View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Trying to decide if you should sell at 18$ or 140$? Expect this to come truth March 27th, 2014 at end of day trading.... you're welcome!
    Well, not quite. lol. I'm still selling around $18-$19 and will buy back in on a dip, then hold on for the long run. To keep me occupied I'll play with my other stocks.
    stevenson232 likes this.
    03-13-13 10:13 AM
    Well, not quite. lol. I'm still selling around $18-$19 and will buy back in on a dip, then hold on for the long run. To keep me occupied I'll play with my other stocks.
    While I have never done this before (sold at high, re-bought at low). I always chicken out (thinking I might miss the big short squeeze). But this time, I am going to sell 50% when it crosses $18. And then re-purchase when it dips to $15.75 to $16.1 ish (If past is any indication, I know it might dip a lot more, $16 might not be absolute bottom but what if it bounces back again? I am still increasing # of shares, so I'll just take that).

My original plan was to hold until Jan 2014 (and I am hoping price would be $75+ at that time). So, I am going to continue to hold bulk of my stocks until at-least Jan 2014 (until something absolutely horrible happens)
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 10:17 AM
    Lets have a vote
    DudeBB is your favorite troll of all time
    Like if you agree
    Thank if you disagree
    03-13-13 10:18 AM
    That's about my plan as well. I learned with my other stocks that I have to have a plan and stick to it or I'll never execute because I'm always waiting for the perfect time (which I always missed). So, I may miss a few cents to a few dollars when I execute the sell, but I will have sold and made money none the less. Then I will buy in again as I closely watch the dip, not too concerned about perfect timing as this will be for the long run anyways. Is this a perfect plan? No, but it works for me with this and my other two stocks.
    03-13-13 10:21 AM
    Lets have a vote
    DudeBB is your favorite troll of all time
    Like if you agree
    Thank if you disagree
    Now that's a sure fire way to gather Likes and Thanks for stats!! Well played Sir, well played.
    DragonFlyer, bungaboy and q649 like this.
    03-13-13 10:24 AM
    It is dead today. It goes nowhere. No trading today.
    So you're not making money on your short play today?

Btw how are the gas prices in Krasnoyarsk?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 10:31 AM
    And this was before the software update that resolved some Z10 camera "issues".
    03-13-13 10:43 AM
    Trying to decide if you should sell at 18$ or 140$? Expect this to come truth March 27th, 2014 at end of day trading.... you're welcome!
    if the stock increase 10% every month from now on, it would take until March 2015 to get back to the 140 level. At a much more reasonable rate of $1.70 / month (or an average of 5% /month) it would only get to ~$60 by then. Looking back, it hit the high in 2008 and the low in 2012 so I'd guess you are looking at 2016 for the $140/shr level. These are all just straight line projections.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-13-13 10:44 AM
    "Several orders of magnitude" Really?!
    It's a little known fact that financial pundits have no idea what "an order of magnitude" actually means.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    03-13-13 10:44 AM
    "Regarding speculation that resurfaced Monday as to whether Lenovo (0992HK) might buy BlackBerry (BBRY), Bloomberg staff this morning write that the company has stated �there is not and has not been any specific evaluation or activity underway regarding BlackBerry.�

Speaking of BlackBerry, analyst Paul Peterson with boutique research firm BlueFin this morning writes that it �appears that management is confident that the BB10 launches will be an unqualified success� given order patterns to parts suppliers for the recently introduced Z10 handset, which show a �significant surge in orders in the past 30 days.�

�Our checks indicate that some suppliers are seeing 6-month order coverage that is several orders of magnitude larger than the previous 6 months, with some suppliers believing that they can get back to 2011 revenue levels if the present forecast levels hold ."

This Morning: SilverSpring Soars, BBRY �Aggressive� Component Orders - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 10:48 AM
    It's a little known fact that financial pundits have no idea what "an order of magnitude" actually means.
    Yeah, I guess if they tripled their orders (to account for Q10 coming out and maybe a slider in development or more playbooks) that would be 3 orders of magnitude to them. Hahaha.
    03-13-13 10:48 AM
    Errrr . . . . . a whole bunch? LoL
    03-13-13 10:50 AM
    Errrr . . . . . a whole bunch? LoL
    A but* load...
    03-13-13 10:51 AM
    Now that's a sure fire way to gather Likes and Thanks for stats!! Well played Sir, well played.
    OK, my turn. Let's have a vote:

Like if your Short BlackBerry (want the stock to decrease in value)
    Thank if your Long Blackberry (want the stock to increase in value)

Both if you're thread lurking.
    03-13-13 10:55 AM
    What if you want the stock to drop to single digits because you are long and want to increase your position??? If this describes you then please like.
    03-13-13 11:04 AM
    What are the chances this stock will reach to old $140 tag? If this is a possibility, when would this be expected?
    Under several scenaria, it is not only possible to reach $140 but pass that price target.
    Let us start with the data we already know:
    1. The parts order in the past 30 days increased by serveral order of mangnitude. I think the words "serveral order of mangitude" was typo because it would mean that the parts oder would be increased at least 100 times (two order of mangnitude). It may mean "Several times".
    But the news did give as the best hint that the parts order was close to taht in 2011 in which Blackberry sold about 14.6 million handsets / Q.
    So let us assume that starting the next Q, we can sell around 12 million Z10 + Q10. (Reasonable assumption?)
    2. We know that the BB7 phone will continue sales in the emerging markets. With the overal market size increase while negatively affected by Z10 sale, here , let us assume that the sale will stay the same as last Q. It means that theBBM subscriber base will remain intacted also so as the service revenue.
    3. The addtional 12 million Z10+Q10 sales/Q will give the company net profit increase (before tax) about 2.4 billions ($200/phone). WIth the addtional net income, the net profit before tax and after tax is about 1.8 and 1.37 billion/Q, which gives 10.3 EPS in the coming year.
    Depending on the EPS multipler, the stock shall be traded between $100 to $150.

Now, let us take a look on an more optimistic case based on the market share data and projection.
    Based on soem known data: a) In less than 1.5 month, 2 million Z10 have been sold in Candana alone (from seak alpha); b) more than 1 billion smartphone will be sold in the year 2013.
    Canada smartphone market is about 10 million/year, with above data, if BB 10 continue to make the buzz, it is safe to day that BB10 will take about 35% market shares this year.
    If we assume that the rest of the market is only as good as half of the Canada market, then in the coming year, BB10 will take about 15% market shares or equalvent to 150 million handset/year.
    At this point, then anyone may guess what the stock price will be :-)
    StormieTwo and lcjr like this.
    03-13-13 11:18 AM
    Respectfully, asking the shares to increase 10 fold and get the kind of market share gains and EPS you think will happen is next to impossible. We can all hope for it, but it extremely unlikely.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-13-13 11:26 AM
    Already sold out on best buy reward zone?

https://rewardzonemobile.com/category/devices
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 11:27 AM
    Already sold out on best buy reward zone?

https://rewardzonemobile.com/category/devices
    WOW!! That's fantastic. I do wonder, however, how many they had been alotted to sell.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-13-13 11:32 AM
    Respectfully, asking the shares to increase 10 fold and get the kind of market share gains and EPS you think will happen is next to impossible. We can all hope for it, but it extremely unlikely.
    So you're saying it's not impossible?
    StormieTwo and Marc_Paradise like this.
    03-13-13 11:33 AM
    WOW!! That's fantastic. I do wonder, however, how many they had been alotted to sell.
    Exactly. Also, I only see that its "out of stock" and not "sold out". Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
    03-13-13 11:43 AM
    Does at&t have live chat? I wonder if someone with an at&t account can talk with a live representative and see what they say when you try to pre-order a z10.....
    03-13-13 11:43 AM
    Exactly. Also, I only see that its "out of stock" and not "sold out". Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
    Interestingly enough, I just checked the link again and it no longer says out of stock.
    03-13-13 11:46 AM
    Rumors are flying already that AT&T has had overwhelming demand for the Z10.
    03-13-13 11:46 AM
    Check out this thread. I really hope this is true.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...lready-781317/
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 11:49 AM
113,256 ... 349350351352353 ...