View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/03/prem-watsa-loses-130m-on-research-in-motion-ltd-bbry/

And the hit pieces start again.

Prem Watsa's book value may be $130 million lower than current market value, but he also owns almost 52 million shares of the company. If the stock pops up to $19.50 after the ER, it he'll be up $130 million. He stands to make an incredible amount of money if BBRY completes a turnaround.

The author's name is Paul Shea, his email address is [email protected]. We should spam the **** out of this guy for misleading article titles.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-12-13 10:29 AM
    And the hit pieces start again.
    Meh, it wasn't that bad. I could see the silver lining quite clearly in that piece.
    03-12-13 10:32 AM
    Ok I'm having a hard time reading what CNBC is up to today. BBRY is all over their morning show (Misek reiterating what he did on BNN yesterday + lots more) and they've set up for continued comment on the AT&T launch at a "large" retail store. But the store is in Palo Alto. That's Apple's home turf (Cuppertino is right next door).

Will this broadcast prove boom or bust? Will be interesting to see how it goes and the spin they'll put on either result regardless.
    03-12-13 10:33 AM
    Nice trade today, we hit my resistance and failed to break through it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-12-2013-chart.jpg

We dropped back to the 50-dma right away and now we should base out and get ready to climb again. When you fail at resistance, you reverse and drop back to support and try again. We are hopefully going to base out down here giving you all day to buy stock. Then we should regain some losses and set ourselves up for another run at that downtrend line again. For some reason, the stock doesn't like the $ 15.30 area. The bears had to do something to hold this back and they are doing fine "for now".
    03-12-13 10:33 AM
    Ok I'm having a hard time reading what CNBC is up to today. BBRY is all over their morning show (Misek reiterating what he did on BNN yesterday + lots more) and they've set up for continued comment on the AT&T launch at a "large" retail store. But the store is in Palo Alto. That's Apple's home turf (Cuppertino is right next door).

Will this broadcast prove boom or bust? Will be interesting to see how it goes and the spin they'll put on either result regardless.
    Well, if that ain't herding sheep . . . . .
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-12-13 10:43 AM
    I can never see China/Lenovo being allowed to buy Blackberry. It would decimate the feeling of security and people would leave quicker than they could count them!
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-12-13 10:49 AM
    I can never see China/Lenovo being allowed to buy Blackberry. It would decimate the feeling of security and people would leave quicker than they could count them!
    They could license the OS and flood the enterprise market with the platform. Worked for IBM and Microsoft, don't see why it wouldn't work for BBRY and Lenovo.
    spike12 likes this.
    03-12-13 10:51 AM
    Hello all,

This is great thread and I've been reading it for the past couple of months and this is my first post. I'm using Scotia iTrade to trade shares, I own about 500 shares at any given time (only 300 now because I sold yesterday and waiting to get back in at $14.25). Problem is, Scotia charges $25 per trade, which is ridiculous. I'm looking to switch to QuesTrade, and was wondering if anyone here uses it/ knows anything about it.
    03-12-13 10:54 AM
    Lenovo is the old IBM Think Pad... the irony.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:54 AM
    Hello all,

This is great thread and I've been reading it for the past couple of months and this is my first post. I'm using Scotia iTrade to trade shares, I own about 500 shares at any given time (only 300 now because I sold yesterday and waiting to get back in at $14.25). Problem is, Scotia charges $25 per trade, which is ridiculous. I'm looking to switch to QuesTrade, and was wondering if anyone here uses it/ knows anything about it.
    I use QuesTrade and it's pretty good. If you give me your email address, I can send you a referral link. This way, you'd get some free trades and so will I.
    MasterMoe likes this.
    03-12-13 10:57 AM
    Bulls seem to be moving again.

Nvm, just a hiccup.
    ophjacks45 likes this.
    03-12-13 10:57 AM
    Hello all,

It is only $5/trade TDAmeritrade charging me. Anyone has cheeper commision rate here?
    03-12-13 10:58 AM
    Bloomberg is doing a piece on BlackBerry options trades on their lunch hour show.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:03 AM
    To see it will help anyone here.

The way to beat the shorts who manipulate the stock price
    (I wrote this on 3/5/13 for the BBRY stock discussion board)

Note: The following method will only be recommended for the people with following characters:

1. You must be a true believer for the product and the future of the company
    2. You know that the current stock price is way undervalued and is artificially manipulated by the shorts
    3. You have minimum $50K cash that could be used.
    4. You already have your core shares in holding for long term appreciations.
    If you qualify with all above, then we can make the shorts work for us and beat tham on each manipulation with following method:

1. Divide your available cash into 10 equal amount (say 50K total and ten $5K each)
    2.Pick up the first entry price line (say like today, at 12.80) which you will buy.
    3. When the price pushed down to or under the buy price, buy the first $5K worth shares.
    4. After that, if the stock goes down another 5%, then buy another $5K worth shares, and etc.
    5. If the stock goes up more than 10% above your last $5K purchasing, then sell the shares and lock the 10% gain. If the price goes up another 10%, then sell the another $5K shares, and etc.

In this way, we always bougth the shares from the shorts at low and sold them back to shorts at high.
    Every time the shorts manipulate the stock, they work for you to make money.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 03-12-13 at 11:43 AM.
    BlackistheBerry and m0de25 like this.
    03-12-13 11:04 AM
    RBC Direct is 9.95 / 28.95 and only web based. Good enough for me but no good for day trading, or small infrequent trades.
    03-12-13 11:05 AM
    Sure, sounds great, thanks!

I use QuesTrade and it's pretty good. If you give me your email address, I can send you a referral link. This way, you'd get some free trades and so will I.
    03-12-13 11:06 AM
    I use options house, and that's 3.95 a trade
    03-12-13 11:49 AM
    Looks like we are due for the afternoon push. I stepped away for a while, as many did from here it seems, and came back to a nice surprise. Still down from yesterday but up from where we were and pushing forward.
    03-12-13 11:51 AM
    Bloomberg is doing a piece on BlackBerry options trades on their lunch hour show.

Posted via CB10
    Well that was a waste of time...run a straddle.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:52 AM
    Nice trade today, we hit my resistance and failed to break through it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM March 12 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	140706

We dropped back to the 50-dma right away and now we should base out and get ready to climb again. When you fail at resistance, you reverse and drop back to support and try again. We are hopefully going to base out down here giving you all day to buy stock. Then we should regain some losses and set ourselves up for another run at that downtrend line again. For some reason, the stock doesn't like the $ 15.30 area. The bears had to do something to hold this back and they are doing fine "for now".
    For me, it look like that the new up trend just started three trading days ago. Both the day number and the up trend high price platuea are far from completed yet. In other words, we are still in the up trend and today is just a little dip on the up trend. So it is a good opportunity to buy.
    AM I right?
    03-12-13 11:53 AM
    So tempted to play these swings. Would have loved to have sold at 15.80 and bought back and 14.43
    03-12-13 11:57 AM
    For me, it look like that the new up trend just started three trading days ago. Both the day number and the up trend high price platuea are far from completed yet. In other words, we are still in the up trend and today is just a little dip on the up trend. So it is a good opportunity to buy.
    AM I right?
    We are actually completing the sym-triangle that started to form weeks ago. We need to take out that downtrend line and the rest is history. The stock is also finishing its 5th leg of this triangle which is the last one before it pops. All things point to us going to new 52 week highs this month. If we had driven above the $ 15.30/shr and held this morning, we would have been into a huge rally, the bears know that. It will fall, it will just take a bit longer. The 50-dma is our support now and the 5-dma is rising fast. All systems are go from here. We could take several days to break through that downtrend line as the bears are going to defend it hard.
    03-12-13 12:02 PM

I suppose like good old anti-competitive Americans, they are planning to crush BBRY...
    altrax likes this.
    03-12-13 12:07 PM
    We are actually completing the sym-triangle that started to form weeks ago. We need to take out that downtrend line and the rest is history. The stock is also finishing its 5th leg of this triangle which is the last one before it pops. All things point to us going to new 52 week highs this month. If we had driven above the $ 15.30/shr and held this morning, we would have been into a huge rally, the bears know that. It will fall, it will just take a bit longer. The 50-dma is our support now and the 5-dma is rising fast. All systems are go from here. We could take several days to break through that downtrend line as the bears are going to defend it hard.
    If I understood correctly, as long as we hold the price above the 50-dma line, the stock will continue its up trend. The only thing matters the time.
    Thank you for answer my question.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-13 12:09 PM
    So tempted to play these swings. Would have loved to have sold at 15.80 and bought back and 14.43
    Who wouldn't?
    But, please, do remember the power is not yet in your hands. Until the stock quits the very volatile state, fees and RT delay can smash us like flies.
    Hopefully in a few months waggle magnitude will be smaller and then we may try some cautious moves.
    To be clearer, I'm taking about buying low and sell high (day trading), not deciding to raise or lower your position.

Edit : as usual, this is IMHO only, as I'm not a qualified trading advisor, at all!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 12:13 PM
113,256 ... 342343344345346 ...