Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    c'mon > $12.97
    03-06-13 09:23 AM
    Just want to warn you all - I bought a few shares last week while the stock was around $14. Its gone down and down since then.
    Why should I warn you ?
    Well, the last time I bought shares was a couple of years ago, and a few weeks later Woolworths went into liquidation :-(
    You may want to sell all your BB shares LOL
    03-06-13 09:25 AM
    there you go, charts at 10,15,30,1h shows that down trend has been broken... needs to hold and we are good to go up
    03-06-13 09:25 AM
    Furthermore, I will go on record today stating that my forecasted combined sales of both the z10 and Q10 for the next four quarters will be 18-20 million.
    Charles, although this sounds great, a forecast and a guess are two entirely different things. And unless you're privy to insider information a best-guess is all you can do right now.
    03-06-13 09:26 AM
    Yep, I've seen these before on eBay. Not that high though so that is really incredible. I'm just not sure how real that is. I mean, who would pay that price unless it's a tax write-off or business expense?
    Yep, either a bogus bid or a moron. Plenty of other phones on ebay go for around $1,000. Why would you pay double unless you were either trying to croak a competing auction or are delusional.
    Just want to warn you all - I bought a few shares last week while the stock was around $14. Its gone down and down since then.
    Why should I warn you ?
    Well, the last time I bought shares was a couple of years ago, and a few weeks later Woolworths went into liquidation :-(
    Lol. I dont think Woolworth had 0 debt and 2.5 billion in cash though did they?
    c'mon > $13.92
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-06-13 09:30 AM
    Ok, we're over $13, but for how long. Would be nice to see it over $14 this week.
    03-06-13 09:30 AM
    Yep, either a bogus bid or a moron. Plenty of other phones on ebay go for around $1,000. Why would you pay double unless you were either trying to croak a competing auction or are delusional.
    Well - it *is* the Q10 which is globally unavailable now.

We were seeing previously $1500 for the Z10 after it was released...

Also: for a brief shining moment we were in the +5% territory for the day. Dropping a bit now, I wonder what prompted it...
    03-06-13 09:32 AM
    Friend of mine who's been investing for some time said, no matter what your losses are, time is your friend. Instead of selling in red, leave it, and time will get you back in green.
    Yes and no. Imagine you had RIMM back when it was $150. Probably not too hard to imagine for a few people in this thread. It's been a few years and time certainly hasn't been their friend.

That being said, you are correct in that you shouldn't panic when your stocks are below the the price you bought it for. Make calculated, informed decisions. Sometimes your decision will be to wait it out. Other times, you might see a better value for your money in another stock and make that change. Point is, there's no one move that will be the best one for every scenario.
    03-06-13 09:35 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    adding to my long position big time ...
    03-06-13 09:36 AM

Also: for a brief shining moment we were in the +5% territory for the day. Dropping a bit now, I wonder what prompted it...
    I'm curious as to what prompted the drop below $13 for that matter. I thought we'd hold it for sure.
    03-06-13 09:37 AM
    And almost all the positive articles are by people who are long BBRY. It is how Seeking Alpha works. I consider it more entertainment than investment advice. Our own Mike Collins a/k/a mikeycollins has written positive articles on SA and is long the stock. To his credit he acknowledged and disclosed that. His and the other authors views inform their view of the stock and their own investments and any bias they might have. Being long or short a stock doesn't make your article or opinion any more or less correct, it just let's us all know where they are coming from. The reader has to decide and decipher it all.

It's nice to have someone put some of this fraud out front for what it is.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 09:42 AM
    Why should I warn you ?
    Lol...well if you want to make money, I suggest you hold onto those shares.
    03-06-13 09:44 AM
    Charles, although this sounds great, a forecast and a guess are two entirely different things. And unless you're privy to insider information a best-guess is all you can do right now.
    I crunch numbers for a living and believe me when I say I have done my homework. I will call this my forecast.

Just to be clear. My posting what I am forecasting is only to have an official record of what I expect. It's not meant to get anyone onside or to make an investment decision.
    03-06-13 09:45 AM
    I'm waiting for someone big to mention the American release dates with a positive spin.
    03-06-13 09:47 AM
    So, what is the forcast? Where do you see the stock price this summer and next January?
    03-06-13 09:48 AM
    03-06-13 09:49 AM
    Well - it *is* the Q10 which is globally unavailable now.

We were seeing previously $1500 for the Z10 after it was released...

And here I could have bought 1 Q10 and 1 z10 for $2,000.
    2 BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Q10 New Latest Smartphone Also The Z10 Hot | eBay

I am just not sure which are more unlikely, the bids or the auctions themselves.... If you read this listing, it cites the other and also talks about no longer listing them due to e-bay hassles. That usually means there is an issue...
    FROM LISTING:
    I have an inside source that has placed special business orders for me with my business account that has guaranteed I will have all 35 in hand by March 15. I will ship yours next day mail on March 16th. You will have your Blackberry 2 weeks before they are released in the United States!
    DUE TO PAYPAL'S SUFFOCATING RULES, IT IS NO LONGER WORTH THE TROUBLE JUMPING THROUGH THEIR HOOPS TO PRESELL THESE UNITS ON EBAY / PAYPAL SO THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON HERE
    03-06-13 09:50 AM
    Hmmm... 13.20, eh?
    I crunch numbers for a living and believe me when I say I have done my homework. I will call this my forecast.
    I don't need the money I have tied up in BBRY and other stocks right now. I'm just curious about where it might be this summer and early next year. If it's projected to go back up to its former glory ($150), then I'll stay in, but if it's just marginal improvements I'm bailing at a good point for me.
    hmm.. I wonder the power I may have in me
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 09:52 AM
    Looks like some buyers have finally come out to play.
    03-06-13 09:54 AM
    Can anyone say "short squeeze"?
    03-06-13 09:55 AM
    I really like this part of the article where they emphasize this:

" The new BlackBerry 10 smartphone, which has already been released in Europe, is the only wireless platform secure enough to meet NATO requirements, while also retaining its ability to function as a smartphone connected to the Web. "

There are 25+ member countries of the NATO alliance spread across Europe and North America. So if you want to use a smartphone for work under NATO you only got one choice.
    The BB10 platform. I believe this is a huge huge win...

It is interesting. Sold 40,000 Blackberry SecSmart Phones and each costs $3,132, that $125.32 million. WOW
    03-06-13 09:55 AM
113,250 ... 302303304305306 ...