View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't understand why these short trolls like dudeare allowed to post here? The short trolls are running around the internet in total shock and saying anything to down play an order of 1,000,000 phones. Shorts have INCREASED from 136 million to 147 million shares with the majority DEEP in the red. The orders are pouring in 5 K from german goverment and what was it 40 or 50K orders for NATO and now 1,000,000 orders placed. Suppliers are saying orders have increased. The writting is on the wall. If you are short and want to be stupid fine. All you have to do is use the Z10 and you will understand it beats EVERY SINGLE phone on the market. I had a SG3 and it doesn't compare to the Z10. My SG3 collects dust now.
    everybody is allowed to post here, we need to hear what others are thinking and you have to admit, dude does provide a bit of fun if you read his posts with a russian accent!
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) announced today that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, with shipments starting immediately. This order marks the largest ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history.
    I highlighted the key words here. As I said, the historic peak sales of BB phone is about 7.5 million handset/Q.
    Based on this larger order than historic purchase order, will it be safe to say that Blackberry can sell at least 7.5 million Z10 + Q10 (Q10 is not available yet) next quarter?
    Again, if they doe sell 7.5 millon Z10, will it be safe to say that the quartely EP will be more than $3/share?
    Again, if they can make $3 earning per quarter, will it be safe to say that they can make $12 EPS?
    Again, if they make $12 EPS, will it be safe to say that the stock price will be at least $120?
    Again, if the stock reaches $120, will it be safe to say that the historic short squeeze will be on?
    Again....
    Your first mistake is thinking that EPS means anything.

You need to look at FCF.

If the first 1 million phones create no FCF and each additional phone sale generates $100, every million units sold beyond the first million represent an extra $100 million of FCF. They need to sell 21 million Z10s to take FCF to $2 billion. That would take market cap to $20 billion plus shareholder equity of whatever that is at the time. A $20 billion market cap with current share count is about $40/share.

Alot of made up crap, yes. But it is better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
    03-13-13 10:16 PM
    question doe anybody know why the ask price on this web site show 18.00 for bbry shares

BBRY: Summary for Research In Motion Limited- Yahoo! Canada Finance
    03-13-13 10:21 PM
    just curious, usually the closing price isnt to far of from the ask price.....or am I just lost?
    03-13-13 10:23 PM
    question doe anybody know why the ask price on this web site show 18.00 for bbry shares

BBRY: Summary for Research In Motion Limited- Yahoo! Canada Finance
    Ignore the bid/ask when markets are not open.
    03-13-13 10:23 PM
    that does not explain why it say the ask is at 18.00 but thanks for the in depth explenation lol
    03-13-13 10:29 PM
    This order wont be reflected in the earnings report on mar.28 right?
    Definitely not.

Nope..... this one gets saved up for the June report. I'm ok with that. This upcoming one is going to be good on it's own.
    Actually, given that no time frame is given, I'm wondering if the order could be a rolling order, or maybe even for future phones (E.g. Z10, Q10, next all touch, next qwerty, etc). Kind of like a contract type of thing.
    03-13-13 10:43 PM
    Nice day. Calls up 103%. Still not selling.

Lucky b__ I almost pulled trigger on friday around $13 and then chikckened out. Then I saw your post about april calls and thought I should have done too and now I kick myself for not buying..Never too late so I bought whole bunch april calls today with the hope of 50 pct return..see how goes..
    BThunderW likes this.
    03-13-13 10:43 PM
    I was watching the after hours trading. At 8:00, AH closed, the price just before it closed was 16.04, and just seconds after it closed, bid was 0 and ask was 18. Don't know what that's about, but it's safe to say that after hour trading the stock closed at 16.04.
    03-13-13 10:49 PM
    Only 10 trading days before ER
    Are you holdinng your calls or selling before earning. I think 2 weeks left in april call after er report..The stock should hit 52 week high if shorts cover otherwise most of bulls might still wait until ER...decisions..decisions..
    03-13-13 10:51 PM
    I'm planning an extended straddle play. Bought calls low, will buy puts high. Will hedge common. Will hold all through ER. Then act accordingly.

Are you holdinng your calls or selling before earning. I think 2 weeks left in april call after er report..The stock should hit 52 week high if shorts cover otherwise most of bulls might still wait until ER...decisions..decisions..
    03-13-13 11:01 PM
    The one thing we have in our favour this time is the fact that the bears cannot manipulate the FACT that BB's largest ever 1 time order took place on the new product. I'm sure they will try to skirt the issue and find something else to bitc* about but I think they might be a tad screwed this time around.

Excactly..All previous news came from analysts or BB with no numbers saing z10 doing well which gave shorts to opportunity turn into negative news. This time it's official numbers given by the company within the SEC compliance so shorts have nothing to defend but to cover. If you notice that headlines telling to shorts to cover now also increased in last few days. So the pressure is on shorts now.. We do not know when shipments started for this 1m order as shipped means sold. this sale might be part of Mar ER report or next one..Who know some of these units were shipped to this customer before feb 28.
    03-13-13 11:06 PM
    Same here, 200 shares, bought at an average price of $11.90.. I can say at the very least that this is quite the exciting experiment as it's my first time ever investing in the stock market :P
    Regardless of small or large shareholders, we are all in the Blackberry fan family. Also with your 200 shares, you already earned enough to have one Z10 and one Q10 phone for free.
    Cheers:-)
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 11:07 PM
    I'm planning an extended straddle play. Bought calls low, will buy puts high. Will hedge common. Will hold all through ER. Then act accordingly.
    Thx...you must have lot of dough to do all this..
    Good strategy..common requires lot more captital. I guess best to buy low price calls, then sell them at high along with buying some puts and keep riding calls until it starts to come down The key thing would be when to pull the trigger for all these transactions..thanks
    03-13-13 11:12 PM
    BBRY...last chance to get in on the first or second floor

The basement bargains are gone now...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 11:12 PM
    Regardless of small or large shareholders, we are all in the Blackberry fan family. Also with your 200 shares, you already earned enough to have one Z10 and one Q10 phone for free.
    Cheers:-)
    small or big..we as BB fan doing our part..some of us end up making money or lose money..now turned into hobby..)) Imagine 25% of fans just buying 100 stocks each. These shorts will be naked with infected orgons..
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 11:14 PM
    BIGBBRYGUY,

I think it is totally feasable for BRY rto sell 20+ million units this year. I'd be disappointed if they didn't. Why?

The combined market for the USA, Canada and UK are about 200 million smart phone users. If they can't sell 10 million to those countries and 10 million to the rest of world, BBRY is in big trouble.

I think 20 million devices this year would be HUGE.
    Hope you meant 20 million Z10 + Q10 handsets not the total handset shipment this year.
    I think it is achievable this year for Blackberry to ship 26 ~ 30 million BB7 phone and 15 ~ 25 million Z10 and Q10.
    03-13-13 11:20 PM
    Excactly..All previous news came from analysts or BB with no numbers saing z10 doing well which gave shorts to opportunity turn into negative news. This time it's official numbers given by the company within the SEC compliance so shorts have nothing to defend but to cover. If you notice that headlines telling to shorts to cover now also increased in last few days. So the pressure is on shorts now.. We do not know when shipments started for this 1m order as shipped means sold. this sale might be part of Mar ER report or next one..Who know some of these units were shipped to this customer before feb 28.
    These won't be a part of the upcoming ER. The quote states that they will start to ship immediately. I do, however, believe this order will be filled and shipped within the current quarter to be reported in June.
    03-13-13 11:22 PM
    I didn't see any posts of DudeBB's short position... did someone remember to feed him?
    I think he claimed to have shorted 12,000 shares at $13.99 before. Of course, he'll probably also claim that he covered it at $12.55 or something now.
    03-13-13 11:25 PM
    Holding about 260 shares that i picked up at 9.64 (TSX), and am quite happy with the investment (not so happy i missed the peak at $18) as well as some $14 and $15 calls for March and april that look a LOT better this week
    Michail Karteros likes this.
    03-13-13 11:26 PM
    The market doesn't care what was your historical cost. If you buy right now for $16 then this is your new cost. If you bought bought MCD for $50 and then sold your shares for $60 does that mean you can never be a MCD investor again cause it is at $99 today?

Posted via CB10
    I get what you are saying, but if I didn't sell when I did (my plan was to hold for very long term), I would have about $1,500 more in my portfolio right now. I look at that as a $1,500 loss by me. I'm not sure of your finances, but for me that's a lot of money. Nothing I can't get over, but it will still hurt for a little while.
    03-13-13 11:44 PM
    Regarding the 1M device order, is there anyone other than AT&T that could possibly behind it? It makes no sense for Verizon to place a record order when they haven't even opened the pre-order channels to the public (company pre-orders are likely made first or already).

AT&T has had its pre-orders open for almost 2 days, and it entirely makes sense that they place a record initial order (or perhaps this is their second batch order) based on the [presumably] high levels of interest and pre-orders already seen
    03-13-13 11:44 PM
    Is it possible that no one sells first thing in the morning and shorts starts covering @ 18 and hits $20 by the end of the day. Imagine opening up 10%, never know based on after hours activity it can happen.
    Notice how BB planned and slided this news just in last hour and before sammy release so shorts have less than hour to cover today and 2 days before Horizon order is annouced next week...not by name but just a partner purchase.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 11:49 PM
    Regarding the 1M device order, is there anyone other than AT&T that could possibly behind it? It makes no sense for Verizon to place a record order when they haven't even opened the pre-order channels to the public (company pre-orders are likely made first or already).

AT&T has had its pre-orders open for almost 2 days, and it entirely makes sense that they place a record initial order (or perhaps this is their second batch order) based on the [presumably] high levels of interest and pre-orders already seen
    I do not think the order such as this size happens in days..I am sure they have been working including contracts and stuff for weeks and now that it is signed BB was able to tell public. I think it's att or verizon..may be that is what delayed the release..not testing as us carriers had z10 before anyone else
    03-13-13 11:53 PM
    Is it possible that no one sells first thing in the morning and shorts starts covering @ 18 and hits $20 by the end of the day. Imagine opening up 10%, never know based on after hours activity it can happen.
    Notice how BB planned and slided this news just in last hour and before sammy release so shorts have less than hour to cover today and 2 days before Horizon order is annouced next week...not by name but just a partner purchase.
    I think that with the sheer number of shares shorted, there will be some covering but with the ER so soon, and typically stock drops after, the big boys may wait it out.
    03-13-13 11:57 PM
113,252 ... 363364365366367 ...