View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They did something like that and it failed because it was stupid. Remember the "Wake Up" campaign? lol. Companies taking shots at each other in campaigns is bad marketing in my opinion. Just make a great product and people will buy it.
    No. I must have slept through that one. LoL

I said "aimed at the shorter's propaganda media fibbers and news "fabricators"." The market manipulators like Canaccord Genuity, etc. Not their competitors.
    03-05-13 08:46 AM
    I dont like this at all... 12,50 needs to hold, or we are going to low 12s
    03-05-13 08:59 AM
    Man, the next few weeks are going to be torture. We've got to get out of this rut and get back over $15 at least. I understand there are still folks waiting to buy in, but they had their chance. Now it's our turn and we want this to go back up now. Can't wait for those quarterly reports.
    03-05-13 09:07 AM
    O Captain Morgan, Where Art Thou? Just wondering if you're (still) long & strong..
    03-05-13 09:13 AM
    Blah. If it goes under 12 in the TSX I might have to just sell. Gaddamnit. Still at 13, so we'll see. The positive news about the German government has crept up to the top of google news when BB is searched tho.
    03-05-13 09:14 AM
    Blah. If it goes under 12 in the TSX I might have to just sell. Gaddamnit. Still at 13, so we'll see. The positive news about the German government has crept up to the top of google news when BB is searched tho.
    Hey Kid, we're in too deep to sell right now. At least wait until the quarterly reports are released in a few weeks. At the very least they will go up slightly higher than they are now. if you're thinking of selling, wait until then and at least get a few more dollars.
    03-05-13 09:17 AM
    Big day today, we need to bounce from here as we are outside the channel.

The chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-5-2013-chart.jpg

This is really simple here, we need to put in a double bottom from last weeks lows and bounce back up. Just like last week when we visited this level ($ 12.60/shr area) we need to find support and rally up from here. I bought another 9.000 at the $ 12.60/shr mark so I know I did my part! This is one of the largest blocks I have ever owned and this thing needs to find its feet. I believe we are victims of the failure to announce the launch date in the US. Without that date, we could hear news that the phone is delayed and that would be terrible. If BlackBerry wants to keep the momo going they need to feed this market something. So far, we have AAPL hitting 52 week lows constantly, NOK is down and now we are getting kicked as well. Lets go BB, you gave us an update on BB 10, let's get an update on the launch!!
    _dimi_, bungaboy, imz and 8 others like this.
    03-05-13 09:18 AM
    03-05-13 09:22 AM
    Totally agree. BB10 has no way to succeed in China before succeed in other countries. Very few people will pay triple price to buy an unknown brand phone which has limited local apps. I think the only opportunity of BB succeed in China is to partner with Lenovo. But not likely to happen, Lenovo is pretty successful in selling Andriod phone and will release Windows phone soon.
    I agree that they need to find a Chinese firm to partner with who would make and sell cheap phones using BB10. The Chinese govt would be in favor because they do not like the domination of Google. I think that the BB7 devices are not competitive because they cost too much to make and the screens are just too small. I think too having a Chinese partner would allow for the development of more apps for that specific marketplace. Eventually having more BB10 devices at the low end will drive demand at the high end. The beauty being that the BB nameplate being reserved for only the mid and top tiered devices. License fees are found money for BB.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-05-13 09:24 AM
    Honestly, I really think that we're outside the channel already. It depends on how the lines are drawn on the chart and my bottom lines (support) are higher than others.

My plan is to wait a couple weeks until closer to earnings and then jump back in. The trend will be a key factor.

Long-term BBRY is still a buy, but we are heading down for a bit (IMO).
    03-05-13 09:30 AM
    YEP, BBRY needs to announce a firm date and (at the very least) hint at great sales numbers if they have them. I know I sound like a broken record and apologize for that. They are allowing an attack on the stock that might actually cause consumers not to be interested in a phone from a company they think might be bought out or go bankruptcy. WE know that probably won't happen, but THEY don't and don't understand the nuances. Imagine if the shorts got killed causing a rally and you saw a headline "BBRY surges on much higher than expected sales of new Z10-phone. US launch scheduled for March 18th." Now that might help the US launch and sales #'s.
    03-05-13 09:31 AM
    Morganplus8, I think the market heard you!
    03-05-13 09:33 AM
    YEP, BBRY needs to announce a firm date and (at the very least) hint at great sales numbers if they have them. I know I sound like a broken record and apologize for that. They are allowing an attack on the stock that might actually cause consumers not to be interested in a phone from a company they think might be bought out or go bankruptcy. WE know that probably won't happen, but THEY don't and don't understand the nuances. I imagine if the shorts got killed causing a rally and you saw a headline "BBRY surges on much higher than expected sales of new Z10-phone. US launch scheduled for March 18th." Now that might help the US launch and sales #'s.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the decline is due to uncertainties with regards to the launch of Q10 rather than U.S. launch date / sales figures of the Z10
    03-05-13 09:36 AM
    Does anybody actually KNOW someone inside Blackberry?? Would be great if they knew how their shareholders were feeling right now. Actually, how we've been feeling since that flubbed launch show. Sorry, just venting....
    Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 09:37 AM
    Apparently I will be able to order the Z10 through T-Mobile business sales on March 11th.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:41 AM
    Does anybody actually KNOW someone inside Blackberry?? Would be great if they knew how their shareholders were feeling right now. Actually, how we've been feeling since that flubbed launch show. Sorry, just venting....
    Prem Watsa is in the Board of Directors I believe he still holds about 52 Mio shares of BBRY through Fairfax Financial Holdings.. his average price is higher than current levels
    03-05-13 09:41 AM
    This is just like waiting for December 25, except earnings release is on March 28.
    03-05-13 09:42 AM
    Yes, we should all be more like Prem Watsa. He is looking at a 3 to 5 yr horizon for BBRY.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 09:43 AM
    My biggest worry is Blackberry announcing that the US introduction will be delayed. If that happens, even a parachute will not help BBRY!
    I would not even think this is possible except for RIM's past history where they have done it before!

Fingers crossed
    03-05-13 09:52 AM
    BBRY is the only red stock in my portfolio today. Looking good lol.
    03-05-13 09:53 AM
    My biggest worry is Blackberry announcing that the US introduction will be delayed. If that happens, even a parachute will not help BBRY!
    I would not even think this is possible except for RIM's past history where they have done it before!

Fingers crossed
    Considering I should be placing my first order with T Mobile next week I think regular consumer launch will follow very shortly after. I don't think there will be any delays.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:55 AM
    Apparently I will be able to order the Z10 through T-Mobile business sales on March 11th.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome news.How were you informed about that?
    03-05-13 09:55 AM
    How were you informed about that?
    Just google tmobile business march 11th, it's all over the place - from a supposedly leaked TMO screen.

Part of the same info says it will launch for consumers for march 27th, but that doesn't sound right - aren't they typically behind by a week on TMO?
    03-05-13 09:58 AM

Fingers crossed
    That is the old RIM.

Look at things since TH has been steering the ship. Look at the new team he has assembled. You don't think he has a plan and is following it?

Look at the first product made under his watch. The Z10. It is a wonderfull piece of technology.

Don't confuse the old RIM with the NEW BlackBerry.
    03-05-13 10:00 AM
    Just google tmobile business march 11th, it's all over the place - from a supposedly leaked TMO screen.

Part of the same info says it will launch for consumers for march 27th, but that doesn't sound right - aren't they typically behind by a week on TMO?
    I wonder why there would be two separate release dates for business and retail? The only thing I can think of is supply restraints.
    03-05-13 10:00 AM
113,256 ... 292293294295296 ...