View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I imagine we are going very green. This is big news, and gave BBRY the kick it needed to truly excel after the gains monday. we could see 16.50 i think.

as for the Galaxy S4, I dont think it will be revolutionary in any way that surpasses the S3 without a $200 or $300 premium. (The iphone is the classic example). It could be like the Z10 launch, where there were no surprises and minimal flair, and it hurt the stock. If this happens, many people won't hold off on a new phone for it, and simply go to the Z10
    The facial recognition thing is about as exciting to me as the headphone jack bing moved to the bottom on the iPhone.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 04:19 PM
    Never underestimate your enemy though :P anything can happen. We have solid facts but we all know the bears still have the ability to take our baby down a bit even though I think otherwise. Have to think about the bad with the good as well

The one thing we have in our favour this time is the fact that the bears cannot manipulate the FACT that BB's largest ever 1 time order took place on the new product. I'm sure they will try to skirt the issue and find something else to bitc* about but I think they might be a tad screwed this time around.
    03-13-13 04:20 PM
    I have a hard time comparing the s4 to the z10.

The s4 is a hardware sale.

the z10 is a new piece of hardware coupled to a new, well thought out OS.

the value proposition is clear to me... but reason isn't always the determining factor in considering what the markets will do...
    03-13-13 04:21 PM
    Just dont jump the gun because of emotions, alot of times people think "oh I missed my chance" there are always other chances, if you miss this one another one will come but it takes time. If your into TA like the charts morgan provides it gives a pretty good idea of when drops will come and rises, although it's not correct 100% it gives a general view. Good luck my friend and make the greens!
    Eventually everyones last chance will have come and gone. That's why i don't care about charts. When people sell when TA says the stock topped and it keeps going up is when those same people will be the saddest. Why? All that "work" to buy and sell all the time could have resulted in the same gains by just sitting on ones *** and doing nothing.

I might sell a sliver of my holdings at $20+ just to cash out a little bit in order to break even if BBRY goes to zero. But the other 95% of my stock and otpions will be sat upon till atleast $40. I am willing to let my options go to $0. I am not that worried about it.

Just imagine what is going to happen if BBRY announces 2+ million in sell through last quarter when analysts are saying 600K-1000K. The stock will double at the open and short covering will be massive. Just saying ... what if. I'd hate to have sold the day prior because of TA.
    fedakd, duckJAI, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    03-13-13 04:22 PM
    The market is FORWARD looking. The SG4 is very very OLD OLD news. Very old.
    Remember how much the stock went down for BBRY on the January 30th with the launch of the Z10? Same with AAPL with the iPhone 5 announcement.. It's always cracked up to be much bigger than it really is, I predict that the Samsung stock goes down, as for BBRY, idk buy on rumors, sell on news. We'll see, but I have faith
    03-13-13 04:24 PM
    No trading advice but usually after a day with strong gains there will be a dip take monday for example. 15% gains followed by a drop, there will be profit taking or the bears will try to manipulate the news.
    True but I disagree for tomorrow..previsouly shorts were arrogant and did not cover as they kept saying that it is all rumors, etc. today it is officil from BB with hard facts so not much left them other cover their shorts and pants.. They will be stupid not to cover before ER as this will be last chance to cover in teens. They probably covered some in 13s..today was just retail covering..next few days/weeks can be big boys covering..they short bad and cover bad as it's not their money..
    03-13-13 04:27 PM
    hard to get any work done around here if you guys keep posting at this rate
    03-13-13 04:30 PM
    Just imagine what is going to happen if BBRY announces 2+ million in sell through last quarter
    I'll have whatever hallucinogen you're having.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-13-13 04:30 PM
    I have read through the comments but nobody mentioned the service revenue if this is USA Gov or Army as most people are assuming then that is another $10x10,00,000 = $10 million per month. Atleast that will itself pay for getting some top apps
    zyben likes this.
    03-13-13 04:32 PM
    Well, isn't that nice!! We are out of that 2-month old sym-triangle with a bang!

Here is all you need to know:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-13-2013-chart.jpg

We can stop looking at the triangle and focus on the upside now. The area of resistance is now $ 17.18/shr and the 52 week high. The rally that should come out of this pop is to test the 52 week high. Note, there is no resistance on the way to the first stop. So tomorrow could be a brilliant day, we should gap up, and head for resistance, in addition, there is the problem of the 147,000,000 shorts who will be looking at this rally, the 1,000,000 phone sale, the distance to the 52 high and wonder if they should wait any longer to hear from T Heins and Company on the 28th. I suspect they might be getting nervous now as this is real evidence that the Z10 is a winner.

Usually good news comes in multiples so expect to hear some great news to make their days miserable. I can't predict how it will open first thing tomorrow morning, I suspect you can buy it below $ 16.00/shr but if we get upgrades or anything positive to go along with this news prior to the market opening, then $ 16.00 will seem cheap. The bottom line is, we aren't likely to test the breakout tomorrow around $ 15.30/shr but if we do, this is normal and it should just bounce off that level and resume its climb. GL
    03-13-13 04:32 PM
    do they even discuss sell through numbers? i thought it was shipped that gets disclosed?
    03-13-13 04:33 PM
    I have read through the comments but nobody mentioned the service revenue if this is indeed USA Gov or Army as most people are assuming then that is another $10x10,00,000 = $10 million per month
    I am pretty certain it's a carrier as they said sold to one fo their partners. I gave your scenario some thought too but I just can't see it happening. If they announced a couple 100 thousand, then ya, for sure.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-13-13 04:34 PM
    I don't think any type of S4 release is going to hamper BBRY tomorrow.

A 1MM guaranteed purchase order is HUGE. This will increase their economies of scale, hence lower their production costs = more $$
    I agree with you completely, but the wild card is whether this is a carrier order or from a "Government" like Canada, if it is an end-user, there will be a huge Services Contract to go with it so that can make things far more interesting too. They have been promoting Services for months now. Now that would be nice!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 04:37 PM
    Agree about the shorts, I hate them as much as anyone here lol but the original question was if there will be a dip tomorrow and I believe there will be because of profit taking and possibly because of S4. I have a feeling it may end in the red tomorrow but continue the rally by friday. I hope im wrong and see a strong rally for last 2 trade days this week!

True but I disagree for tomorrow..previsouly shorts were arrogant and did not cover as they kept saying that it is all rumors, etc. today it is officil from BB with hard facts so not much left them other cover their shorts and pants.. They will be stupid not to cover before ER as this will be last chance to cover in teens. They probably covered some in 13s..today was just retail covering..next few days/weeks can be big boys covering..they short bad and cover bad as it's not their money..
    03-13-13 04:37 PM
    I agree with you completely, but the wild card is whether this is a carrier order or from a "Government" like Canada, if it is an end-user, there will be a huge Services Contract to go with it so that can make things far more interesting too. They have been promoting Services for months now. Now that would be nice!
    As much as I would love to think it was a government order, its not. The government doesn't buy that kind of bulk supply. Each Branch (Army, Airforce, etc..) within the DoD has large sub organizations within that have their own budget and purchase their own supplies (phones). My organization will buy new Blackberrys next year when the time to rotate comes, and we only buy for those authorized to have one (500 out of 3000).

Edit: At least within the US government, each government agency has subordinate organizations under them that manage their own budgets and supplies. Meaning, pick your agency, it won't order for everyone within it. The sub organizations or subordinate organizations will manage their own.
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-13-13 04:48 PM
    Well, looking at my Questrade account... Market price is still 16.04, however if I look at my account tab and view profit... The price states 16.45 No idea why, but damn, potential profit just got a huge boost.
    03-13-13 04:54 PM
    Wow, there is also a huge divergence signal in play on your chart Morganplus8. Just look at the MACD for the last 6 weeks and compare that with the stock price!

Very bullish signal.

Well, isn't that nice!! We are out of that 2-month old sym-triangle with a bang!

Here is all you need to know:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM March 13 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	141005

We can stop looking at the triangle and focus on the upside now. The area of resistance is now $ 17.18/shr and the 52 week high. The rally that should come out of this pop is to test the 52 week high. Note, there is no resistance on the way to the first stop. So tomorrow could be a brilliant day, we should gap up, and head for resistance, in addition, there is the problem of the 147,000,000 shorts who will be looking at this rally, the 1,000,000 phone sale, the distance to the 52 high and wonder if they should wait any longer to hear from T Heins and Company on the 28th. I suspect they might be getting nervous now as this is real evidence that the Z10 is a winner.

Usually good news comes in multiples so expect to hear some great news to make their days miserable. I can't predict how it will open first thing tomorrow morning, I suspect you can buy it below $ 16.00/shr but if we get upgrades or anything positive to go along with this news prior to the market opening, then $ 16.00 will seem cheap. The bottom line is, we aren't likely to test the breakout tomorrow around $ 15.30/shr but if we do, this is normal and it should just bounce off that level and resume its climb. GL
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 04:58 PM
    I'm putting my money on AT&T. With the pre-order happening yesterday they probably saw the volume and made an early call to do such a pre-order and forecast sales. The worst thing is to have no product of a new technological hit.

So with that assumption, what do you think other carriers will do? Verizon and T-MO etc.

I think we will have more news this week and next (since March 28th is Verizons launch date) and also next week with AT&T (I;m sure we will see some data from leaked AT&T sources)
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 04:58 PM
    As much as I would love to think it was a government order, its not. The government doesn't buy that kind of bulk supply. Each Branch (Army, Airforce, etc..) within the DoD has large sub organizations within that have their own budget and purchase their own supplies (phones). My organization will buy new Blackberrys next year when the time to rotate comes, and we only buy for those authorized to have one (500 out of 3000).
    I agree a million unit order has to be a carrier, for a end user to purchase that many units they would have to be a massive organization. by your figures 500 employees out of 3000 receiving blackberry hardware (16%) you would have to figure that 1 million units for 16% of employees means the total employee base would have to be about 6.25 Mill. 1 million units for a government contract (for a single division) seems a bit excessive if you ask me. as does 6.25 million employees for a single division ...i could very well be talking out of my @$$ here thought so take it with a grain of salt.
    03-13-13 05:02 PM
    Could it be ATT or Verizon?
    Either way, If ATT ordered 1 million then Verizon will be also in teh same range or vice versar.
    I think we all know who ordered those phones...

03-13-13 05:02 PM
    I'm thinking that order was Verizon.
    03-13-13 05:03 PM
    I'm thinking that order was Verizon.
    either vzw or att
    03-13-13 05:05 PM
    I am feeling pretty good about my forecast of 18-20 million unit sold over the next 4 quarters.
    03-13-13 05:06 PM
    I am kicking myself hard for selling at the beginning of the morning drop-off yesterday. I missed the last 2 or 3 dips, and I thought I was going to miss another one, so I sold ALL of my 710 shares (something I haven't done since last year). I am so pissed off about my move because I had decided to just let it sit and go long over the new year and got greedy yesterday. Now, I don't see this dropping below todays opening price for a long time (if ever). I am just going to take my loss and re-buy tomorrow sometime in the mid morning. If I buy for around $16, I will have lost close to $1,500 on my blunder.....
    03-13-13 05:08 PM
    The Canadian Government wouldn't order that many. They only have about 189,000 employees and that was before the cuts this past year and a half. I think it's one of the carriers in the US.
    03-13-13 05:08 PM
113,250 ... 359360361362363 ...