View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What a crazy end to the day. I was just about to pack it up and go back to my real job when the news broke. For all those people holding shorts, there are alot of analysts out there who have said Blackberry need only sell 1 million to break even this year. Will there be a bloodbath tomorrow?
    Would love to see some reports of that. If that is truly the case they are already profitable for the year?
    03-13-13 03:14 PM
    morgan how about that jump!!!!!

sold 6000 shares this morning so bummed about that but still holding 15000.

morgan what does your chart look like now : )
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-13-13 03:15 PM

White smoke...we have a NEW BLACKBERRY!!
    03-13-13 03:16 PM
    Too late man! I sold everything in all my portfolios and put it on BBRY! You guys should have talked me off the ledge sooner! I've already jumped...... Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!.

(just kidding. But I did double down on BBRY today with the remaining free cash in my account. Too much good news coming in the next few weeks and too much support from bulls to ignore.)
    YOU are one lucky Dude today. You don't have a Pot big enough for your money after this 1,000,000 to ONE CUSTOMER sales.

Beers are on you. LoL
    03-13-13 03:16 PM
    must of been some high fives in Waterloo today
    03-13-13 03:17 PM
    RELATED QUOTES
    Symbol Price Change
    BBRY 15.67 +1.20

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 13, 2013) - BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) announced today that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, with shipments starting immediately. This order marks the largest ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history.

"An order for one million devices is a tremendous vote of confidence in BlackBerry 10," said Rick Costanzo, EVP Global Sales, BlackBerry. "Consumers are ready for a new user experience, and BlackBerry 10 delivers. With strong partner support, coupled with this truly re-invented new platform, we have a powerful recipe for success."

BlackBerry unveiled the new BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones on January 30th. BlackBerry Z10 is now available for purchase in a number of markets around the world and will be available in the United States starting this month.

BlackBerry will be reporting results for its fourth quarter and year-end of fiscal 2013 on March 28, 2013. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-800-814-4859 or through your BlackBerry� 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet at Investor Events - Canada.

About BlackBerry

A global leader in wireless innovation, BlackBerry� revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. BlackBerry is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (BBRY) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (BB.TO). For more information, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.

Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend," "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by Research In Motion Limited (BlackBerry) in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that BlackBerry believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause BlackBerry's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of BlackBerry's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at Welcome to the SEDAR Web Site / Bienvenue au Site Web SEDAR or U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on BlackBerry's forward-looking statements. BlackBerry has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.

BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
    Media
    Krista Seggewiss
    BlackBerry Media Relations
    519-597-7273
    [email protected]

Investor
    BlackBerry Investor Relations
    519-888-7465
    [email protected]
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    If BBRY produced:

500K in December
    1.5 million in january
    2 million in February

And none of these 4 million phones went to USA warehouses (as alluded by the Verizon order announcment) .... how many sales were there last quarter? If tehy actually sold 4 million phones with 50% sell through, that would be insane. I know I must be missing something but seriously. If they only sold 800K phones, where the heck are the other 3.2 million?
    fedakd likes this.
    YOU are one lucky Dude today. Beers are on you. LoL
    Here you go..... beers all around......
    03-13-13 03:19 PM
    reading the amount of shares ppl are holding around here, I feel like a really small fish.. but then again, I am just a student.... (120 shares)
    03-13-13 03:21 PM
    If BBRY produced:

500K in December
    1.5 million in january
    2 million in February

And none of these 4 million phones went to USA warehouses (as alluded by the Verizon order announcment) .... how many sales were there last quarter? If tehy actually sold 4 million phones with 50% sell through, that would be insane. I know I must be missing something but seriously. If they only sold 800K phones, where the heck are the other 3.2 million?
    I am guessing 2 million reserved for US inventory.
    1 million sold in rest of the world (Canada, UK, Asia, Europe etc.)
    1 million sitting in the shelves to be sold over next month.
    03-13-13 03:21 PM
    nice timing too. just before sammy's parade of the giant jelly bean tomorrow!!

Woot, Woot!
    Just what I was thinking! What a way to slam dunk a SamDung!
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    03-13-13 03:25 PM
    reading the amount of shares ppl are holding around here, I feel like a really small fish.. but then again, I am just a student.... (120 shares)
    We were all small fish at one time. (I'm not much bigger than a trout myself) The most important thing for you now is to learn. Don't get too focused on the market. Take your time - that is the one thing you have on your side! Some of us wish we were in your shoes (go back in time) and start earlier than we did - so don't be jealous of old people with lots of money - you have something more valuable - lots of TIME!
    03-13-13 03:26 PM
    If they only sold 800K phones, where the heck are the other 3.2 million?
    Somewhere in Russia?
    03-13-13 03:28 PM
    Maybe im the smallest fish at 45 shares

LOL my first ever stock purchase didn't go so well lost maybe 70% but had to get into Blackberry
    StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    Just what I was thinking! What a way to slam dunk a SamDung!
    "Hi, I'll take the old OS with the back/home button and the 8 core overheating processor please"....I don't think so.
    bungaboy likes this.
    No time to read plane crew yelling at BBMed 1million sold 1 carrier YAY!

Is that a $16, again?
    Glad to count you in, gang!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 03:30 PM
    BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) announced today that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, with shipments starting immediately. This order marks the largest ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history.
    I highlighted the key words here. As I said, the historic peak sales of BB phone is about 7.5 million handset/Q.
    Based on this larger order than historic purchase order, will it be safe to say that Blackberry can sell at least 7.5 million Z10 + Q10 (Q10 is not available yet) next quarter?
    Again, if they doe sell 7.5 millon Z10, will it be safe to say that the quartely EP will be more than $3/share?
    Again, if they can make $3 earning per quarter, will it be safe to say that they can make $12 EPS?
    Again, if they make $12 EPS, will it be safe to say that the stock price will be at least $120?
    Again, if the stock reaches $120, will it be safe to say that the historic short squeeze will be on?
    Again....
    StormieTwo, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    Obama must have gotten pissed off with all the hacking going on that he mandated BB10 for all gov't. employees. No more BYOD!

Maybe...just maybe.
    Actually I was reading last night that President Obama called Business Leaders into the White House to discuss this.
    What a day!
    Whatsapp released and an announcemnt that Verizon order 1 million phones.
    Do you have a source confirming the partner was Verizon?
    BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) announced today that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, with shipments starting immediately. This order marks the largest ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history.
    I highlighted the key words here. As I said, the historic peak sales of BB phone is about 7.5 million handset/Q.
    Based on this larger order than historic purchase order, will it be safe to say that Blackberry can sell at least 7.5 million Z10 + Q10 (Q10 is not available yet) next quarter?
    Again, if they doe sell 7.5 millon Z10, will it be safe to say that the quartely EP will be more than $3/share?
    Again, if they can make $3 earning per quarter, will it be safe to say that they can make $12 EPS?
    Again, if they make $12 EPS, will it be safe to say that the stock price will be at least $120?
    Again, if the stock reaches $120, will it be safe to say that the historic short squeeze will be on?
    Again....
    Maybe 4X earning to start...but I like your thinking
    03-13-13 03:33 PM
    will this stock keep rallying up tomorrow? or will it be hit due to s4 aanouncement..wondering whether to sell now and maybe take some profits
    My not-investment-advise hunches: we'll see TMO give a march release date tomorrow or Friday. We'll also probably see Skype released this week. And we'll get an analyst upgrade or two by Friday.

If those things are true, $17s are in easy reach, possibly a bit more.

Not saying it will hold those numbers, but I think we'll get there this week.
    03-13-13 03:34 PM
    I was just waiting for the end of the day
    Should have used the Frankfurt EOD I guess. Who would know. Don't take it badly. Buy now because it is "movin' on up" Weezie.
    03-13-13 03:34 PM
    I was there myself a few years ago, now ive got a small portfolio
    03-13-13 03:39 PM
    Well that was sure a fun ride for the end of the day. Anyone have the real time quote for the TSX so I know what it finished at?
    $16.04
    03-13-13 03:40 PM
113,256 ... 356357358359360 ...