View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes, that is right. This is a legacy from the old BBRY management. So many failed deliveries of release dates and products left strong memories of poor executions in the minds of investors and customers.

The new BBRY have, so far I think, delivered on their execution plans.

Today's chart goes to show that a lot of people didn't think bb would release on the us carriers on time or at all. There's a lot of people who think bb is a terrible company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 10:56 AM
    And this is hitting the nail on the head...exactly what the market want's to see...execute.

Yes, that is right. This is a legacy from the old BBRY management. So many failed deliveries of release dates and products left strong memories of poor executions in the minds of investors and customers.

The new BBRY have, so far I think, delivered on their execution plans.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 03-11-13 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-11-13 11:00 AM
    Its hard to say where we are heading from right now. I doubt we will push much higher today, but the question is will it settle for a few days, losing 3-4% by thursday (sort of like after last week's 7% gain), or can we expect more good news like verizon and other carriers finally stepping up and adding another 10% day?

I have some calls for this friday that i had all but dismissed as a loss until today (still down 30%), and some for mid april that are already looking smart (though i wish i made them last week and not 2 weeks ago!)
    03-11-13 11:02 AM
    Onwards and upwards.
    03-11-13 11:08 AM
    Guys, we are onto a big rally here, we took out the 5-dma and the 50-dma as planned, we need to break above the $ 14.83/shr mark to call this a screaming bull run. Watch that number. There is little likelihood that we will test the 50-dma here, its possible, but I don't think it is necessary. The real target is $ 14.83 and we should waste little time getting there.The volume is terrific, the trend is up to the top of the sym-triangle now and it will fall. As i suggested, we needed to hear that the phone wasn't going to be delayed in America. We have bonus news to go with that but big money had to push out the chart pattern until they knew the phone would launch. There is nothing that Samsung can say that will steal business away from this great product. Two different animals here. Let's see them take it to a new high today.
    03-11-13 11:19 AM
    Morgan, i didn't quite follow what you wrote with multiple mentions of the 50-dma... I thought maybe you had been hitting the kool-aid a little hard this morning! anyway, good to see you are still watching and commenting on our little BBRY.
    03-11-13 11:28 AM
    03-11-13 11:31 AM
    I can't stop smiling, stock is up and att's firm release date is giving me butterflies in my stomach. I have been waiting for this rally.
    I have a question, when is the earnings report again? I ask because if att is taking pre orders starting the 12, att will commit that to bbry, and if I remember correctly the phone is considered profit to bbry when they ship to the carrier? if so, it should help boost the er?
    03-11-13 11:31 AM
    I've seen this song and dance before :

What is the real news here? That The phone is being released on schedule. That's it.

No sales numbers. No real partnership. Just 1 US carrier releasing on time. Not sure that warrants a 10% increase in 1 day.

My point is, be cautious, as this may fall back to $14 by tomorrow when the excitement and smoke clears. Profit taking may be a good idea.
    Marc_Paradise and MasterMoe like this.
    03-11-13 11:32 AM
    i will take 14 over 13 any day of the week
    The Selected Fruit likes this.
    03-11-13 11:34 AM
    the pop must be due to the lonovo interview, the CEO mused about buying (maybe he meant licensing) BBRY, its completely baseless but "buy the rumor" is the rule of the day lately.

What is the real news here? That The phone is being released o schedule. That's it.

No sales numbers. No real partnership. Just 1 US carrier releasing on time. Not sure that warrants a 10% increase in 1 day.

My point is, be cautious, as this may fall back to $14 by tomorrow when the excitement and smoke clears. Profit taking may be a good idea.
    03-11-13 11:36 AM
    Agreed. I'm just enjoying this while it lasts. Would be great to see it reach $14.83, but I'm not counting on it. Not today anyways. My bets are closer to the release dates (both phones and ER).
    03-11-13 11:37 AM
    "If you're like me, a Verizon customer, you've been frustrated at the lack of information coming out of Big Red. Well, we got a tip that may make you very happy. According to our tipster who wishes to remain anonymous, Verizon will start their pre-sale of the BlackBerry Z10 on March 21st and have the Z10 in stores March 28th. All of this coming on the heels of AT&T announcing their dates."

- BlackBerryOS.com
    jhill396, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    03-11-13 11:42 AM
    Also, looks like ATT have released a more up to date version of the OS so the US launch of the Z10 will have even more improvements than are currently in market.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 11:43 AM
    The BBM voice news might be bringing some players to the party. How can continuing support for older phones be spun as a negative... wait, forget i asked, i'm sure some wad will find a way.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 11:44 AM
    "If you're like me, a Verizon customer, you've been frustrated at the lack of information coming out of Big Red. Well, we got a tip that may make you very happy. According to our tipster who wishes to remain anonymous, Verizon will start their pre-sale of the BlackBerry Z10 on March 21st and have the Z10 in stores March 28th. All of this coming on the heels of AT&T announcing their dates."

- BlackBerryOS.com
    That is good news. I'm with Verizon as well, but have a bit longer on my contract. I'll have to see what switching phones will cost me. I'm not concerned about extending my contract, rather the cost involved in switching the phones (Bold 9930 to Z10). Verizon customer service can't help me until the phone is released.
    03-11-13 11:46 AM
    Oh Man, it just can't see to get above 14.50. we need one more little rumor to hit the news desks to push us over the hurdle...
    03-11-13 11:46 AM

What is the real news here? That The phone is being released on schedule. That's it.

There was no real reason for it to fall sub-$13 either. No bad news. No delays. It's a volatile stock.
    03-11-13 11:47 AM
    Oh Man, it just can't see to get above 14.50. we need one more little rumor to hit the news desks to push us over the hurdle...
    It certainly will again today.
    03-11-13 11:51 AM
    I am big long on this stock. I hate the shorts manipulating this stock price by paying the media and blogers to generate the negative articles which have nothing on it but repeating the same old line such as lack apps, DOA, too small to compete, lossing market shares in the past year or Q, etc.
    However, lately, I found a way to let shorts work for me by following strategy:
    1.) I set a side about 50K shares as the core holding for long term appreciation in the time span of 2 ~ 3 years with minimum TP at $50.
    2.) allocate the rest 20K shares for day trading which are equally devided into 2K each.
    3.) allocate additional $100K cash to be available in case the share price drops below $9.
    With above in place, I am automatically trading the stock by the following formula:
    a. If the stock goes up 10% from my last buy (1K shares), then I sold the 2K shares to lock the 10% profit
    b. If the stock goes up additional 10% from my last sell, then sold another 2K shares. In my case, the starting point was at $12/shares, with the ten 2K shares set a side for the trades, I can affod of letting the share price one way running from $12 to all the way to $28.3.
    c. If the stock drops 12% from my last sold price, then I bought back the 2K shares.
    d. In the sme token, any additional 12% drop from my bought price, I will bought back the 2K shares.
    Again, with base line set at $12/shares, with $100K free cash, I can afford of letting the share price dropping one way dropping from $12 to $5.57/shares.

At the moment, this stragetigy works well for me. From the past three months, I made 8 round trades with average profit of $2852 per round trade with total gain about $23,000 which I believe were contributed from short sellers.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-11-13 12:00 PM
    Terrible to hear about falling miners.

CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, BlackBerry gain offsets fall in miners
    Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13am EDT

TORONTO, March 11 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index
    turned positive on Monday, after opening lower, as declines in
    mining shares were offset by a jump in BlackBerry after
    U.S. carriers said they would soon begin selling its
    long-delayed Z10 device.
    The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index
    was up 2.34 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,837.95.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-11-13 12:05 PM
    Well, the gains are holding at mid-afternoon. Good news indeed.
    The Selected Fruit likes this.
    03-11-13 12:09 PM
    Funny thing is there really is no real news here. We all knew the rough release date in the USA.

All I am happy about is the fact my friends south of the 49th get a chance to embrace the Z10 like we have in Canada. It truly is a fantastic mobile device. Really looking forward to seeing what BB has in store for the future and a share price in the mid 30's would be something to get excited about. The teens don't do it for me I'm afraid.

The wait is almost over for you guy's and gal's.... I really hope BB see's some major love from the US!!!

Have an awesome day all....
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-11-13 12:16 PM
    Funny thing is there really is no real news here. We all knew the rough release date in the USA.

All I am happy about is the fact my friends south of the 49th get a chance to embrace the Z10 like we have in Canada. It truly is a fantastic mobile device. Really looking forward to seeing what BB has in store for the future and a share price in the mid 30's would be something to get excited about. The teens don't do it for me I'm afraid.

The wait is almost over for you guy's and gal's.... I really hope BB see's some major love from the US!!!

Have an awesome day all....
    Big News out there.
    BlackBerry Shares Jump After Lenovo CEO Mentions Possible Deal - Bloomberg
    03-11-13 12:19 PM
    From CNN Money the BUZZ

Investors love their BlackBerry (stock)
    By Catherine Tymkiw March 11, 2013: 12:13 PM ET

BlackBerry's stock is rallying ahead of the U.S. release of the Z10

There's a lot riding on BlackBerry's new smartphone, which is about to hit the U.S.

So far, investors seem to be in the smartphone makers corner.

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) rallied nearly 11% Monday.

"I'm not dead yet!" could be BlackBerry's mantra, to quote Monty Python. After multiple misses and few hits, the Canadian smartphone maker seems to be on the right path.

The Z10, which features an all-touch keyboard, will make its U.S. debut later this month.

By all accounts, it's what BlackBerry, formerly known as Research in Motion, should have been making all along... an innovative, modern smartphone

Also propelling BlackBerry's stock higher Monday was renewed chatter of a possible suitor. But chatter is just that, chatter. Until there's a definitive agreement, I would be cautious in how much stock (pun intended) I put in that.

Regardless, all of that has given StockTwits traders plenty to chew on.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-11-13 12:23 PM
113,256 ... 329330331332333 ...