View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-11-13 03:47 PM
    There might be less shorts after today. No doubt some covered.
    I think your reasoning is correct. After today, things have now changed.
    03-11-13 03:50 PM
    RSI closed today at 57.64 on TSX...this is good...really good!!
    03-11-13 03:50 PM
    What is this I am hearing about another take-over rumour? Anyone got any info?
    03-11-13 03:52 PM

Ah, Brian Bennett again. He's not that bad, not as bad as others were bashing Blackberry. Pay attention here as these analysts will start preaching Blackberry all of the sudden.
    03-11-13 03:54 PM
    What is this I am hearing about another take-over rumour? Anyone got any info?
    It's the same rehashed Lenovo stuff - he just said more clearly what he originally said in Feb. Nothing serious.
    03-11-13 03:54 PM
    Only big fear, now, is BB having enough units to have a decent USA intro. That and some tweaks to their OS! Unless there is some kind of bad news between now and the USA intro, I think BBRY will keep gaining.

But keep those stop orders updated several times a day, if needed, that is unless you can sit and watch the market all day. I do not have that luxury and work!
    03-11-13 03:56 PM
    I don't see anybody taking over anything until BBRY delivers these devices on their plan this year. Maybe then, maybe, they will start looking at getting out of the device business and focus solely on software.
    03-11-13 03:57 PM
    i personally see this stock getting up to $18 before the earnings report. Hype and rumors help push a stock upwards, and today was an example of some good news coming out to back BBRY.

once verizon, sprint, and others confirm dates and pre-orders we could see another 10% gain this week.
    03-11-13 03:58 PM
    Only big fear, now, is BB having enough units to have a decent USA intro. That and some tweaks to their OS! Unless there is some kind of bad news between now and the USA intro, I think BBRY will keep gaining.

But keep those stop orders updated several times a day, if needed, that is unless you can sit and watch the market all day. I do not have that luxury and work!

Let us hope they learned from the past and have prepared for this launch.
    03-11-13 03:59 PM
    i personally see this stock getting up to $18 before the earnings report. Hype and rumors help push a stock upwards, and today was an example of some good news coming out to back BBRY.

once verizon, sprint, and others confirm dates and pre-orders we could see another 10% gain this week.
    Even though this is speculation, you made me feel good right now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 04:00 PM
    Tis the age of the bullshotters.
    03-11-13 04:05 PM

Nah, don't bother with em. They only propel the speed at which the stock price falls when the bears come raiding. Otherwise you have to constantly watch the stock.
    03-11-13 04:08 PM
    The thing I worry about is the ER. Shorts may use every once they have left in them to pounce on any negative news on the ER and try to push down the stock.
    03-11-13 04:09 PM

I agree and also believe it will plummet by $3-4 dollars post earnings release; unless the results are spectacular. Without any US sales to include, the hack analysts or short-dogs will come up with some bullshot to drive it down.
    03-11-13 04:13 PM
    The thing I worry about is the ER. Shorts may use every once they have left in them to pounce on any negative news on the ER and try to push down the stock.
    Exactly. Just like December.
    03-11-13 04:14 PM
    Even though this is speculation, you made me feel good right now.
    that's all anyone is doing (albeit some in greater detail with charts and analysis and an education in the topic)

it was that high only 2 months ago before the release day, and there is no reason to say that this roll-out has been unsuccessful in any way that the stock should not approach those levels again in preparation for earnings and solid numbers
    03-11-13 04:16 PM
    Lots of time between now and the reports, as we only have 11 March today.
    03-11-13 04:18 PM
    This shows how the Bollinger bad expanded today but what I like is the positive line cross of the MACD on the bottom...some agree some don't that when this moves positive all cylinders are engaged on the buying bus...guess we see tomorrow:The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-today.png
    03-11-13 04:21 PM
    IMHO, today's SP increases was mainly due to the reconfirmation of the buy-out "Rumour" by Lenovo CEO while the ATT news added a little fuel on it. By today's comments from Lenovo CEO, both the bulls and bears know that the bottom SP will be above $10/share and anything less than $10, Lenovo will immediately make an offer with about 50% premium, which will be around $15/share.
    In next three weeks, there are two possible nightmares for the shorts:
    1) ATT releases that pre-order number is 1.5 time better than any previous BB phone launch with the carrier and more than 65% of the sales are from other platforms.
    In this case, the SP will jump more than 25% and reach $19 range.
    2) On March 28, if BBRY announces Q earning and forward outlook much better than current street view (for this I am 100% sure), then the share price will jump another 20~40% depending on how much over the expection.
    With both 1 and 2, then the game for the shorts will be over forever because they are unable to tolerate more than 100% loss in their short positions.
    After that, the actual SP will be traded around the projected future earnings.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 04:23 PM
    Oh man, karma today. Stock rallies up to the sky and I burn my finger pretty badly that I had to go to a clinic to get some flamazine to put on the burn.. In pain now! lol. On the other hand, my stocks are feeling fine!

Updated the short interest charts. The short increased and the stock price decreased. It seems like every time someone shorts it, the stock drops by a lot. Reason? Because the float is relatively small compared to the number of shorters. It doesn't mean that there is a sudden change of heart in the stock from day to day. Quite the opposite of that. Because so many people are long, and don't trade their stocks. The remaining small float, magnifies the ups and down. If there aren't many buyers, someone shorting the stock and bring it down really quickly. At the same time, if someone is buying or covering and there aren't many sellers, the stock can skyrocket. Kind of like it did today, even on very little news.

I like where these numbers are going. Only sets us up for a larger rally. Though you do need to keep in mind that the end of the day, the price will always tend towards "projected" fair market value.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry1.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry2.png  
    03-11-13 04:25 PM
    15 in after hours!
    kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 04:25 PM
    Exactly. Just like December.
    Yeah, and then what? Shorts have to cover at some point or another. They're only going to be setting themselves for a major short squeeze if things go well. Or, if things don't go well, then they win. But what they do to the stock doesn't directly affect BlackBerry's success. (at least not really)
    03-11-13 04:31 PM
    Gang, you need to know that this is a very impressive rally here, we took out a key resistance level at the 50-dma, we then took out an overhead resistance level at $ 14.83/shr and we took out a "down trend line" from the 52 week highs so we are in a terrific rally here. We have one more small target that needs to fall, it's the resistance we met last time at $ 15.30/shr, we also need to see follow through on this rally so tomorrow is the perfect time to do it all. Let's look to gap up, trade through the $ 15.30 level, make new highs all day and again, close near the highs. I think we could close the week having made 52 highs at one point, that's the potential here.

This is a major brea-kout for the stock, we are targeting $ 22.00/shr and if those numbers are good on earnings day, we hit that. The short position is still uncovered, no one believes this rally can last, they aren't covering now, but if earnings place us close to break-even on EPS, and cash is strong, the shorts will be forced to step in. Misek was on BNN.com just after 4:30 PM if you want his latest take. He and a couple of others will be raising their targets to $ 23 - $ 25 on EPS day and that's how we hit and hold the $ 20.00 mark with some over shoot on the rally. Things are really coming together here, let's get over $ 15.30 and hold it tomorrow.
    03-11-13 04:39 PM
    Well, no bears tonight...CNBC did a great bit of positive cover on BBRY today.
    03-11-13 04:43 PM
113,256 ... 335336337338339 ...