View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Uh....isn't Microsoft having issues trying to sell their Windows 8 operating system? So much so that they are going to start price cuts?
    They got to the point where their operating system was so good and their new operating system didn't add much. Hence why many people (including myself) don't care about upgrading to WIndows 8 from Windows 7.

At some point, software can become "perfect", hardware can become "perfect". Until some innovation comes along that is radically different.
    This is the reason tech stocks are rarely stable. (Microsoft has been the exception in the past decades because they were essentially a monopoly)
    Agree. Windows 8 maybe another 2000, ME or Vista. I am quite happy with Windows 7.
    03-07-13 09:42 AM
    Uh....isn't Microsoft having issues trying to sell their Windows 8 operating system? So much so that they are going to start price cuts?
    They got to the point where their operating system was so good and their new operating system didn't add much. Hence why many people (including myself) don't care about upgrading to WIndows 8 from Windows 7.

At some point, software can become "perfect", hardware can become "perfect". Until some innovation comes along that is radically different.
    This is the reason tech stocks are rarely stable. (Microsoft has been the exception in the past decades because they were essentially a monopoly)
    Yup. Especially in this day n age.
    03-07-13 09:45 AM
    Here a big change of heart from one guy who was very bearish on BBRY.

Some Signs BlackBerry May Be Back - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 09:46 AM
    I wouldn't describe Microsoft Windows as good, it works but it isn't good.

windows is still the buggy crashy mess it always was.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 09:53 AM
    That's why I feel Blackberry will eventually become strictly a software giant and get out of the device world. Guessing here of course, but it could happen in the next two years. Probably after they deliver all the devices they planned.
    Google and Amazon are trying evolve the software industry as an implementation detail of a bigger business, not a business on its own.
    Google's business is advertising and now is trying to enter in retail.
    Amazon's business is retail and now is trying to enter in the advertising.
    If this model succeeds Microsoft, Apple and BlackBerry will be pushed to a niche. They can't compete with software sold at cost because they don't have the retail or advertisment business to profit.
    Software companies have to push the do-not-track and other privacy efforts that remove the advantage of the integration of software, advertising and retail.
    03-07-13 09:55 AM
    Is it easier to give advice when you don't have a pony in the race?

I have lots of time for BB. No rush.
    Yes I can tell from the posts from people who HAVE a pony in the race! LOL!
    03-07-13 09:58 AM

MS has shot themselves in the foot big time with Win8. It is not selling at all and even the PC makers are pi$$ed at them as it did nothing for PC sales which have been VERY flat. Now they want to rent you office by the year. All I can say is OUCH!
    03-07-13 10:01 AM

I believe that in terms of OS architecture, BB10 represents a perfect platform paradigm. It's capable of evolving into the future without all the attachments of legacy software and hardware, but can offer that compatibility layer easily if required.

TH says BB10 is built for the next 10 years. Does that mean that the Z10 will get 10 years of updates as they continue to tighten up the code for the entire platform? That would be unreal if it happened. Apple only supported the original iPhone for 3 years before stopping updates.

BBRY has promised to give the PB BB10, which is pretty good considering the tabs are almost 2 years old. I'd imagine this would make the PB the baseline reference hardware for industrial workhorse tabs, which is a pretty good sweet spot for a large scale manufacturer to be, all things considered. There's a lot of money to be made in just selling good stable and secure reference designs for technology that just has to work. And for providing support and updates for those designs.

By 2023, you'll see BBRY Point-Of-Sale systems having replaced the old Windows/IBM systems in convience stores, grocery stores, pharmacies and banks around the world. You'll see BBRY smart offices, smart homes and smart vehicles.

They'll be completely ubiquitous.

They'll be Big Brother.

Sh!t.
    morganplus8, Bugmapper and zyben like this.
    03-07-13 10:05 AM
    $13.47
    LOL! Hear the wind whistling by your ears!
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    03-07-13 10:17 AM
    Remember this? "I support BBRY and I buy shares !". Seems you don't fit the mold. So it begs the question. "Why are you here?"
    zyben likes this.
    03-07-13 10:24 AM
    LOL! Hear the wind whistling by your ears!
    Whistle was a lot louder yesterday. Oh, but you weren't here to see it or discuss it, were you? LOL!
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    03-07-13 10:26 AM
    Absolutely agree with you. You can see the initial steps were already taken by BBRY and are now in place. Once mass acceptance is reached, I believe hardware sales profit would be pale, compared to what they can make thru service fees.

BBM Money Transfer ( now being tested in the Indonesian market )
    Visa/Mastercard NFC and Backend Management thru BBRY SEM. ( currently in Canadian Market )
    BES 10 Managing BYOD corporate systems.

This is just a preview and there's more to come. I believe on Heins' vision of " Internet of Things ".

I believe that in terms of OS architecture, BB10 represents a perfect platform paradigm. It's capable of evolving into the future without all the attachments of legacy software and hardware, but can offer that compatibility layer easily if required.

TH says BB10 is built for the next 10 years. Does that mean that the Z10 will get 10 years of updates as they continue to tighten up the code for the entire platform? That would be unreal if it happened. Apple only supported the original iPhone for 3 years before stopping updates.

BBRY has promised to give the PB BB10, which is pretty good considering the tabs are almost 2 years old. I'd imagine this would make the PB the baseline reference hardware for industrial workhorse tabs, which is a pretty good sweet spot for a large scale manufacturer to be, all things considered. There's a lot of money to be made in just selling good stable and secure reference designs for technology that just has to work. And for providing support and updates for those designs.

By 2023, you'll see BBRY Point-Of-Sale systems having replaced the old Windows/IBM systems in convience stores, grocery stores, pharmacies and banks around the world. You'll see BBRY smart offices, smart homes and smart vehicles.

They'll be completely ubiquitous.

They'll be Big Brother.

Sh!t.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 10:34 AM
    “I got an emergency call from my manager from India saying ‘I’m sold out after two days,’” Heins said. “So now we’re scrambling to reload those channels.”
    BlackBerry

I thought inventories were piling up *eyeroll*
    03-07-13 11:12 AM
    You're shocked by this when the thread title is

"I support BBRY and I buy shares !"
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 11:13 AM
    03-07-13 11:16 AM
    Thats actually happening right now and thoersten is on stage at the moment lol.
    03-07-13 11:19 AM
    “I got an emergency call from my manager from India saying ‘I’m sold out after two days,’” Heins said. “So now we’re scrambling to reload those channels.”
    BlackBerry

I thought inventories were piling up *eyeroll*
    promising!

ps: the 'pile-ups' were in UK. In canada, target levels were being reached which (as the word target expresses) is a GOOD thing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 11:21 AM
    This isn't an investors conference so no, no numbers will be released. He has hinted at strong sales, of course, but actual numbers are going to be held until the 28th.
    03-07-13 11:21 AM
    This isn't an investors conference so no, no numbers will be released. He has hinted at strong sales, of course, but actual numbers are going to be held until the 28th.
    He mentioned the india sell out thing at the conference
    03-07-13 11:24 AM
    Thats actually happening right now and thoersten is on stage at the moment lol.
    is there a live feed for this ??
    03-07-13 11:24 AM
    Google and Amazon are trying evolve the software industry as an implementation detail of a bigger business, not a business on its own.
    Google's business is advertising and now is trying to enter in retail.
    Amazon's business is retail and now is trying to enter in the advertising.
    If this model succeeds Microsoft, Apple and BlackBerry will be pushed to a niche. They can't compete with software sold at cost because they don't have the retail or advertisment business to profit.
    Software companies have to push the do-not-track and other privacy efforts that remove the advantage of the integration of software, advertising and retail.
    I'm certainly not going to argue that point. lol. However, I feel Blackberry will be the go-to software company for those corporations needing secure software. Meaning, all the government agencies and those contracting companies working for the government will continue to be solid customers, bringing more to the fold as the neccessity grows. Just my thoughts though.
    03-07-13 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry

link to a Bloomberg report on what Heins had to say
    03-07-13 11:30 AM
    Whistle was a lot louder yesterday. Oh, but you weren't here to see it or discuss it, were you? LOL!
    I am here EVERYDAY and online at this site more than most here.
    03-07-13 11:35 AM
    is there a live feed for this ??
    Thought the keynote already happened https://twitter.com/communitech
    Waiting for information on the interview:
    + 1 RT @ajreinhart: Just spent 15 minutes one-on-one with @BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins. Interesting interview. Stay tuned! #TLC13
    And liked:
    Q+A with Thorsten Heins: Any plans to bring #BB10 to Playbook? Yes, and will be innovative too.
    cjcampbell, Tinomane and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-13 11:37 AM
    He mentioned the india sell out thing at the conference
    Yep, as I said, hinted at strong sales but no actual numbers.
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
113,256 ... 311312313314315 ...