View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think that with the sheer number of shares shorted, there will be some covering but with the ER so soon, and typically stock drops after, the big boys may wait it out.
    That if ER is bad. Past 2 ERs have been good, infact surprisingly better but shorts played games by keep bring non-issues. They played service revenue card in last ER but I am sure BB is well prepared this time to answer those repeated questions. Remember BB probably sold 80% bb7s in the last quarter so millions of $s in BIS revenue.
    This ER will include:
    millions of bb7 sales
    z10 sales
    marketing cost
    cash balance
    updates bb10 progress
    Cost cutting done
    BB10 dev was done before last er
    I can not think of anything negative..

On the side note: BSNL, I think india's larget carrier

http://telecomtalk.info/bsnl-launche...ry-z10/105154/
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 12:06 AM
    what time are the earning reports released at generally?
    03-14-13 12:07 AM
    Regarding the 1M device order, is there anyone other than AT&T that could possibly behind it? It makes no sense for Verizon to place a record order when they haven't even opened the pre-order channels to the public (company pre-orders are likely made first or already).

AT&T has had its pre-orders open for almost 2 days, and it entirely makes sense that they place a record initial order (or perhaps this is their second batch order) based on the [presumably] high levels of interest and pre-orders already seen
    My first thought is AT&T as well.
    What about an institution or government in a place like India. Would this be a possibility?
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-14-13 12:15 AM
    Here is more good news..did not know BB was # 1 in terms of revenue.

China to cede smartphone share to India, could benefit BBRY and AAPL most � Market Realist

I do not think it's indian goverment as they currently do not have 1 mil smartphone high end smartphone users unless they are planning to roll out smartphones to them..2..If if it was Indian gov. it would have been leacked out long time ago...LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 12:20 AM
    And that is part of the problem. People need to stay realistic. This quarter only has limited BB10 release (one month) and wont show BB10 at full strength. It is expected that many legacy BBOS users were delaying purchasing a new device until BB10 was released. It was mainly large companies and governments who kept ordering older BB devices. So sales during first 2 months of Q4 are expected to be at an all time low.

I am expecting that BB10 sales will be positive, but as is only 1/3 a quarter sales I am not expecting sales through the roof. If it happens great. If not, oh well.

All this positive spin, someone somewhere will be diggin for negative to report on. Unfortunately, they will likely find it in loss of BIS revenues. I would also expect that PlayBook sales are now virtually nil for Q4.

Q1 will be THE quarter to watch. I just hope the 'reporters' and so called analysts remember that come the end of March.
    StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    03-14-13 12:24 AM
    And that is part of the problem. People need to stay realistic. This quarter only has limited BB10 release (one month) and wont show BB10 at full strength. It is expected that many legacy BBOS users were delaying purchasing a new device until BB10 was released. It was mainly large companies and governments who kept ordering older BB devices. So sales during first 2 months of Q4 are expected to be at an all time low.

I am expecting that BB10 sales will be positive, but as is only 1/3 a quarter sales I am not expecting sales through the roof. If it happens great. If not, oh well.

All this positive spin, someone somewhere will be diggin for negative to report on. Unfortunately, they will likely find it in loss of BIS revenues. I would also expect that PlayBook sales are now virtually nil for Q4.

Q1 will be THE quarter to watch. I just hope the 'reporters' and so called analysts remember that come the end of March.
    iPad sales, UK: BlackBerry PlayBook outselling new iPad | BGR
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-14-13 01:01 AM
    If the stock hits up to 18+ before earnings, most likely going to sell my bundle. I expect a dip after earnings report.
    Bilaal likes this.
    03-14-13 01:25 AM
    Thanks. I was purely speculating, but is nice to see the PB is still selling Now if we could get BB10 on the PB we'd probably see even more sales.
    03-14-13 01:32 AM
    Since we are just speculating ...how about Lenovo ordering 1000000 to sell in its 7000 stores.
    03-14-13 01:35 AM
    OK, I feel ( nothing scientific here) ta it could be my last chance to add some more. Will place an order at $14 for today, in case bears and shorts dips the opening.
    This will be a double, to reach 500 shares, and should be my final move... for a while.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 02:22 AM
    OK, I feel ( nothing scientific here) ta it could be my last chance to add some more. Will place an order at $14 for today, in case bears and shorts dips the opening.
    This will be a double, to reach 500 shares, and should be my final move... for a while.

Posted via CB10
    $14? I think you're reaching a little.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-14-13 02:40 AM
    Nice to see $16.30 at the opening of premarkets.
    03-14-13 03:15 AM
    Thanks. I was purely speculating, but is nice to see the PB is still selling Now if we could get BB10 on the PB we'd probably see even more sales.
    I'm thinking that their margins are a lot higher on the Z10 so they don't want to create too much demand for it at this stage.
    03-14-13 03:20 AM
    Wonder how we will do today. I expect the Tsx to finish lower. Maybe BlackBerry on Tsx to finish at around 15.95.

Yesterday I said 15.10 but was off untill the news hit.

Any predictions for fun?
    03-14-13 06:02 AM
    Definitely not.

Actually, given that no time frame is given, I'm wondering if the order could be a rolling order, or maybe even for future phones (E.g. Z10, Q10, next all touch, next qwerty, etc). Kind of like a contract type of thing.
    BlackBerry� (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) announced today that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, with shipments starting immediately.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-14-13 06:02 AM
    I think there will be some short covering today and the stock will pass $17. It's pretty tough to refute numbers.

My pre ER estimate is still 21.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-14-13 06:08 AM
    I'm going to say we'll close above 17.
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/03/res...dia-jefferies/.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 06:20 AM
    I'm getting on a flight to Denver so I'll miss the morning market action, I think I'll play a little Jetpack Joyride on the playbook. And yes, I will be using the profit bird.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 06:27 AM
    Looks like the Samsung GS4 will not be as radical or different as some thought. Good news for BB.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 revealed in leaked images | The Verge
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 06:34 AM
    BlackBerry Previews Secure Work Space Technology for Third Party Platforms

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 14, 2013) - BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) today confirmed its commitment to bringing a solution that will separate and secure work and personal data on mobile devices to third party platforms. Secure Work Space for iOS� and Android™ will be managed through BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry's multi-platform enterprise mobility management solution which builds upon more than a decade of enterprise and security expertise and is the most widely deployed mobility solution in enterprises today.
    bungaboy, CDM76 and leafs123 like this.
    03-14-13 06:38 AM
    I'm planning an extended straddle play. Bought calls low, will buy puts high. Will hedge common. Will hold all through ER. Then act accordingly.
    Do you mind sharing at what price you would be buying puts? I'm thinking of buying puts as well (and also hedging) but haven't decided when.
    03-14-13 06:40 AM
    More distraction . . . . love it.

Apple's Phil Schiller Slams Android On Eve Of Galaxy S4 Release

Huffington Post

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:36 PM GMT

Samsung is launching the Galaxy S4 on Thursday, and Apple just won't let Samsung have the spotlight for a minute. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Apple executive Phil Schiller slammed Android, the S4's operating system, the day before their launch.

"Android is often given a free replacement for a feature phone and the experience isn't as good as an iPhone," Schiller said. He added: "When you take an Android device out of the box, you have to sign up to nine accounts with different vendors to get the experience iOS comes with," he said. "They don't work seamlessly together."

Read the entire Wall Street Journal interview here.

It's natural for Apple to feel insecure at this time in its life. There is much speculation as to whether or not Apple can continue to be a top tech competitor, and Samsung is on an upward trajectory. As of January, Samsung Galaxy phones had outsold iPhones for an entire year, and like iPhones of yore, the Galaxy S4 has been feverishly followed and anticipated by Samsung fans.

Also on the rise is Google, the company that wrote Android. Its stock climbed to a new high in March as the tech press gawked over Google Glass, the company's computerized glasses to be released in 2013, while Apple's stock hit a one-year low on the same day.

Schiller's statements happened to coincide with Android's chief, Andy Rubin, stepping down Wednesday. He will be replaced by Google executive Sundar Pichai.

Alexis Kleinman
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-14-13 07:04 AM
    Are most people expecting an early morning dip, or is the consensus that the stock will continue to rise/stay even throughout the day.

Personally, I expect a pre-market increase with about a $16.20 open. A quick jump then a sharp drop off to below $16, than a gradual increase throughout the day. What are some other thoughts going around?
    03-14-13 07:09 AM
    I want to buy at bare minimum April $16 puts. Will wait for the price to peak before buying obviously. If price goes over $18 will buy $17, etc. Looking basically to spend no more than $1.3/call

(TSX Prices)

Do you mind sharing at what price you would be buying puts? I'm thinking of buying puts as well (and also hedging) but haven't decided when.
    03-14-13 07:12 AM
    Wonder how we will do today. I expect the Tsx to finish lower. Maybe BlackBerry on Tsx to finish at around 15.95.

Yesterday I said 15.10 but was off untill the news hit.

Any predictions for fun?
    the one million order should set the stage for some upgrades, so i expect more upside for the balance of the week...
    and then another positive NR this morning by BB, it all points higher, if you ask me...
    03-14-13 07:13 AM
113,256 ... 364365366367368 ...