View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    C'mon, swipe into my hub and we'll flow...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    You're supposed to peek brfore you swipe.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-07-13 08:32 AM
    That would just ruin the surprise...
    03-07-13 08:33 AM
    Down only . 07...thought it would be more.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:34 AM
    I got out long ago and did quite well. Opening at 12.66

Hoping for a good USA launch
    Wow you were so wrong. Opened at $13.44
    03-07-13 08:35 AM
    Remember the movie "Son of Flubber"? That's what the opening reminds me of today.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-07-13 08:37 AM
    Don't forget about the multitasking capabilities of BB10
    03-07-13 08:39 AM
    FYI...this stock is going down until they can prove market growth...Once preferred favor is lost it is a long road back.

So tempting to short but with the amount of cash they have it is definitely a risky venture.

Posted via CB10
    Prove market growth???? Apple is still gaining market share. The stock downgrade has more to do with investors expecting Apples to be less profitable in the future because of competition from lower end Android phones and tablets... so instead of making 60% profit they may only make 45% profit.

But if you look at the latest ComScore reports, Apples is actually gaining on Android. Up from 34.3% to 37.8%

Too be honest the same potential problems with Apples price points is also something that will affect BBRY. BBRY is trying to be a premium decive maker, in a very competitive market. Apple has it's ecosystem to help them justify the "premium" they sell devices for. BBRY is hoping that it's new OS and security features will add value over the hardware alone for them.

But many believe that "price" is what the majority of people base their smartphone purchases on, and that as the marketplace becomes even more crowded with two or three new platforms coming to mobile this year. That Apple is going to find it harder and harder to keep both marketshare and those stellar profits everyone has come to expect.
    03-07-13 08:50 AM
    WTF just happened???
    03-07-13 08:51 AM
    800,000 share dump.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-07-13 08:52 AM
    I got out long ago and did quite well. Opening at 12.66

Hoping for a good USA launch
    What does that convert to on TSX?
    03-07-13 08:54 AM
    the bears are angry about yesterdays advance. the Dow is at a record high and these HFM are caught in a do-loop!
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 08:56 AM
    Bear trap?
    800,000 share dump.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 08:56 AM
    Prove market growth???? Apple is still gaining market share. The stock downgrade has more to do with investors expecting Apples to be less profitable in the future because of competition from lower end Android phones and tablets... so instead of making 60% profit they may only make 45% profit.

But if you look at the latest ComScore reports, Apples is actually gaining on Android. Up from 34.3% to 37.8%

Too be honest the same potential problems with Apples price points is also something that will affect BBRY. BBRY is trying to be a premium decive maker, in a very competitive market. Apple has it's ecosystem to help them justify the "premium" they sell devices for. BBRY is hoping that it's new OS and security features will add value over the hardware alone for them.

But many believe that "price" is what the majority of people base their smartphone purchases on, and that as the marketplace becomes even more crowded with two or three new platforms coming to mobile this year. That Apple is going to find it harder and harder to keep both marketshare and those stellar profits everyone has come to expect.
    Microsoft slashed the price of Windows 8 to OEMs so It can compete with Android tablets. Google is destroying the traditional software industry.
    BlackBerry will have the problem once the pent-up demand of die-hard fans drys up.
    03-07-13 08:59 AM
    What does that convert to on TSX?
    ~$13.04 to $13.06 ish.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-07-13 09:01 AM
    Bear trap?
    Could be for the Russian Dancing Bears . . . .
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-07-13 09:03 AM
    Bear trap?
    looks like a big headfake (as thunder would call it) to shake out some lose hands. I just hope it was someone sell shares for a bit of profit taking. if that was a 800,000 share short someones going to loose there job today.

You can only go to the well so many times before it gets poisoned!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    800,000 share dump.
    Someone trying to trigger stops at $13.00????
    I can't watch this anymore, I'll to come back at lunch and see if the bears are done feeding.
    03-07-13 09:06 AM
    Not bad. Only 45 minutes to get back to even.

Bit of a battle taking place though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-13 09:14 AM
    And we're back to yesterday's close. Nice try but this is not as weak as they had anticipated.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    03-07-13 09:20 AM
    Microsoft slashed the price of Windows 8 to OEMs so It can compete with Android tablets. Google is destroying the traditional software industry.
    BlackBerry will have the problem once the pent-up demand of die-hard fans drys up.
    That's why I feel Blackberry will eventually become strictly a software giant and get out of the device world. Guessing here of course, but it could happen in the next two years. Probably after they deliver all the devices they planned.
    03-07-13 09:23 AM
    Well, off to another big meeting. You guys/gals hold down the fort and if it starts sinking, put a cork in it until I get back.
    03-07-13 09:25 AM
    That's why I feel Blackberry will eventually become strictly a software giant and get out of the device world. Guessing here of course, but it could happen in the next two years. Probably after they deliver all the devices they planned.
    I'd think they'd be aiming for the middle road between their competition. License their OS like Microsoft, but maintain control over the reference hardware like Apple.

Prevents the security issues and fragmentation thats occuring on the Android platform.
    03-07-13 09:31 AM
    Uh....isn't Microsoft having issues trying to sell their Windows 8 operating system? So much so that they are going to start price cuts?
    They got to the point where their operating system was so good and their new operating system didn't add much. Hence why many people (including myself) don't care about upgrading to WIndows 8 from Windows 7.

At some point, software can become "perfect", hardware can become "perfect". Until some innovation comes along that is radically different.
    This is the reason tech stocks are rarely stable. (Microsoft has been the exception in the past decades because they were essentially a monopoly)
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-07-13 09:35 AM
    Some struggle happening this morning it seems.
    03-07-13 09:37 AM
113,256 ... 310311312313314 ...