View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I agree with you since I believe that having multiple competition is good for consumers. Just like having multiple choices in buying cars. There's a whole whack of them to select from. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. Plus it drives innovation. So, Apple is going nowhere, so is Nokia, Androids and of course BB10. What got people agitated including myself is when ANALyst starts announcing that BB10 is DOA without even seeing the product and how the public would accept it. Talk about having eggs on their face now.

Anyway, as an investment Apple's SP is now seeing a decline because of concerns of gross margins ( Baird Report ) hence the downgrade. You've said it yourself other products have caught up with them including BB10 for sure ( my opinion ). And now they're are getting threatened. Their WOW factor I believe is no longer around coz everyone now knows what they're getting in an iphone while other products have something unique and cooler to provide. People grow up , get bored and sometimes want change. So the next iteration of iphone ( 6 ??) should be something unique ,cooler and comes with a WOW factor. If not, they may suffer the same fate RIM did a few years ago. A decline of market share.

It's no secret that apple's profits are based on their sky high profit margins. The smartphone market has caught up, with cheaper alternatives so now its impossible for apple to maintain high margins. If I owned Apple's stock I would be scratching my head, but as a Company Apple is fine. Sorry my response is short, I'm still at work.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-13 02:47 PM
    Anyone here have lvl 2? Im curious if any big blocks were being bought earlier in the morning when the volume was decent.
    03-07-13 02:56 PM
    Anyone here have lvl 2? Im curious if any big blocks were being bought earlier in the morning when the volume was decent.
    i don't understand
    03-07-13 02:58 PM
    My level is over 9000
    03-07-13 03:12 PM
    i don't understand
    Does he mean Level 2 (Secret Squirrel) access??
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 03:12 PM
    You can tell that's a joke based on the fact that he thinks someone could be able to buy BB for $7 to $8 billion net.
    03-07-13 03:14 PM
    Level 2 allows you to see the actual orders stack up.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 03:16 PM
    Level 2 allows you to see the actual orders stack up.

Posted via CB10
    HA!! I was right!!
    03-07-13 03:18 PM
    secret squirrel! Hahaha... that's what we call it when my wife goes out for a spa day!
    lcjr likes this.
    03-07-13 03:33 PM
    interesting - from the QNX web-site

Renault Samsung

The Renault-Samsung 3D infotainment system provides the SM7 with a variety of services, including navigation with traffic updates, air conditioning, car audio, gas mileage, engine control unit monitoring, DMB broadcast, MP3, WMA, and video playback, as well as rear-seat entertainment. This amazing combination of capabilities is based on the QNX Neutrino RTOS.

So even Sammy thinks QNX is the way to go!
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 03-07-13 at 06:26 PM.
    zyben, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-07-13 03:35 PM
    You can tell that's a joke based on the fact that he thinks someone could be able to buy BB for $7 to $8 billion net.
    I don't think he was joking. That's market cap plus/net cash. Not sure the Board would approve such a deal or exactly how corporation laws work in Canada, but it is a generally accepted value/price for a company. Usually they would offer a premium, say 10-20% so you could tack on another billion or so, say $10-11B. In the US a board would be hard pressed to reject that and a tender offer might ensue. I think the Canadian government must approve any sale? If so, I am guessing it would be DOA.
    03-07-13 03:55 PM
    Today, I would vote no against any offer under $40/share.

This will change one way or the other on March 28th.
    03-07-13 04:03 PM
    When Heins says BB10 will last 10 years, I foresee the stock crashing in about 5 years because they're not thinking about innovation again. Some other company will pass them once they get fat. I'm hoping that he's only saying that for the sake of bragging about BB10 but internally they are planning to strategically revamp their software again to a new level in about 5 years. At that point in time BB10 will be old news.
    I think they say this because of what QNX can do. Put a 32 core CPU in there and the OS will use it perfectly. They obviously will have to keep the GUI fresh.
    03-07-13 04:06 PM
    Read some apple comments.

Apple needs to be come a conglomerate. It can focus on tech but should diversify. But why not buy a company like USG or Heck ... JNJ? Just own them as wholly own subsidiaries.

JNJ is just an example. I know appl doesn't have that much cas

Also, half of apples cash makes 3 or 4% a year. That is why the PE is so low.
    03-07-13 04:09 PM
    If they offered me $40/share I wouldn't even have an iGasim.

Now $140 I might just have to hold my nose. LoL
    03-07-13 04:43 PM
    look which fruit is dropping the price? hint it is not the berry, not the black one:

Apple's iPhone 5 Undergoes Rare Price Drop as BlackBerry Z10 Steals iPhone Users | The Gadget Masters
    03-07-13 04:52 PM
    Does apple ever lower their price? I've only seen them drop the price when one of their new models is released.
    03-07-13 04:57 PM
    03-07-13 04:58 PM
    look which fruit is dropping the price? hint it is not the berry, not the black one:

Apple's iPhone 5 Undergoes Rare Price Drop as BlackBerry Z10 Steals iPhone Users | The Gadget Masters

Perhaps you can send that article to our two favorite analysts?? You know the two...Seeking Alpha and The Street. Although they would still be in their denial as they grasp a firm hold onto their iPhone.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-07-13 04:58 PM

As much as I'd like to think this is a price cut due to the Z10, I don't believe it. I bet it's because the 16G iPhone is the lowest seller of the bunch, iPhone 5's haven't been selling as well as the 4s's, and with the 5s coming in the summer, they probably want to move these units. Rogers has the Z10 on sale last week for $99 too.

This type of article, and what it is trying to relay, is no different than the articles about the "troubles for BB's Z10 with price cuts in the UK" and we all know how we felt about that crap. Keep a level head and don't let a few carrier sales make you think that this is Apple's doing or it's going to hurt Apples margings.
    03-07-13 05:10 PM
    The new design is great but it's kinda slow. Also, not liking new fonts for BB forum posts. The previous font was easier-to-read.
    I agree. The site design is nice. But the fonts are difficult to read and the site is SLOW. Painfully slow on a BB9850 with strong 3G signal.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 05:12 PM
    As much as I'd like to think this is a price cut due to the Z10, I don't believe it. I bet it's because the 16G iPhone is the lowest seller of the bunch, iPhone 5's haven't been selling as well as the 4s's, and with the 5s coming in the summer, they probably want to move these units. Rogers has the Z10 on sale last week for $99 too.

This type of article, and what it is trying to relay, is no different than the articles about the "troubles for BB's Z10 with price cuts in the UK" and we all know how we felt about that crap. Keep a level head and don't let a few carrier sales make you think that this is Apple's doing or it's going to hurt Apples margings.
    Z10 was not on sale for $99, Playbook still is, Z10 went up by $10 since the launch.........

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os...n-1212-_-slot3
    03-07-13 05:24 PM
    Gadget Masters... how credible are they?

Michael Li is from Hamilton, Canada.... so does he work for Blackberry?
    see for yourself then:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...abel=WRLS_HOME
    03-07-13 05:26 PM
    Gadget Masters... how credible are they?

Michael Li is from Hamilton, Canada.... so does he work for Blackberry?
    Yes, Hamilton is the centre of the "trustworthy" universe..we all had a meeting and decided.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-07-13 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 Said to Go on Sale in AT&T Stores March 22 - Bloomberg

March 22nd for ATT - Makes sense based on the app updates tweeted by Michael Clewley
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-13 05:37 PM
113,256 ... 314315316317318 ...