1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Loving this week. Nobody could come out with any negative news no more

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:17 PM
    Anyone catch this on FM, nice to see the are getting on the BB train.

'Suspicious' Activity in BlackBerry?: Najarian - CNBC
    03-13-13 06:17 PM
    This is a good humor.
    "On late Wensday, Blackberry disclosed that it has received 1 million Z10 phone order from one of established partners."
    In the evening of the same day, one major carrier announced that they dialed the wrong phone number for an order to be placed. The actual order was intended for the to be released Samgsung S4 phone.
    Acumenight and gregorylkelly like this.
    03-13-13 06:19 PM
    Speaking of charts...who has the chart for this forum, number of posts and number of pages of posts. Seems to me the pace is accelerating. We're already at 362 pages of posts and we just crossed 300 pages a few days ago.

What do we all this index? Superfly slope?
    Yes...was only a couple months ago SF got the 5000th post which took over a year and a half to reach...we are now over 9K
    03-13-13 06:20 PM
    This order wont be reflected in the earnings report on mar.28 right?
    03-13-13 06:21 PM
    Anyone catch this on FM, nice to see the are getting on the BB train.

'Suspicious' Activity in BlackBerry?: Najarian - CNBC
    "blackberry one of the hottest models" WoW I don't think my brain can handle much more positive news today
    03-13-13 06:21 PM
    Speaking of charts...who has the chart for this forum, number of posts and number of pages of posts. Seems to me the pace is accelerating. We're already at 362 pages of posts and we just crossed 300 pages a few days ago.

What do we all this index? Superfly slope?
    Well one month ago today we were on page 195 and post #4850. Here we are at page 362 and post #9050. That's quite the participation around here. Kudos to SuperFly for starting this awesome thread!!!
    03-13-13 06:22 PM
    Nope..... this one gets saved up for the June report. I'm ok with that. This upcoming one is going to be good on it's own.
    03-13-13 06:24 PM
    Well one month ago today we were on page 195 and post #4850. Here we are at page 362 and post #9050. That's quite the participation around here. Kudos to SuperFly for starting this awesome thread!!!
    Maybe he should be Fan of the Month or some other type recognition from at least Crackberry. Awesome would be to fly him to New York for a tour of the new office and the city.
    bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    03-13-13 06:33 PM
    Saw a new episode of the walking dead yesterday, that is how I envision shorts tomorrow morning.
    03-13-13 06:40 PM
    Saw a new episode of the walking dead yesterday, that is how I envision shorts tomorrow morning.
    .... mahhh shares, SHARES!
    03-13-13 06:41 PM
    Verizon Posts Hands on with the BlackBerry Z10 Demonstration Video

Verizon Posts Hands on with the BlackBerry Z10 Demonstration Video - BerryReview
    lcjr, bungaboy, Korepab and 2 others like this.
    03-13-13 06:41 PM

Verizon Posts Hands on with the BlackBerry Z10 Demonstration Video - BerryReview
    That was an awesome video!
    zyben likes this.
    03-13-13 06:49 PM

Dumb and Dumber - i like it a lot
    03-13-13 06:52 PM
    So, what's the odds of hitting $17 tomorrow at some point?
    03-13-13 06:56 PM
    one million dollar order might lead to upgrades soon
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    03-13-13 07:02 PM
    So, what's the odds of hitting $17 tomorrow at some point?
    I don't know how to calculate odds but I'm fairly sure that we will see that hit at some point. I don't know where we will close though.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:08 PM
    03-13-13 07:20 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/llB4Zd8.png

Thestreet.com bringing the funny.
    From a Winner to sell D+ to WINNER in 7 days. What cred.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-13-13 07:22 PM
    that's right, but nevertheless everybody knows about it and so it takes the pressure off mar 28
    03-13-13 07:24 PM
    It's fantastic news no matter who ordered that.

My hope is that it is a mass procurement contract for UK NHS... 1.7 million employees, and one of the few candidates. DOD would be nice too. But it seems like an odd time to do that during the sequester. Something that highlights the reliance on blackberry for security before public sales figures even come it would be stunning.

My bet is that it's a carrier. The roundness of the figure suggests to me that it was part of a deal. I.e. for a 1 million phone contract.... we'll grant you exclusive rights to the white model or something.
    Tinomane and zyben like this.
    03-13-13 07:25 PM
    Yes...was only a couple months ago SF got the 5000th post which took over a year and a half to reach...we are now over 9K
    Us Pantless Peeps are over 76K now! My new avatar is for nailing the 75K post. LoL
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    03-13-13 07:26 PM
    [QUOTE=lcjr;8120659]As much as I would love to think it was a government order, its not. The government doesn't buy that kind of bulk supply. Each Branch (Army, Airforce, etc..) within the DoD has large sub organizations within that have their own budget and purchase their own supplies (phones). My organization will buy new Blackberrys next year when the time to rotate comes, and we only buy for those authorized to have one (500 out of 3000).

I agree it can not be goverment as ONLY US and UK goverment is that size that will need 1millon units. It can not be US goverment either as the phone is not shipped officially unless goverments were testing these units long time ago. Govs do not buy bulk such as this because they must go thru lot of dance and redtape before they make the decision. Remember DoS currently own 470000 BBs. My guess is At&T or Verizon as UK carrier would have done long time ago..
    03-13-13 07:31 PM
    My bet is that it's a carrier. The roundness of the figure suggests to me that it was part of a deal. I.e. for a 1 million phone contract.... we'll grant you exclusive rights to the white model or something.
    I'm sure it's a carrier but I doubt it involved any such exclusive deal. I think the negotiations would have been more like "Hey, can we order a million phones?" and the answer was "Yep, thanks, and get in line."

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:35 PM
    People keep guessing where the 1 million single order came from. The key is that regardless where it came from, this is crazy good news.
    Case 1: if it came from a carier such as ATT and Verizon, it implies that the demand is unexpected high in USA market because no carrier in the world will stock more than 4 weeks' inventory from a single order. Let us use 1 millon as 4 weeks inventory for one carrier, then the projected monthly sale in USA will be more than 2.5 million Z10 (1M each for ATT and Verizon and .5M for TM and Spring).
    Case 2. if it came from a gov, then it means that the new Z10 fortified its strong ground in the enterprice space. So again, it is a great news.
    At this time, because this is a hard fact and data, the bashing analysts could not spin anymore.
    I predict 17% stock price increase tomorrow (at least at the IDH)
    I believe it's carrier order as it saw demand from business customers who want Z10 now.People keep forgetting and focusing to much on consumers but enterprises is what makes money for companies..for e.g. my business was dieing to get z10 to test and we got 5 units on the first day it was released in canada. Our account manager feeds this info to his mgr and so on..creates demand and decision at the higer level to order such big..
    03-13-13 07:40 PM
113,256 ... 361362363364365 ...