View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The more the public thinks it's going to fail, the more it will jump when good news is released.

Whether the stock is at $2 or $12, it will still hit the same $ price if they announce good numbers because the facts determine the value of stock price in the long term.

If you think the numbers will suck, then sell and possibly short. If you don't, then it's just a matter of time until news is released.

If you are bullish, I don't see anything else to worry about except deciding when to buy more to max your profit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-05-13 01:33 PM
    Today's trend is definitely to the downside, just look at the 5min chart the question will it hold $12.60 and if it's a true double bottom pointed out by Morgan. The shorts are not covering nor do they seem to be nervous as we move closer to numbers/earnings release. With the low volume the shorts can control this stock any which way they choose, there is no catalysts for them to cover. We should be in the green today following the overall market, but being in red is telling everyone to remain short. I still believe in this company but it's getting hard to watch the share price in red everyday. I think TH needs to announce a US release date and create some buzz for the Z10, maybe that will help put a floor in the stock backing up their promise to deliver on time.
    03-05-13 01:42 PM
    It looks as though we have started a new trend and unfortunately a negative one. M8, please tell me I am wrong...
    03-05-13 01:43 PM
    If Thor announces any news that does not change the value of the company, the stock will rise but likely fall shortly thereafter. Guys, let's wait for March 28.!

In the short run the market is a voting machine (ie: technicals rule) but in the long run, it is an allocator of value (ie: fundamentals rule).
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 02:03 PM
    03-05-13 02:07 PM
    There is no volume on the buy side, shorts just trading amongst themselves dropping the PPS lower and lower with big blocks. Blackberry better wake up and not copy the same silence Apple has shown as clearly WS has punished their stock because of it. I watch NOK pre-annouce their last earnings and stock jumped upped huge but later to come back down, so not sure this would be the best for TH to do. I think the better move would be to announce the US release of the Z10 and then let the numbers come out in the earnings, a one two punch to get the shorts covering.
    StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 02:08 PM
    We clearly have different definitions of the word "Plunging".

Posted via CB10
    My plunging . . . . . .

03-05-13 02:17 PM
    my plunging is plungier then yours....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sexy-dresses-es-4757.jpg
    03-05-13 02:30 PM
    The good news is out there and the market for whatever reason chooses not to listen or believe it. Netflix suffered by the hands of the short as well and then after earnings the shorts ate it hard. I would like to buy some today but no funds today. If the stock can stay down for a couple of days more i will be buying. taken down on nothing volume. Oh well i have to trust prem and the board know what they are doing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 02:32 PM
    I think lots of bulls are waiting to settle down and some good solid news and then all will jump in..right now no good positive news pushing it up so bulls understands the game so they are in wait and watch..Like I said earlier nothing will push it up until BB does something..news, estimates, ER nums..
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 02:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sexy-dresses-ES-4757.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	139336
    Guys .. If we are going to promote this type of stuff lets keep it to BBRY

Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    03-05-13 02:50 PM
    Morgan. How much importance do you give down trends when the volume has been as low as it has the last couple of days?

I'm assuming a sharp fall on huge volume is more bearish than this gradual decline on majorly lower than avg volume?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-05-13 02:52 PM
    Guys the moods in here are becoming up and down like a toilet seat.

I started buying RIM about a year ago. I chased it from $13 down to $7 and back up again. I am slightly in the black.

Remember this traded at $18 before people even had it in their hands. The more Countries it is rolled out the bigger the movement grows.

Don't listen to all the doom and gloom. Don't listen to the so called ANAL-ysts spin. Do your own research. Use the Z1O.

Remember what all the experts and ANAL-ysts said about who would be President of the USA in 2008 and 2012 of who would win a horse race? LoL

I am long on BB. Stand sure.
    03-05-13 02:53 PM
    I think lots of bulls are waiting to settle down and some good solid news and then all will jump in..right now no good positive news pushing it up so bulls understands the game so they are in wait and watch..Like I said earlier nothing will push it up until BB does something..news, estimates, ER nums..
    If Thor and BBRY won't defend the stock why should the bulls risk more. Just awful....
    03-05-13 02:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sexy-dresses-ES-4757.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	139336
    Nah. You're just navel gazing.
    StormieTwo and lcjr like this.
    03-05-13 02:54 PM
    The more the public thinks it's going to fail, the more it will jump when good news is released.

Whether the stock is at $2 or $12, it will still hit the same $ price if they announce good numbers because the facts determine the value of stock price in the long term.

If you think the numbers will suck, then sell and possibly short. If you don't, then it's just a matter of time until news is released.

If you are bullish, I don't see anything else to worry about except deciding when to buy more to max your profit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Remind me not to let you handle my stock portfolio!
    03-05-13 02:55 PM
    Crap Day all around...we haven't had a significant up day in awhile
    03-05-13 03:06 PM
    BBRY: Z10 Grabs Share, Inventories Rise, Says Pac Crest (Update)

BBRY: Z10 Grabs Share, Inventories Rise, Says Pac Crest (Update) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-05-13 03:09 PM
    and it skyrockets in early after hours... lol
    03-05-13 03:11 PM
    Bulls hit, nice backstroke.
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 03-05-13 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added
    03-05-13 03:12 PM
    If Thor and BBRY won't defend the stock why should the bulls risk more. Just awful....
    It is not their job to defend the stock. They win if the company does well in the long run.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-05-13 03:12 PM
    Is this Pacific Crest guy for real? Absolutely no numbers on the Y-axis in any of the graphs? How is this getting published?

This is complete conjecture, coming from the same guy that initially said BlackBerry would be bankrupt before BB10 was launched, and also that the Z10 would be DOA....Kind of funny its always the same two guys writing negative articles about BlackBerry. Canaccord & Pacific Crest.

morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 03:15 PM
    Morgan. How much importance do you give down trends when the volume has been as low as it has the last couple of days?

I'm assuming a sharp fall on huge volume is more bearish than this gradual decline on majorly lower than avg volume?
    For sure, the volume is not there, we don't have a spike down, the movement all day is one of an absence of players, not a change in trend. They have it outside the channel, now they have to keep it there and there is no convection on this sell-off. Its like TA during the Christmas holidays, not worth anything. The 5-dma will drop $ .24/shr tomorrow at the open and they'll have to put pressure on the stock again. I took my Z10 out for lunch today because the trading was so boring, at least the phone didn't let me down! The stock is getting kicked in the nuts by certain media and there is nothing to off-set this constant bashing. At some point, we are going to hear about the USA launch, the bulls will run with it when they know the launch isn't going to be delayed. For now, we wait for news to get things trading agaiin, a very boring period, I know.

StormieTwo - Thanks for posting a picture of your maid, I liked that, cheers!!!
    03-05-13 03:16 PM
    Over 5% of the UK smartphone market in the UK already? And about 10% in Canada?

Holy crap.
    03-05-13 03:17 PM
    Guys the moods in here are becoming up and down like a toilet seat.

I started buying RIM about a year ago. I chased it from $13 down to $7 and back up again. I am slightly in the black.

Remember this traded at $18 before people even had it in their hands. The more Countries it is rolled out the bigger the movement grows.

Don't listen to all the doom and gloom. Don't listen to the so called ANAL-ysts spin. Do your own research. Use the Z1O.

Remember what all the experts and ANAL-ysts said about who would be President of the USA in 2008 and 2012 of who would win a horse race? LoL

I am long on BB. Stand sure.
    That's funny! Oh man I needed that. Yes you're right, but that's what this place is for. We high five when things are good and complain when they are not. Nothing else to do until news is released. You said toilet seats...hahahahahaha.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 03:28 PM
113,252 ... 296297298299300 ...