love this thread. Before BB I've never owned stock mainly because I never understood it (that and a lack of free cash). Since being here, I've learned a ****load and it has also got me reading and trying to figure out stuff on my own. With that said, thanks to you all... both newbie and experienced as I've learned from all of you via your comments, questions, tactics, and advice.
    Go find the 4 part series at fwallstreet.com that sgows you how to value JNJ.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    03-15-13 12:47 PM
    If we become rimmionzires, why not go to waterloo?

I bet we could get a lunch with TH if crackberry kevin helps out. With some luck, we might even get prem watsa to show!
    03-15-13 12:51 PM
    If we become rimmionzires, why not go to waterloo?

I bet we could get a lunch with TH if crackberry kevin helps out. With some luck, we might even get prem watsa to show!
    if all of us become "rimmionzires" Watsa will be somewhere on his own island living it up, lol dont think we'll hear from him for a while.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 12:56 PM
    Sorry, but ... ahum ... who started the thread ?
    Look like YOU'll all have to come around

But hey, guess what: Paris is not the worst place to celebrate, isn't it ?
    Naturally, I will defer to your authority as the OP. I was only offering to host as any friendly Canadian would. If you are offering to act as host for the Blackberry $100 party I will gladly step aside!!! (Yeah Paris is nicer than northern Ontario for a party!) BTW are we measuring the stock on TSX or NASDAQ for the official party signal?
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-15-13 12:59 PM
    I own TSX stock (bought at $9.64) and trade nasdaq options
    03-15-13 01:03 PM
    I own TSX stock (bought at $9.64) and trade nasdaq options
    I am really starting to dislike you Luke lol..... damn you and your low buy in price!
    Wish I got in that low
    03-15-13 01:06 PM
    Naturally, I will defer to your authority as the OP. I was only offering to host as any friendly Canadian would. If you are offering to act as host for the Blackberry $100 party I will gladly step aside!!! (Yeah Paris is nicer than northern Ontario for a party!) BTW are we measuring the stock on TSX or NASDAQ for the official party signal?
    Perhaps we can make it the BlackBerry $100 Keep Moving Tour. The party can flow to different locations as long as we have members willing to host. I'll be happy to host a bash here in Los Angeles.
    03-15-13 01:23 PM
    And the $100 party may happen sooner than we think if this stuff keeps happening BlackBerry Z10 makes acting debut on ABC's Last Man Standing | CrackBerry.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 01:28 PM
    And the $100 party may happen sooner than we think if this stuff keeps happening BlackBerry Z10 makes acting debut on ABC's Last Man Standing | CrackBerry.com
    In the show Golden Boy, the main character was shown answering his 9900, in full view.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 01:31 PM
    I am really starting to dislike you Luke lol..... damn you and your low buy in price!
    Wish I got in that low
    I saw the rally as it began, and knew it could be huge. however, a few option calls i have made were quashed by bears and that dented into my overall profit.
    03-15-13 01:32 PM
    I sincerely hope you've seen my edit and again, please accept my apologies for my first answer
    Edit : I'm confused and ashamed I didn't get the hosting part.
    My answer should have then started with "Oh thanks ! That's a clever offer ! "
    Now, what I offer right now is - if all of you agree - a name for our gang.
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stockberrians_logo.png

I believed we'll need some place to set this $100 party ... eventually !
    So, as a birth act, you might like point your browsers to http://www.stockberrians.com
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-15-13 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Hey, we need a logo !
    03-15-13 01:34 PM
113,256 ... 385386387388389 ...