• No

427 37.82%
    The Tide seems reversed.
    Not long ago, all the following sites were bashing Blackberry everyday:
    Seeking Alpha
    Street.com
    Wall Street cheat sheet
    Forbes
    Now, Seeking Alphase becomes the biggest bull of BBRY. You can see at least 3 or 4 bloggers daily which either praise or defend the BBRY stock.
    Street.com and Wall Street cheat sheet become more neutrual now in reporting and actually more close to the bull side.
    The most noticible change is the Forbes. After the a##hole Jordan Salvit ‏left (very well be got fired by forbes), now they turn positive on the BBRY.
    See today's article
    BlackBerry Bests Samsung, Apple in Customer Excitement - Forbes
    As time goes, I think more and more analysts and media bloggers will come on board with the BBRY bull and the day for the shorts are numberred.
    Some positive articles posted today by those sites mentioned above are:
    http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/b...h.html/?ref=YF
    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1256...y?source=yahoo
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1255...k?source=yahoo
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bla...?siteid=yhoof2
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 03-07-13 at 05:55 PM.
    bungaboy, BBInPlay, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    03-07-13 05:39 PM
    Z10 was not on sale for $99, Playbook still is, Z10 went up by $10 since the launch.........

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os...n-1212-_-slot3
    Rogers offered it last week for $99
    03-07-13 05:45 PM
    I don't think he was joking. That's market cap plus/net cash. Not sure the Board would approve such a deal or exactly how corporation laws work in Canada, but it is a generally accepted value/price for a company. Usually they would offer a premium, say 10-20% so you could tack on another billion or so, say $10-11B. In the US a board would be hard pressed to reject that and a tender offer might ensue. I think the Canadian government must approve any sale? If so, I am guessing it would be DOA.
    Anyone can have a nice day dream. But it is just dream. There is no way and no how that the board, the sahreholders and the canadian gov will prove the sales of the company with less than $50/share.
    03-07-13 05:47 PM
    Rogers offered it last week for $99
    no they didn't
    03-07-13 05:50 PM
    The Tide seems reversed.
    Not long ago, all the following sites were bashing Blackberry everyday:
    Seeking Alpha
    Street.com
    Wall Street cheat sheet
    Forbes
    Now, Seeking Alphase becomes the biggest bull of BBRY. You can see at least 3 or 4 bloggers daily which either praise or defend the BBRY stock.
    Street.com and Wall Street cheat sheet become more neutrual now in reporting and actually more close to the bull side.
    The most noticible change is the Forbes. After the a##hole Jordan Salvit ‏left (very well be got fired by forbes), now they turn positive on the BBRY.
    See today's article
    BlackBerry Bests Samsung, Apple in Customer Excitement - Forbes
    As time goes, I think more and more analysts and media bloggers will come on board with the BBRY bull and the day for the shorts are numberred.
    That article is positive like a cool bath is steaming.

At least, after you adjust the bath for market share...
    03-07-13 05:54 PM
    no they didn't
    Fair enough. i can't find any link so I will concede and say I'm wrong on that one.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 03-07-13 at 06:31 PM.
    03-07-13 05:56 PM
    And back to the stock..... we've gained a little ground in the after hours
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 03-07-13 at 06:31 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-07-13 06:07 PM
    Fair enough. i can't find any link so I will concede and say I'm wrong on that one.
    what i read here last week one day was that Z10 would go on sale at Rogers the next day, however the only thing Blackberry the following day priced at $99 was a Playbook, still is
    03-07-13 06:07 PM
    As much as I'd like to think this is a price cut due to the Z10, I don't believe it. I bet it's because the 16G iPhone is the lowest seller of the bunch, iPhone 5's haven't been selling as well as the 4s's, and with the 5s coming in the summer, they probably want to move these units. Rogers has the Z10 on sale last week for $99 too.

This type of article, and what it is trying to relay, is no different than the articles about the "troubles for BB's Z10 with price cuts in the UK" and we all know how we felt about that crap. Keep a level head and don't let a few carrier sales make you think that this is Apple's doing or it's going to hurt Apples margings.
    Based on the fact that apple only cuts the iPhone 5 price in the markets where Z10 have been lauched such as India, UK, Candada but it does not cut the price in the market Z10 is still not available, such as USA. So it has to be the Z10 factor for the iPhone 5 price cut.
    03-07-13 06:10 PM
    Based on the fact that apple only cuts the iPhone 5 price in the markets where Z10 have been lauched such as India, UK, Candada but it does not cut the price in the market Z10 is still not available, such as USA. So it has to be the Z10 factor for the iPhone 5 price cut.
    Is it Apple or the carriers? Also, this article, as I said already, bears a lot of resemblance to the article from one analyst who claims BB margins and sales are hurting due to a price cut at an outlet. All I'm saying is don't take this to heart when it's from a pro BB site like they are.

What I will concede, though, is that as I look at the Rogers and Bell sites, all the iPhone variants have been dropped in price for the contract purchase. That is quite interesting.
    03-07-13 06:18 PM
    Anyone can have a nice day dream. But it is just dream. There is no way and no how that the board, the sahreholders and the canadian gov will prove the sales of the company with less than $50/share.
    I know, but how ironic would it be if Apple made a $25 a share offer almost instantly killing off all the shorts. Just like that saying - The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now that would be funny.

Remember Prem's cost is around 14-15 so at 30 he'd be doubling his money.....
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-07-13 06:38 PM
    I know, but how ironic would it be if Apple made a $25 a share offer almost instantly killing off all the shorts. Just like that saying - The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now that would be funny.

Remember Prem's cost is around 14-15 so at 30 he'd be doubling his money.....
    Check the record again. The last 50% shares Prem bought was around 14-15 while the the average cost base for the first 50% is more than $30.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-07-13 06:42 PM
    Apple's contracts with the carriers are iron clad. After the wild success of the first iphone, Jobs could dictate terms and the carriers had to agree or lose market share. The carriers don't want to lower the price but they have to move the stock that Apple forced them to buy. It's a good sign for BBRY but the carriers can see that Sammy And Nokia have new gear coming too and they don't want / can't afford to be left holding a warehouse full of iphones that are about to be outdated by their own successor.
    Of course, this is bad news for Tim Cook. He's going to have a tough time negotiating sweetheart deals for apple if carriers think people have moved on. I think the big money see that smartphones have become a commodity and apple will not be able to command the market even with their walled garden. Maybe the iWatch is a better idea for apple then I previously thought.

Now Google is different beast. They are in advertising and android is their delivery system. The Achilles heal is the big security issue. If they have a breach it will look like the hindenberg, and they'll take amazon, Sammy, Sony down with them! A real Black Swan Event.
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 03-07-13 at 07:02 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-07-13 06:46 PM
    Gadget Masters... how credible are they?

Michael Li is from Hamilton, Canada.... so does he work for Blackberry?
    Hamilton, Canada is like saying Houston, USA
    plane6065 likes this.
    03-07-13 06:50 PM
    look which fruit is dropping the price? hint it is not the berry, not the black one:

Apple's iPhone 5 Undergoes Rare Price Drop as BlackBerry Z10 Steals iPhone Users | The Gadget Masters
    Chink in the armour?
    03-07-13 06:54 PM
    I think he also bought shares below 10. He doubled down 3 times. At first he was totally under water but his last few purchases reduced his cost per share dramatically. He was far too early on this and has some $50-60 shares in there but I think his cost is now in the 14-15 range.
    03-07-13 06:59 PM
    Perhaps you can send that article to our two favorite analysts?? You know the two...Seeking Alpha and The Street. Although they would still be in their denial as they grasp a firm hold onto their iPhone.
    And to the Canacord Fibber too.
    03-07-13 07:04 PM
    Gadget Masters... how credible are they?

Michael Li is from Hamilton, Canada.... so does he work for Blackberry?
    As credible as someone with the nic "Macbook_Pro" with 10 posts who joined CB in the last 7 days . . . . . .
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-07-13 07:07 PM
    Maybe we can get Carl Icahn to buy some shares as he has his hands in everyone's cookie jar lately, wonder if he uses a BB for daily use.
    plane6065 likes this.
    03-07-13 07:13 PM
    no they didn't
    Yup, they did. I saw it with my own eyes.
    03-07-13 07:14 PM
    Chink in the armour?
    An IPhone 5 at any other price is still as crappy.

Sent from my kickarse Z10!
    03-07-13 07:36 PM
    Sound logic!
    03-07-13 07:41 PM
    Is it Apple or the carriers? Also, this article, as I said already, bears a lot of resemblance to the article from one analyst who claims BB margins and sales are hurting due to a price cut at an outlet. All I'm saying is don't take this to heart when it's from a pro BB site like they are.

What I will concede, though, is that as I look at the Rogers and Bell sites, all the iPhone variants have been dropped in price for the contract purchase. That is quite interesting.
    I believe it is Apple, and not the carriers, at least in india, as they are directly sold by Apple, and not through carriers.
    03-07-13 07:44 PM
    I believe it is Apple, and not the carriers, at least in india, as they are directly sold by Apple, and not through carriers.
    Good Proof. Thx.
    03-07-13 08:07 PM
    look which fruit is dropping the price? hint it is not the berry, not the black one:

Apple's iPhone 5 Undergoes Rare Price Drop as BlackBerry Z10 Steals iPhone Users | The Gadget Masters
    HAHAHAHA, no ... it's just a temporary "sales promotion".
    03-07-13 09:04 PM
113,250 ... 315316317318319 ...