• No

427 37.82%
    LoL. Funny Pictures at WalMart

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Costco of Idiocracy.......
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-14-13 09:47 PM
    Samdung users?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-redneckbirddogs.jpg
    Last edited by bungaboy; 03-15-13 at 07:20 AM.
    03-14-13 09:51 PM
    As much as people bashed Thor and Blackberry for their presentation. At least no one can say they did not focus on how the new BB features are there to help you achieve tasks (or at least reduce disruptions to your workflow). It is just a completely different view of, and proposition to the world.

Use our device to help you do the things you need to do vs. use our device to... use our device.

"And Samsung is banking heavily on software tricks to set itself apart from other smartphones...
    [...]
    Samsung also introduced gesture controls, which let you wave left and right, up and down, to navigate and scroll through web pages and other text-based documents. But even in the few minutes I spent with the Galaxy S IV, it felt like a gimmick that was more hassle than resource. "

Samsung unveils the Galaxy S IV - CNNMoney
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 10:22 PM
    So Samsung Galaxy S4 is launched.
    Am waiting for Apple to sue Samsung for spelling 4S backwards!
    bungaboy, imz, m0de25 and 5 others like this.
    03-15-13 12:45 AM
    First post in this thread here. I bought into BBRY shares right before the BB10 launch. I'm hurting right now but I have my eye on the long-term and feel pretty confident.

I do have a question though, will licensing or selling their hardware department help or hurt shares? I ask this as a technical question.
    Welcome !

About licensing, I believe this could be very positive for countries where import is strictly controlled/taxed, devices specific and low prices mandatory: do I mean China ? Yes. Not for a worldwide deal, IMHO.

About selling : I believe this has no sense at all. The only signal it will send is : we are going to sell everything apart. BB have no underlying ecosystem like Goog or MS or Appl that could sustain a "software only company".

Both options were rumored when BB was called dead, as a possible salvation exit. Now, if I see this (selling), I must say ... I'm out. But with current ASP and growth margins and - what we suppose to be a massive success - none has a real sense, unless for specific reasons as the one above.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    03-15-13 03:03 AM
    As a first time investor, holding BB for the last 2 months... I've come to the conclusion the market is ****ed.
    That's why we're long .

Again, some warnings

• Market does not react as you may expect, it's like a chess game, they can play several shots in advance; as an image "sacrificing pawns to win the game" is something you will often see here.
    • Day trading is something that require high skills and appropriate tools/accounts : beware of fee transactions and delayed V.S real time. Don't fight against "enemies" on their favorite field. You will lose, most of the time because you don't have the same financial capacity (see point just below that should never be forgotten : if you lose, you lose. Sad, but "don't try you again").
    • If you're not a trader, well, you're not a trader : do not engage anything more than you can afford to lose 100%, never brake your safe savings into a speculative action.
    • Never regret you've not "played all in at first"; think performance (what % of gains You made) and enjoy it.
    • Iit's not because you've won once that you're now an expert. On that particular Stock, we have some knowledge the market have not but if we win at the end, we will be called "lucky beginners". Be it, that's true. On an average basis and with a large wallet, experienced/professional traders will earn much more (in cash) than you can ever expect ... until you learn their skills and get enough available cash to compete ... eventually.

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-15-13 at 03:57 AM.
    03-15-13 03:19 AM
    Reading of the day : BlackBerry Catches A Break: What's Driving The Stock - Seeking Alpha
    I mentioned in a previous article that BlackBerry had become a more attractive short-term stock because of several factors. With new information it seems that holding on to BlackBerry for the long term may yield profits.
    Although BlackBerry's foray into the high-end smartphone market seemed shaky at first, the facts don't lie. People the world over, as well as an undisclosed and very large enterprise customer, want to get their hands on the new Z10. Sales are going well in all the markets that the Z10 has released in, and the United States should be no different. BlackBerry 10 is undeniably gaining traction: going long right now is a safe bet.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-15-13 05:37 AM
    Starting the premarket in the green is scary lol
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-15-13 06:12 AM
    The share of NOs in that S4 poll increased overnight to 44%, despite a doubling in the number of respondents.
    03-15-13 06:25 AM
    Starting the premarket in the green is scary lol
    St. Patrick's Day week-end...it has to stay green today
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-15-13 06:28 AM
    The S4 launch doesn't appear to be hurting AAPL shares this morning as they jump 1.27% so far in premarkets.
    03-15-13 06:32 AM
    Im hoping for 1 more down day. Need to get some options!
    03-15-13 06:36 AM
    Just fired a CAN$ 15.4 (~ USD 15) 150 shares order ... Don't want to be too late in the party before the 28th.
    Hope the usual dive @ opening won't bottom lower (yesterday low was 14.98 ...).
    Let's see ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 07:18 AM
    Well I can't buy options untill I open a margin account which wont be anytime soon. SOOO the stock can go up! But because im sad about the Options Trading im sure the stock will go down to make me feel worse hahahahaa
    03-15-13 07:20 AM
    Some gain of interest ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 07:24 AM
    Yet all the Walmarts in Canada have TONS of BB10 marketing.
    Sorry, I did not realize that the Canadian Walmarts appeal to a different segment of consumers. Admittedly, I don't go to Walmart very much, but when I drive by and based upon what I do know about US stores, folks looking for a $600 smartphone won't go to Walmart for it and those already at Walmart are more likely to buy a trackphone or some other budget minded device. JMHO, I could be wrong....
    lcjr and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-15-13 07:24 AM
    03-15-13 07:26 AM
    IMHO, for these areas, we also have to wait the middle-range devices before BB raise significantly their market share. But launch seems to be a success, even with a 7million rupees priced devices. Sounds like a good signal.
    03-15-13 07:33 AM
    Thanks for linking the article...

One of the things I found interesting: " BlackBerry Indonesia marketing director Eka Anwar said: "With the Z10, and *five* other products we are going to launch here, we want to make sure everyone holds only a BlackBerry Z10 and no other phone."

So, the plan of launching 6 total BB10 products is still in the cards? I know he didn't say" this year", but it's implied, imo.
    03-15-13 07:37 AM
    Sorry, I did not realize that the Canadian Walmarts appeal to a different segment of consumers. Admittedly, I don't go to Walmart very much, but when I drive by and based upon what I do know about US stores, folks looking for a $600 smartphone won't go to Walmart for it and those already at Walmart are more likely to buy a trackphone or some other budget minded device. JMHO, I could be wrong....
    No worries.... I didn't know there was that big a difference. I figured the sheer size would attract both the "people of Walmart" and others as it does here.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-15-13 07:38 AM
    A funny reminder of how the world has gone digital:

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/03/14/...-pope-francis/

As we all know, BB just needs a small fraction of this exploding market in order to break their own previous records
    Last edited by m0de25; 03-15-13 at 08:32 AM.
    03-15-13 07:44 AM
    Slow day so far...

Did anyone notice that PM trading is in the A.M. and AM trading is in the P.M?

(sorry if this has been discussed before, lol!)
    03-15-13 08:02 AM
    Thanks for linking the article...

One of the things I found interesting: " BlackBerry Indonesia marketing director Eka Anwar said: "With the Z10, and *five* other products we are going to launch here, we want to make sure everyone holds only a BlackBerry Z10 and no other phone."

So, the plan of launching 6 total BB10 products is still in the cards? I know he didn't say" this year", but it's implied, imo.
    I read that this morning and was literally wondering the same thing. Z10, Q10, Aristo, Blackforest Tablet. What else?
    03-15-13 08:08 AM
    I read that this morning and was literally wondering the same thing. Z10, Q10, Aristo, Blackforest Tablet. What else?
    Probably a cheaper "Curve BB10" and Playbook BB10... I just hope they are all sooner rather than a year away
    03-15-13 08:13 AM
    Slow day so far...

Did anyone notice that PM trading is in the A.M. and AM trading is in the P.M?

(sorry if this has been discussed before, lol!)
    lol... hadn't really noticed but it's "after market" and "pre market"
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-15-13 08:13 AM
113,256 ... 381382383384385 ...