View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Very bad move on BB's part. Most of the reviews were done based on the Z10 with that OS.... very few will bother doing a review based on the new OS. So anyone doing a quick check of reviews is going to get an incorrect picture of how well the Z10 works.
    Sure but aside from the app gap, almost ALL of the reviews were positive.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-05-13 10:55 AM
    Very bad move on BB's part. Most of the reviews were done based on the Z10 with that OS.... very few will bother doing a review based on the new OS. So anyone doing a quick check of reviews is going to get an incorrect picture of how well the Z10 works.
    And anyone who tries a Z10 in America after launch will think that the early reviewers and stock analysts were just blowing smoke up their ***.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 10:56 AM
    I wouldnt go as far as saying "half baked" Maybe 99% baked LOL

Sometimes putting something out to the public is the only way that you can find these minor bugs. I'm sure they had beta trials going on but they don't always result in problems found. I am in technology. Every single, I mean EVERY, new product or 1st code release results in some bugs found.This is normal and expected.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 10:59 AM
    I think investing 'long term' depends much more on the mindset of the investor than the company you're investing in. Think about it, which company would you be willing to invest in long term? If BBRY trades at $18-$20 then they must have done something right? What would stop them from introducing mid-tier smartphones and selling millions of those while allowing their OS to mature like iOS did?
    03-05-13 10:59 AM
    I hate to say this but despite markets flying high today BBRY is stubbornly sitting there. Not encouraging.
    03-05-13 11:05 AM
    Hopefully not true. Though we were kind of expecting this already.
    BlackBerry: Z10 Inventories Piling Up In U.K., Analyst Says - Forbes
    03-05-13 11:06 AM
    this chart looks familiar...might be a dump for the last couple hours of trading. Hope im wrong
    03-05-13 11:10 AM
    Just more crap. BB supporters should be used to this by now. Sad though that it's still being pushed out.
    03-05-13 11:12 AM
    The one thing that makes me sure that I'm on the right side of the bbry call is the options market. If you look at the jan 2014 and jan 2015 open interest and daily volume the call side absolutely dominates the put side.

A lot of wealthy people are buying wheelbarrows full of leaps and they are using this unwarranted pullback to get them cheap.
    fedakd, morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 11:13 AM
    So when they're selling out all the time, it's because they don't have production capacity. When they ramp up production capacity to meet the required sell through, they're not selling them fast enough.

When phone companies offer discounts against their competitors rates, it has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with stealing customers.
    03-05-13 11:15 AM
    Sorry but introducing the Z10 when it seemed to not be quite ready reminded me of the Playbook disaster, sounding alot like RIM to me.
    The Z10 release is completely different than the PlayBook. The PlayBook was released with core functionality completely missing. It wasn't just half-baked--part of the meal didn't even show up to the table. The Z10 has a few problems, sure, but in reality it's a pretty damned good product.

If you wait for a technology product to be 100% problem free, you will never release it. At some point you have to say "good enough", and shove it out the door.
    JGuez and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 11:17 AM
    IT really is amazing the number of made up stories. No product and it's a bad . They have product avalible and it's also bad. Everything is spun into a negative light. I have never seen a company bashed like BlackBerry. Apple and Google is trying to beat BlackBerry through pr. They know very well that their phones do not match up to BlackBerry.
    03-05-13 11:18 AM
    The languishing SP right now is due to lack of big name apps, specifically right now Netflix. If parents can't plug their kids in for Dora the Explorer while shopping or doing something other then parenting then BB is doomed to languish. These are must have applications make no mistake about it. Other developers will not take any notice of BB if the bigger developers are not supporting the platform. These namesake apps are absolutely vital to the long term success of BB. IMO they are being pushed, pulled and manipulated by the bigger guns as a means to stop BB from gaining traction in the US. If BB does not gain enough support in the US then it is toast. Its really that simple.
    03-05-13 11:22 AM
    Not sure where this whole half-baked comment came from. It is an ignorant comment at best. If you have used the Z10, you would know that the phone has all of the functionality required for any user to complete daily tasks (top of the notch browser, great email, speed, everything for a modern smartphone). If you are saying that it is half-baked because of the lack of apps, then that is not half-baked, it's just the ecosystem is not large and strong enough. C'mon people, I was hoping that this forum provides intelligent and real discussion. If I wanted to read comments as such, I would visit Stocktwits which is filled with comments such as those.
    03-05-13 11:28 AM
    The languishing SP right now is due to lack of big name apps, specifically right now Netflix. If parents can't plug their kids in for Dora the Explorer while shopping or doing something other then parenting then BB is doomed to languish. These are must have applications make no mistake about it. Other developers will not take any notice of BB if the bigger developers are not supporting the platform. These namesake apps are absolutely vital to the long term success of BB. IMO they are being pushed, pulled and manipulated by the bigger guns as a means to stop BB from gaining traction in the US. If BB does not gain enough support in the US then it is toast. Its really that simple.
    Does anyone know why netflix blocks cell phone browsers from accessing streaming through the actual website? The z10's browser is powerful enough to access the regular netflix website just like a laptop/desktop can. I know the website experience probably won't be as good as an app, but the z10's internet browser is better than most cell phones. Hooked up to a big screen through hdmi, browsing the website would be a breeze.
    03-05-13 11:31 AM
    IT really is amazing the number of made up stories. No product and it's a bad . They have product avalible and it's also bad. Everything is spun into a negative light. I have never seen a company bashed like BlackBerry. Apple and Google is trying to beat BlackBerry through pr. They know very well that their phones do not match up to BlackBerry.
    who's on here from the UK that can do channel checks for us. Can we verify/dispute this claim?
    03-05-13 11:34 AM
    I hate to say this but despite markets flying high today BBRY is stubbornly sitting there. Not encouraging.
    Oh no, it's not just sitting there, it's sinking lower. $12.66 right now and plunging....
    03-05-13 11:41 AM
    If the onlty way to make your kids behave while shopping or doing other things is to plop a tv screen in front of them, then it's not just BB that's doomed, its society as a whole.
    zyben, m0de25, primusd and 2 others like this.
    03-05-13 11:47 AM
    All you have to do is look at the author and you'll get the validity level of this.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 11:49 AM
    If the onlty way to make your kids behave while shopping or doing other things is to plop a tv screen in front of them, then it's not just BB that's doomed, its society as a whole.
    Totally agree, and it's very apparent that that's where we are right now. The crime rate is a direct reflection of parental neglect of responsibilities. Oh well, back to the stock thread. lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 11:50 AM
    Oh no, it's not just sitting there, it's sinking lower. $12.66 right now and plunging....
    We clearly have different definitions of the word "Plunging".

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 11:50 AM
    Down 1% is plunging? You've been watching this stock for a while now right? This is the least nervous I've felt in weeks.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 11:51 AM
    Perhaps my comments last week about an $11 share price may not be inaccurate after all...
    03-05-13 11:52 AM
    I think BB PR needs to update everyone including sales estimates, US launch dates, apps release, # of countries launched. We as fans know bit based on these forums and stuff but people who do not visit this site how much they know what's going on..they probably just look at stock price from launch date and discuraged by putting more money in BB.
    03-05-13 11:52 AM
    All you have to do is look at the author and you'll get the validity level of this.
    That bunch must be on a competitor's payroll...
    03-05-13 11:54 AM
113,256 ... 294295296297298 ...