• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, the German government is on board...I'm buying 5,000 shares tomorrow
    I am amazed that this made zero difference today
    03-04-13 03:59 PM
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Any good news is bumped to the back burner.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-04-13 04:00 PM
    Check Chris Umiastowski's latest article on the price 'drop'..
    Thanks, here's the link:
    Let

Edit: Not sure why the link only says "Let"...lol! Anyways, the title is... "Let’s set the record straight on this crazy price cutting speculative garbage"
    _dimi_, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    03-04-13 04:04 PM
    Notice all these good news were not propagated by the usual bashers Savitz and Vlad. Very few major news outlets picked up the little good news on BB today and over the weekend. I think only Barron did.

Yet when the inital 300K was published by crapaccord a few weeks ago, it was anecdoted like as if someone landed on Mars that day...hahaha. Just shows you the bias in reporting.

I was hoping for a green day today,but I guess we have to wait for a few more days. My technical knowledge is limited but it seems to be a screaming buy just on Money Flow graph alone. Way oversold this puppy is...

Yep, the good news over the weekend made my trigger finger itch as well.

BB may just be feeling the overall negative market sentiment right now and is simply following the water level. We have had some good news stories this past weekend (German gov't, Canaccord estimate correction, OS update to some extent, some new positive articles/reviews, reported sellouts in India, etc). Why hasn't the stock risen on these good news items? Maybe they have simply just counterbalanced what might have been a further drop otherwise. Who knows?
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-06-13 at 03:49 PM.
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    03-04-13 04:05 PM

Price drops and expected lower Service Revenues meant more.
    03-04-13 04:11 PM
    because good news are boring news lol
    03-04-13 04:13 PM
    I think what grated me most today was that after waiting so long for a dip I grew impatient and bought at $13.01 and then it finally did fall...grr.
    Same here. bought at ~$12.93 USD or $13.30 CAD.
    03-04-13 04:13 PM
    because good news are boring news lol
    Eventually, when Blackberry’s official reports are released, these analysts will have to admit they were wrong and will have nowhere to hide. Unfortunately, nobody will hold them accountable for their actions. Personally, I like the tried and true “tar and feather” technique.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-04-13 04:30 PM
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...In more ways than one. Come on TH...Throw the nay sayers under the bus....please.
    03-04-13 05:05 PM

Stock is taking a bit of a beating.
    03-04-13 05:08 PM
    Well. Now I have buy orders set up at 12.51, 12.01, and 11.51. If they keep ignoring the good news I guess we'll have more opps to buy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 05:11 PM
    You may want to go have that crystal ball looked at. It appears to be cracked or otherwise defective. I highly recommend using something a little more professional, like my MAGIC 8 BALL!!
    I just called the manufacturer, they had me run a series of tests and found that it was running a day ahead of itself. They said they have never seen this before but if I do a battery pull it should reset.
    03-04-13 05:27 PM
    I just called the manufacturer, they had me run a series of tests and found that it was running a day ahead of itself. They said they have never seen this before but if I do a battery pull it should reset.
    Hopefully this thing isn't running on QNX :O
    03-04-13 05:30 PM
    Well...all said I think we maintained support and the low volume is the calm before the storm...lots of people sitting on the fence waiting to see whats what with the US sequestration and EU. I'm cheering for an M8 fury with a breakout above

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:16 PM
    Ooops...finger shipped. Breakout above the channel...with large volume. Maybe not tomorrow but all the arrows are pointing up.

Manage your fear...frig that's a hard one to get used too lol.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 06:19 PM
    Well...all said I think we maintained support and the low volume is the calm before the storm...lots of people sitting on the fence waiting to see whats what with the US sequestration and EU. I'm cheering for an M8 fury with a breakout above

Posted via CB10
    Not to be so negative, but closing below 13 was not really maintaining support. Its hanging precariously, hopefully headed up, but today was not a good or even break even day. At some point we are going to have to call it what it appears to be: a breakdown of the rally. Good news could snap this right back, but for now, the trend in not our friend.
    gp656 and Geeoff like this.
    03-04-13 06:42 PM
    Correct but 13.00 is the TSX support...and we are above it...I think the Nasdaq is a bit lower but I haven't been watching it too much. I agree that we do need to make a move soon here.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-04-13 06:49 PM
    Be interested to hear from M8.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-04-13 06:50 PM
    Correct but 13.00 is the TSX support...and we are above it...I think the Nasdaq is a bit lower but I haven't been watching it too much. I agree that we do need to make a move soon here.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. We just need some help, good news gets gobbled up, bad news, even if highly debatable (I am being nice) gets accentuated. If they have decent sales #, now would be a good time to pre-announce. They are falling victim to the poor management of Wall St that has plagued RIMM and now BBRY. They don't play the game and get hammered for it time and time again. I fear the "late" US release, lack of the cr*p apps and now not managing the sales expectations will come back to haunt the stock and company. half truths become truths. I truly hope not, but at some point the idea that they are either going bankrupt or going to be bought, as unlikely and irrational as that is influences consumers decisions and then sales fall and the stock falls and the fallacy creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. RIMM and now BBRY never seemed to get that.
    03-04-13 07:00 PM
    Not to be so negative, but closing below 13 was not really maintaining support. Its hanging precariously, hopefully headed up, but today was not a good or even break even day. At some point we are going to have to call it what it appears to be: a breakdown of the rally. Good news could snap this right back, but for now, the trend in not our friend.
    Don't think its broke down yet. Low volumes and waiting for US sales to start. Of course having some numbers would be good. The media misinformation playing for the shorts sure isn't helping.

Time will tell. Sure looks better than past August when I bought at $7.
    Shanerredflag and Andrew4life like this.
    03-04-13 07:02 PM

Time will tell. Sure looks better than past August when I bought at $7.
    Exactly, BlackBerry doesn't have to set the world on fire to be back in the game. Sales are what they are, it doesn't matter whether it is 300k or 500k, or more. the negative sentiment will change when they light up a few quarters and show they have a competitive product. Results have topped expectations consistently for the last year, they are executing so we really need to look beyond the next quarter to the next year.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 07:25 PM
    Personally, I think this rally's broken down. I'm in cash for a bit until a new trend forms. The earnings report should coincide with a new upward trend either shortly before or shortly after it.

Long-term BBRY is a buy and hold. But right now there's a bit of news lull and so the stock is just drifting.
    03-04-13 07:35 PM
    Looks like the IDC report is what hurt the mobile phone stocks today:

Apple, BlackBerry, Nokia fall on latest data - Telecom Stocks - MarketWatch
    03-04-13 07:52 PM
    Wow, that was a downer of an article.
    03-04-13 08:51 PM
    I think what grated me most today was that after waiting so long for a dip I grew impatient and bought at $13.01 and then it finally did fall...grr.
    Same here. bought at ~$12.93 USD or $13.30 CAD.
    Yep, same same. Got a little itchy around 11 after the 10:30 dip didn't come and things looked like they might swing upward... jumped in at 13.38 CAD or ~13.01 USD.
    03-04-13 08:56 PM
113,256 ... 290291292293294 ...