View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, great point. What I'm more curious about is how the market is going to react when the numbers are released in 3 weeks. Lets say we hit the 1 million mark (unlikely in my books) - is it going to be compared to the days of RIM selling 10 million phones a quarter and seen as a bad result? A bad result because it's not making as much of a dent in competitors numbers as people thought it might? Or maybe a good result because it beat projections? Any one of a hundred different things could happen so it's going to be interesting for sure.
    You still need to take into account all the BBOS devices that will have been sold. I think the Z10 numbers will be in the million range but that's just one device and in less than one full month.
    03-04-13 09:18 AM
    close to 5M shares sold in first 30 min, RSI showing its oversold at 21.27. Might be good time to get in if your still waiting because it cant stay oversold forever.
    I agree that it will probably bounce, but it can stay oversold for a very long time.... and at lower prices. .Be careful out there.
    03-04-13 09:28 AM
    You still need to take into account all the BBOS devices that will have been sold. I think the Z10 numbers will be in the million range but that's just one device and in less than one full month.
    True, but even though Blackberry is going to continue to sell BB7 devices, those aren't really the numbers that people are going to be most interested in. BB7 is going to be great for emerging markets for the next year or two, but investors know that Blackberry sinks or swims based on QNX-based devices.

But you're definitely right on the limited time-period for selling. The 28th report will only be for the Z10s sold in the 28 days in February (not even a full month!). That's one of the reasons that I don't think we'll quite hit a million, but it definitely would be nice.
    03-04-13 09:28 AM
    I think the UK lowering prices is surely a bad thing...
    Is that confirmed? I agree, price cutting in the first month is a bad sign and doesn't bode well for future demand. Props to everyone who has money in this stock, it sure is a big mover. Next news event could move it 25%+ in either direction.... Talk about risk/reward.
    03-04-13 09:30 AM
    sorry... newbie stock question... anyone know how to find real-time tsx quotes?
    Great question. The only place I can find it is on my Sotia itrade account. I don't like having to sign into my account unless I am planning a move. Everywhere else I have found is a 20 minute delay. The stock does move in unison with BBRY on the NASDAQ. The only thing that changes is the currency.
    bungaboy and primusd like this.
    03-04-13 09:31 AM
    We made it to 10:30. Clear sailing from here on in.... fingers crossed!
    Last edited by DragonFlyer; 03-04-13 at 09:56 AM.
    03-04-13 09:33 AM
    Is that confirmed? I agree, price cutting in the first month is a bad sign and doesn't bode well for future demand. Props to everyone who has money in this stock, it sure is a big mover. Next news event could move it 25%+ in either direction.... Talk about risk/reward.
    Yes, it's confirmed on the contract pricing. What people fail to look at though, is that the terms of the contract aren't the same. The out of the gate price for the phone may be less but the plan itself isn't as good. The retailer in this case will make more money so although on the surface it looks like a price drop, it really isn't.
    03-04-13 09:34 AM
    Marky! Relax!

The market will likely open down tomorrow which won't help BBRY at all. You always have time to buy more stock as long as it behaves and trades inside the channel. I laugh at those requests to see it at $ 12.00/shr as the chart would be ruined and I would be selling! Let's see how it handles the weak opening in the general market. I'm looking to buy another block but it has to stay above $ 13.00 or I don't want it. Good luck.
    We are dangerously close to $13.00 right now. I suspect M+8 means a $13 close, but I hope somebody steps in and supports the stock at $13.00 and it bounces for an above $13.50 close.
    Great question. The only place I can find it is on my Sotia itrade account. I don't like having to sign into my account unless I am planning a move. Everywhere else I have found is a 20 minute delay. The stock does move in unison with BBRY on the NASDAQ. The only thing that changes is the currency.
    most trading software/sites does real-time (waterhouse, itrade, etc). otherwise, you can expect it to be within a few cents of the US market
    primusd likes this.
    True, but even though Blackberry is going to continue to sell BB7 devices, those aren't really the numbers that people are going to be most interested in. BB7 is going to be great for emerging markets for the next year or two, but investors know that Blackberry sinks or swims based on QNX-based devices.

But you're definitely right on the limited time-period for selling. The 28th report will only be for the Z10s sold in the 28 days in February (not even a full month!). That's one of the reasons that I don't think we'll quite hit a million, but it definitely would be nice.
    I do not think that you can take the legacy devices for granted. What if they sell 700,000 Z10s but lose 1.5 million in legacy sales. What if the drop off is faster than the take up.
    03-04-13 09:38 AM
    Seems the London Financial Times likes the Z10.

BlackBerry Z10 - Phones - How To Spend It
    03-04-13 09:39 AM
    Thanks... figured out how to get real-time through my trading account.
    03-04-13 09:42 AM
    I do not think that you can take the legacy devices for granted. What if they sell 700,000 Z10s but lose 1.5 million in legacy sales. What if the drop off is faster than the take up.
    This. We may still see a drop in subscribers - that dropoff began in the last quarter, and the loss of legacy sales/subscribers is likely to continue. It's also unlikely that one month of sales of Z10 is enough to make up for that. I *think* this is already priced into the stock, though. Although with the wild price swings we see, who knows...
    03-04-13 09:44 AM
    I have been looking for a solution too. But it's always delayed by 15 mins unless you are signed in, which I don't want either.
    What I have figured though, is that for the past week or so, you can add 40 cents to the Nasdaq quote (which I get in real time through an app), and it's pretty accurate.
    03-04-13 09:50 AM

I think the most important number is going to be subscriber base. If they can turn that number back up from 79million to 80million it will be a huge indication of a turn around. I don't doubt they will do this, I just don't know if they had enough time this past quarter.
    03-04-13 09:54 AM
    I think the most important number is going to be subscriber base. If they can turn that number back up from 79million to 80million it will be a huge indication of a turn around. I don't doubt they will do this, I just don't know if they had enough time this past quarter.
    I expect we'll be down to between 76- and 78 million. I just hope that the street is expecting this too

Longer term, I expect it to recover but it's gonna be at least another 1-2 quarters before that can happen.
    03-04-13 09:55 AM

03-04-13 09:55 AM
    I can not see a subscriber increase until they get a cheap BB10 model for the third world .
    Geeoff likes this.
    03-04-13 10:00 AM
    I can not see a subscriber increase until they get a cheap BB10 model for the third world .
    Unless there is a substitution effect, whereby higher-end users in the developing world shift to BB10, with a new user taking over their previous BB device (this will happen, but with some percentage being already existing users just upgrading to newer non-BB10)
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-04-13 10:06 AM
    "Originally Posted by DragonFlyer

just filled half my order 13.39 on tsx
    anyone else pull the trigger yet"

I did at $13.40
    Me too, my 1550 order didn't trigger at my $13.32 limit... so I changed it to $13.39 and it went through (I'm happy with that, even if it goes into the 12s in the coming weeks for whatever reason)

Commence positive news!!!
    03-04-13 10:30 AM
    "Originally Posted by DragonFlyer

just filled half my order 13.39 on tsx
    anyone else pull the trigger yet"

Me too, my 1550 order didn't trigger at my $13.32 limit... so I changed it to $13.39 and it went through (I'm happy with that, even if it goes into the 12s in the coming weeks for whatever reason)

Commence positive news!!!
    Trigger pulled on 85% of order @ $CAD 13.38 (which covers my full long play). A little more left to play short if there's a sudden drop leading up to launch/ER... but I'd be fine if the climb now gets underway.
    03-04-13 10:39 AM
    I keep putting an order in for 1,000 at $8.00 and it never gets filled. Hmmm....
    Andrew4life likes this.
    03-04-13 10:41 AM
    I did at $13.40
    Trigger pulled on 85% of order @ $CAD 13.38 (which covers my full long play). A little more left to play short if there's a sudden drop leading up to launch/ER... but I'd be fine if the climb now gets underway.
    Nice, good way to cover
    03-04-13 10:44 AM
    I keep putting an order in for 1,000 at $8.00 and it never gets filled. Hmmm....
    Maybe BB will decide to split the stock this week, so you may get lucky
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-04-13 10:45 AM
    Is it just on my end?... only 7.5M shares traded so far on the Nasdaq? Wow, super low volumes today.
    03-04-13 10:47 AM
113,250 ... 286287288289290 ...