View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sold at 14.82.. going to buy back in tomorrow hopefully on a pull back.... fingers crossed
    Hope this works out. Eventually, it wont and you'll regret it.
    03-11-13 02:33 PM
    Nice little clip here:

From a technical perspective, BBRY is skyrocketing higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $14.08 with strong upside volume. This move has also pushed shares of BBRY into breakout territory, since the stock has cleared some near-term overhead resistance at $13.79. Shares of BBRY are now quickly moving within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit if BBRY manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $15 to $15.49 with high volume.

Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BBRY as long as it’s trending above its 50-day at $14.08, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 62.22 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then RIMM will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $17.22 to $18.32. Any move above $18.32 will then push shares of BBRY into new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action.

To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr.

-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-11-13 02:35 PM
    He's loaded. He can buy in right now and when it goes up 3 cents he makes a cool million.
    03-11-13 02:36 PM
    Greg,

I'm curious why you bought shares; it seems from your recent posts that you are negative on BB's prospects overall. I can understand if you're making a short term trade, more power to you, but it seems a bit odd to me.
    It is nothing personal, it is about making money. I still have my doubts about their long term ability to pull themselves back into relevance. I will always love Blackberry but I have learned to not mix emotions with making money. The next few months are critical to the existence of Blackberry as we know it.

There will be a little profit taking between now and close but I will stay in unless it bumps my stop. Tomorrow can be good, too! Only way to know is when it is tomorrow.
    03-11-13 02:37 PM
    Wow...almost 96 million shares traded between the two markets...thats almost 7X AAPL
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 02:37 PM
    You may call the Feb remark by Lenovo CFO as rumour because it just said that Lenovo was looking for possible aquisition oversee such as RIM.
    But today's comment by Lenovo's CEO has more definite intension for such a deal, which in my dictionary, is more than just "Rumour". See the comment from CEO:

Lenovo�s Yang Yuanqing told the Les Echos paper that a deal with Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry �could possibly make sense, but first I need to analyze the market and understand what exactly the importance of this company is.�

As a stockholder for the long sucess of BBRY, do I really like the company being sold? Heck NO!
    However, this comment lays down the bottom price of this stock so the current longs cannot be scared by the short bashing anymore.
    In this sence, it is more important then the ATT release "News", which I really can careless.
    Assuming the translation is accurate, there is a key phrase: "could possibly make sense" - a very general statement that means nothing. This amounts to no more news than we get in February - back then they said they're looking at multiple targets and will do what makes sense. This is the same.

It could be that it's affecting the price, but I'd hope not at this point.
    03-11-13 02:39 PM
    It is nothing personal, it is about making money. I still have my doubts about their long term ability to pull themselves back into relevance. I will always love Blackberry but I have learned to not mix emotions with making money. The next few months are critical to the existence of Blackberry as we know it.
    Hey, I'm with you on that one. I still plan on selling when it get above $18. It will dip again and I'll probably dive in again. hahaha. Been doing this a while now and it works out.
    03-11-13 02:39 PM
    BB.TO reporting at $15.30
    03-11-13 02:40 PM
    I wish I had done it at 18$ 6 weeks ago lol... but the window is closing, I know.
    03-11-13 02:42 PM
    BB.TO reporting at $15.30
    ???? Explain??
    03-11-13 02:43 PM
    Hey, I'm with you on that one. I still plan on selling when it get above $18. It will dip again and I'll probably dive in again. hahaha. Been doing this a while now and it works out.
    Just place a stop for safety and adjust accordingly during the day. Most the time, with a little luck, it has worked for me, too!
    lcjr likes this.
    ???? Explain??
    Erm, I'm looking at this RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED Share Price | BB.TO- Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance, unless I'm doing something wrong?
    lcjr likes this.
    03-11-13 02:44 PM
    Erm, I'm looking at this RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED Share Price | BB.TO- Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance, unless I'm doing something wrong?
    Yes..it hit that but your watching a delayed feed...it dropped a bit..now at 15.22 but climbing again.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 02:46 PM
    Nope, you're good. All TSE feeds are delayed by 15 mins.
    03-11-13 02:47 PM
    Yes..it hit that but your watching a delayed feed...it dropped a bit..now at 15.22 but climbing again.
    Lol, no I posted immediately after it reported at $15.30, my feed is constantly updating. If you look at the "Days Range", it went up to $15.32.

Sorry for the confusion.
    03-11-13 02:48 PM
    Nope, you're good. All TSE feeds are delayed by 15 mins.
    Thanks, Mango.
    03-11-13 02:49 PM
    I still consider it a very good sign, at this time of the day, for BBRY to be holding it's own.

Looks like most are staying in rather than taking profit.

It has been a nice day.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-11-13 02:50 PM
    Now a question for Morgan. We hit the 14.83 you called for. What is the reasoning behind this particular number?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 02:59 PM
    I will never doubt Morganplus8 again!
    I will drink the blackberry flavoured kool-aid (and mix it with beer)!

Guys, we are onto a big rally here, we took out the 5-dma and the 50-dma as planned, we need to break above the $ 14.83/shr mark to call this a screaming bull run. Watch that number. There is little likelihood that we will test the 50-dma here, its possible, but I don't think it is necessary. The real target is $ 14.83 and we should waste little time getting there.The volume is terrific, the trend is up to the top of the sym-triangle now and it will fall. As i suggested, we needed to hear that the phone wasn't going to be delayed in America. We have bonus news to go with that but big money had to push out the chart pattern until they knew the phone would launch. There is nothing that Samsung can say that will steal business away from this great product. Two different animals here. Let's see them take it to a new high today.
    I still consider it a very good sign, at this time of the day, for BBRY to be holding it's own.

Looks like most are staying in rather than taking profit.

It has been a nice day.
    Yip. For sure.
    Who knows, I might consider staying in until the June reports. I'm assuming the stock will be at a higher point than $18 then. Just speculation mind you.
    03-11-13 03:01 PM
    Great day people, thanks for watching. TUNE IN TMR
    Now a question for Morgan. We hit the 14.83 you called for. What is the reasoning behind this particular number?
    so we can call it a screaming bull run!
    Once we reach near the top of the channel sell some because you know it will fall a bit giving you chances to take profits and the top channel and get back in for more "monaiii"

Who knows, I might consider staying in until the June reports. I'm assuming the stock will be at a higher point than $18 then. Just speculation mind you.
    03-11-13 03:02 PM
113,256 ... 333334335336337 ...