View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My 2 cents, or I guess a nickel since we are now penniless in Canada.

I have some thoughts about BBRY in the near future and would appreciate any input from anyone.
    There is a lot of big money out there that do not and will not make a move until they see hard numbers.
    Those numbers will come out March 28 for Q4. I see all of the numbers to beat the street expectations.
    I think they will also take the opportunity to give out some numbers for the current 1st quarter which will also be impressive.
    I think they will give a forward looking statement that will be at the lower end of their expectations but will beat the street expectations.
    I think that on March 28 that big money will poor into the stock and it will double.
    I think that when the market opens back up after the long weekend that all the analysts will have adjusted their targets and the new price will hold and we will play around the $40 mark for a while until it takes off again after more better then expected news.
    I don't think I'm over exaggerating so please feel free to rip this thing apart and maybe knock me off my high horse.

$40 mark would be nice, but I'm thinking we won't reach that until the next (June) earnings report. If we do reach it earlier, I won't be complaining.
    03-14-13 05:12 PM

I have some thoughts about BBRY in the near future and would appreciate any input from anyone.
    There is a lot of big money out there that do not and will not make a move until they see hard numbers.
    Those numbers will come out March 28 for Q4. I see all of the numbers to beat the street expectations.
    I think they will also take the opportunity to give out some numbers for the current 1st quarter which will also be impressive.
    I think they will give a forward looking statement that will be at the lower end of their expectations but will beat the street expectations.
    I think that on March 28 that big money will poor into the stock and it will double.
    I think that when the market opens back up after the long weekend that all the analysts will have adjusted their targets and the new price will hold and we will play around the $40 mark for a while until it takes off again after more better then expected news.
    I don't think I'm over exaggerating so please feel free to rip this thing apart and maybe knock me off my high horse.
    There is no way, personally... I see the stock going to $40 after the earnings report. Unless they report that 10 million phones were sold or something spectacular. I actually expect a dip... But who knows. Look what happened to Netflix in January.
    03-14-13 05:15 PM

Hey Dragonflyer,
    honestly i think all of us in this thread (except dude ) would love if the stock doubled after the earnings call. But realistically i dont think any of those shorts are going to let go any time soon, they are whats keeping the stock below average. The only thing that will make them let go is steady scaleable earnings, we'll only know once bb10 has been established in the market and has gained back some of bbry's lost market share.
    Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    03-14-13 05:16 PM
    There is no way, personally... I see the stock going to $40 after the earnings report. Unless they report that 10 million phones were sold or something spectacular. I actually expect a dip... But who knows. Look what happened to Netflix in January.
    That is so funny. I was looking at Netflix right before I posted this. I must have Netflix fever.
    erodenero likes this.
    03-14-13 05:17 PM
    now i wish netflix had blackberry fever
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-14-13 05:19 PM
    Any excel expert here?
    I need some help here.
    I just switched from IE to Google Chrome for my TDAmeratride. When I copy the data from a watch list to my excel using (Copy from the webpage then paste as text into excel), all the data appears in first column. I don't have this problem when I use IE.
    For example, the data from the watch list are as follows:

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
    A2 B2 C2 D2 E2

When they are pasted into the excel, it looks like this
    A1

B1

C1

D1

E1

A2

B2

C2

D2

E2

I need the pasted data in excel just like
    A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
    A2 B2 C2 D2 E2

Is there any trick to do that with Google Chrome.

Thanks in advance.
    Paste Special and select TRANSPOSE
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-14-13 05:28 PM
    hi morgan,

what does your chart look like for tomorrow? is this just a healthy pullback to support setting up for a strong day tomorrow?
    03-14-13 05:32 PM
    Doesn't BB garner any revenue from QNX? If so, why is that completely overlooked?
    yes

but its not much
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-14-13 05:37 PM
    03-14-13 05:39 PM
    Live: Unboxing the BlackBerry Z10 LA Times

Live: Unboxing the BlackBerry Z10 [Video chat] - latimes.com
    Horrible video. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:42 PM
    Horrible video. Lol

Posted via CB10
    quality or content? cant watch it at work
    03-14-13 05:48 PM
    quality or content? cant watch it at work
    Mostly content. It's two people in different offices chatting over video call and fumbling with the phone. Neither have ever touched it or seemed to know anything about it

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:50 PM
    Not sure if this was posted already.

The Street today continued to discuss the announcement yesterday by BlackBerry (BBRY) that it had received an order for 1 million units of phones based on its new BB10 operating system, the largest single order in the company’s history for any device.

Analyst Maynard Um of Wells Fargo yesterday wrote that the announcement was encouraging, as did Goldman Sachs‘s Simona Jankowski this morning.

Then, it was the bears’ turn. Sterne Agee‘s Shaw Wu this afternoon reiterates a Neutral rating on BlackBerry shares, writing that the 1 million figure is “impressive,” and also “consistent with our recent supplier checks indicating BBRY likely shipped 1 million to 1.5 million units.”

“The order size would suggest a service provider or distributor customer and we believe expectations that it is a U.S. carrier make sense,” adds Wu. “But from our analysis, we believe Indonesia, arguably BBRY’s strongest country, may make more sense.”

Nevertheless, Wu is still concerned a rebound in sales over a longer time frame is not certain:

While near-term BB10 momentum looks good, we are concerned with sustainability. Our feedback indicates buyers are long-time loyalists as opposed to new customers. It remains to be seen if BB10 can gain mainstream acceptance that BB once commanded that is now owned by Android and iOS. In addition, we are concerned with the company’s road to profitability given rising BOM (build-of-materials) costs with the use of more premium parts including touchscreens, glass, and metals and as its higher-margin service revenue (36% of revenue) will likely get impacted as BB10 ramps as a larger contributor. The reason is lower service fees vs. previous generations.

And Brian Blair of Wedge Partners this afternoon wrote that of the announcement yesterday that “we don’t think it means exactly what the headline suggests”:

We believe this million unit order is from a distributor, not a major carrier like AT&T (T) or Verizon (VZ), as many immediately speculated.
    03-14-13 05:52 PM
    DragonFlyer, I think.....like you. My only hope is that this goofy, fickle market responds like it should to an upbeat, entirely successful Q4 report. But hey...would any of us be really, really happy if BBRY behaved normally?
    03-14-13 05:55 PM
    Heres the live galaxy event. Let's see how much bigger the screen will be:
    Samsung Mobile - YouTube
    03-14-13 06:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure sales start in Indonesia tomorrow, will there be any riots?
    03-14-13 06:04 PM
    Paste Special and select TRANSPOSE
    Thank you for saving me the time on that. I was just about to get into that now that I'm home.
    03-14-13 06:04 PM
    Anyone else here watching the Samsung S4 event? I mean it does have some significance to us, just wondering what a main competitor has to offer, please be boring stuff Samsung!

Link to live stream for those curious: Samsung UNPACKED 2013 Livestream - YouTube!
    03-14-13 06:06 PM
    Heres the live galaxy event. Let's see how much bigger the screen will be:
    Samsung Mobile - YouTube
    Thanks! I'm tuned in. Nice setting by the way.
    03-14-13 06:08 PM
    Anyone else here watching the Samsung S4 event? I mean it does have some significance to us, just wondering what a main competitor has to offer, please be boring stuff Samsung!

Link to live stream for those curious: Samsung UNPACKED 2013 Livestream - YouTube!

Yes! Got me a cold one, headphones, and I'm tuned in. Nothing but sound right now.
    03-14-13 06:09 PM
    Countdown!! Its starting now.
    03-14-13 06:11 PM
    Not sure if this was posted already.

The Street today continued to discuss the announcement yesterday by BlackBerry (BBRY) that it had received an order for 1 million units of phones based on its new BB10 operating system, the largest single order in the company’s history for any device.

Analyst Maynard Um of Wells Fargo yesterday wrote that the announcement was encouraging, as did Goldman Sachs‘s Simona Jankowski this morning.

Then, it was the bears’ turn. Sterne Agee‘s Shaw Wu this afternoon reiterates a Neutral rating on BlackBerry shares, writing that the 1 million figure is “impressive,” and also “consistent with our recent supplier checks indicating BBRY likely shipped 1 million to 1.5 million units.”

“The order size would suggest a service provider or distributor customer and we believe expectations that it is a U.S. carrier make sense,” adds Wu. “But from our analysis, we believe Indonesia, arguably BBRY’s strongest country, may make more sense.”

Nevertheless, Wu is still concerned a rebound in sales over a longer time frame is not certain:

While near-term BB10 momentum looks good, we are concerned with sustainability. Our feedback indicates buyers are long-time loyalists as opposed to new customers. It remains to be seen if BB10 can gain mainstream acceptance that BB once commanded that is now owned by Android and iOS. In addition, we are concerned with the company’s road to profitability given rising BOM (build-of-materials) costs with the use of more premium parts including touchscreens, glass, and metals and as its higher-margin service revenue (36% of revenue) will likely get impacted as BB10 ramps as a larger contributor. The reason is lower service fees vs. previous generations.

And Brian Blair of Wedge Partners this afternoon wrote that of the announcement yesterday that “we don’t think it means exactly what the headline suggests”:

We believe this million unit order is from a distributor, not a major carrier like AT&T (T) or Verizon (VZ), as many immediately speculated.
    Completely asinine!
    03-14-13 06:15 PM
    Yes! Got me a cold one, headphones, and I'm tuned in. Nothing but sound right now.
    Hahaha same here, love how they do the whole band thing.. It's pretty incredible.. They must spend some mad money on this event :P
    03-14-13 06:16 PM
    Knox? really? anyone watching?
    03-14-13 06:18 PM
    Mr Chin finished talking and now the unboxing......
    03-14-13 06:19 PM
113,256 ... 375376377378379 ...