View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thor on BB10 for the PB. Good to hear still.

BlackBerry working to upgrade PlayBook - MarketWatch
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
    Remember this? "I support BBRY and I buy shares !". Seems you don't fit the mold. So it begs the question. "Why are you here?"
    Because I am a Blackberry fan and been using them from the 950 days. I lost over $90,000 when RIM crashed but made almost all of it back. I fit the mold just fine, I am just not a full of the "kool-aid" and look at this as a matter of fact. Blackberry and the Z10 have not skewed my good senses! I am here because I want to be here so try to deal with it. If you can not stand someone saying anything negative about your Blackberry, move to the next post. You are a new member and yet have "so much" to say.

Standing up and proclaiming "I Support Blackberry and I buy Shares" all sounds good but it will not put money in the bank and I never buy stock out of a love for a company. I buy stock to make money!
    03-07-13 11:43 AM
    I am here EVERYDAY and online at this site more than most here.
    I meant in this thread. You know when it was rallying and green?

Sometimes I think you act like a lawyer . . . . . to quote a famous bird "your lips are moving but you ain't saying nothing".

Please remember the title of this thread and kindly respect it.
    03-07-13 11:57 AM
    is there a live feed for this ??
    570 am in Ontario

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:57 AM
    Because I am a Blackberry fan and been using them from the 950 days. I lost over $90,000 when RIM crashed but made almost all of it back. I fit the mold just fine, I am just not a full of the "kool-aid" and look at this as a matter of fact. Blackberry and the Z10 have not skewed my good senses! I am here because I want to be here so try to deal with it. If you can not stand someone saying anything negative about your Blackberry, move to the next post. You are a new member and yet have "so much" to say.

Standing up and proclaiming "I Support Blackberry and I buy Shares" all sounds good but it will not put money in the bank and I never buy stock out of a love for a company. I buy stock to make money!
    As defined by Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    03-07-13 11:58 AM
    Thor on BB10 for the PB. Good to hear still.

BlackBerry working to upgrade PlayBook - MarketWatch
    I look forward to it.
    03-07-13 11:59 AM
    I look forward to it.
    I certainly do as well! My thoughts are that the Playbook will be replaced eventually with a new tablet. I really think when Blackberry has the time they will attempt a new tablet, later rather than sooner mind you. I am looking forward to getting a new phone and tablet from Blackberry next year after my current contract ends. I know...very ambitious,but that's me.
    03-07-13 12:04 PM
    Some good and surprising articles out there today. Is there a medication issue with some of these analysts? There's some major switches in thinking.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 12:04 PM
    I KIND of understand how these analysts can get like this though. I mean, they are probably APPLE fanatics that saw Blackberry fall like a rock and assumed Blackberry was down for the count. They failed to do proper research and made assumptions instead based on emotion and preference instead of facts. Just my opinion.
    03-07-13 12:08 PM
    I KIND of understand how these analysts can get like this though. I mean, they are probably APPLE fanatics that saw Blackberry fall like a rock and assumed Blackberry was down for the count. They failed to do proper research and made assumptions instead based on emotion and preference instead of facts. Just my opinion.
    Yes. However, I don't doubt that there is definitely some short support intended by some of them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 12:10 PM
    Coincidentally, there were more of them analysts joining the Apple downgrade bandwagon.
    Some good and surprising articles out there today. Is there a medication issue with some of these analysts? There's some major switches in thinking.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 12:11 PM
    Good quote.

With open operating systems like Android, Heins said, “It’s like there’s a big main door to your house and you don’t know how many keys there are.”
    lcjr, Corbu, leafs123 and 2 others like this.
    03-07-13 12:13 PM
    Good quote.
    I've got to remember that one. Hope he doesn't mind if I borrow that phrase to use at work.
    03-07-13 12:15 PM
    Coincidentally, there were more of them analysts joining the Apple downgrade bandwagon.
    I think AAPL is in for some serious trouble. The IPhone 5s is another flop and it's not even out yet.
    03-07-13 12:16 PM
    I think AAPL is in for some serious trouble. The IPhone 5s is another flop and it's not even out.
    I'll bet they are really confused and scared right now with iPhone 6 in the pipeline. I have a feeling it's just another "not much changed" but I don't care to go research that anytime soon.
    03-07-13 12:18 PM
    I'll bet they are really confused and scared right now with iPhone 6 in the pipeline. I have a feeling it's just another "not much changed" but I don't care to go research that anytime soon.
    More color options and possibly larger 5" screen hahahaha what innovation????
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 12:27 PM
    They failed to do proper research and made assumptions instead based on emotion and preference instead of facts.
    You mean, the thing that is their job? They didn't bother to do it? I AM SHOCKED.
    03-07-13 12:31 PM
    The Model T business model/product life cycle...lol
    03-07-13 12:36 PM
    it would be great to see BB10 on the PB in time for the US release or just after the last major carrier releases. it would help carry the buzz. We need to remember that there is/was a lot of pend up demand for BB10 from the loyalists. We need to see sustained uptake after release. That being said, I think TH et al have a great game plan in play. Just as the release of the Z10 begins to wind up, Bamm! the staggered release of the Q10 will start.
    That is the one two punch TH alluded to before launch, but as any fighter will tell you, it's the third hit that really hurts! So having the PB10 on deck must be a front burner priority.
    They've also said more products are coming this year (if the launch is successful). The A10 and some lower/mid tier models for developing markets.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-13 12:37 PM
    And you know who else is in trouble ( see link ). It seems to me that there is a shift of reporting in the last few days highlighting the need for a more secure phone out there.
    Amazingly there's a new hip phone on the block built with security in mind, coming to a store near you very very soon...lets hear it from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile. We need a secure phone yesterday!!!!! Lets launch Z10 now!
    apple-android-malware - Apple 2.0 -Fortune Tech

bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 12:37 PM
    The Model T business model/product life cycle...lol
    "who cares if it works, replacement parts for 25 years" - robocop
    03-07-13 12:42 PM
    I think a lot of blackberry faithful are overestimating the effect of bb10 on the PB.

The only people who will care are the subset of the 2 million or so PlayBook owners out there who still use the device -and most of them are unaware that it's even in the works.

It really has no meaning to the broader market, except perhaps from the perspective of showing potential for use on "Lower End" devices.

Frankly I'm not sure how they're going to squeeze if all in -my DA is always closing apps - especially the browser -due to low memory, since the hub was added. The playbook has the same memory constraints and two thirds the speed.

I rather suspect they're regretting promising this OS for playbook...

(I only use my PB these days for movies on planes. Browsing is painfully slow and always has been, unless you don't want to scroll web pages...)
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-07-13 12:43 PM
    And a "new" adapter for $39.99 I bet. LoL
    03-07-13 12:45 PM
    Jefferies update --

BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) is seeing mid-day activity following positive comments from Jefferies' analyst Peter Misek. The analyst said his checks at UK stores show no excess inventory for the Z10.

Misek commented: "We physically checked six stores in London and Edinburgh on our recent marketing trip for signs of excess inventory or wavering Z10 demand. We found neither."

The analyst said all stores showed only a few devices in stock and sell-through appeared fine. This was consistent with previous checks in the UK and Canada. Checks with store managers indicate they have not heard of too much inventory; instead they noted two stores in their network that were sold out. On price cuts, this was deemed as standard practice.

Bottom line - contrary to some reports out there the analyst said the Z10 continues to sell steadily.

Misek maintained Buy rating and price target of $19.50 on BBRY.

StreetInsider.com - No Excess BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Inventory - Jefferies
    03-07-13 12:47 PM
    Anyone else notice the low trading volume?

If it wasn't for those drops this morning, we'd likely be trading up on this low volume too.
    03-07-13 12:52 PM
113,250 ... 312313314315316 ...