View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    300-800k means they don't have the slightest clue and to think they get paid for their so called research.
    I think the new number is in the right ballpark, but their justification for the increase is out to lunch.

Really? You think 300k units sold in the UK and Canada in 3 weeks, and then adding India/Indonesia/UAE/Saudi Arabia/South Africa/etc more than doubled Z10 sales?
    03-04-13 07:12 AM
    All of the good news is making me nauseous... Some of us are trying to time a buy here, so cool it with the positivity, folks! (I'll let you know when I pull the trigger, so you'll know when you can resume, lol).
    03-04-13 07:31 AM
    All of the good news is making me nauseous... Some of us are trying to time a buy here, so cool it with the positivity, folks! (I'll let you know when I pull the trigger, so you'll know when you can resume, lol).
    where would you want to buy, if not here? 12ish + is a bottom, we have tested 13$ several times and held... Might drop for a few hours to 12.7, but thats it. Are you willing to wait for those 0.60cents to drop?
    03-04-13 08:04 AM
    I've said 1.5 million all along...in fact, I believe I even said 2 million at one point.
    I'd love it if you were right but my guess is a fair bit lower than that and I have my reasons. What period of time is this guess for?
    03-04-13 08:12 AM
    I think the new number is in the right ballpark, but their justification for the increase is out to lunch.

Really? You think 300k units sold in the UK and Canada in 3 weeks, and then adding India/Indonesia/UAE/Saudi Arabia/South Africa/etc more than doubled Z10 sales?
    Well they did say their initial estimates for Canada and the UK were too low and then adding in the other launches would help as well. But like you, I also think their 800k estimate is a pretty good one.
    03-04-13 08:24 AM
    Super quiet pre-market. I wonder what's going to happen at the bell.
    03-04-13 08:26 AM
    Well they did say their initial estimates for Canada and the UK were too low and then adding in the other launches would help as well. But like you, I also think their 800k estimate is a pretty good one.
    And the other thing--they more than double the estimated number of Z10 sales, and yet their new EPS estimate changed by ~10%. I'd love to see how that math works.
    mangofed likes this.
    03-04-13 08:32 AM
    Ok, you guys/gals that are hoping the price remains low so you can buy in hurry up. The rest of us are ready for this thing to take off now.
    mangofed and m0de25 like this.
    03-04-13 08:35 AM
    Why are we down on good news?
    03-04-13 08:35 AM
    where would you want to buy, if not here? 12ish + is a bottom, we have tested 13$ several times and held... Might drop for a few hours to 12.7, but thats it. Are you willing to wait for those 0.60cents to drop?
    Yeah, don't wanna appear too gready but I would love to at least grab near the bottom for once... I'm on TSX so I'm staring down $13.63 at Friday closing. If the price was on par with the Nasdaq, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger at where it is now (lower $13).

As far as the $0.60 difference, it adds up with volume, not that I'll be buying 1000's of shares, but still.
    primusd and cjcampbell like this.
    03-04-13 08:38 AM
    Ok, you guys/gals that are hoping the price remains low so you can buy in hurry up. The rest of us are ready for this thing to take off now.
    Lol! I'm just waiting for Canaccord to readjust their sales estimates back down to sub 200k right around the 10:30am mark, then my finger will pounce on the trigger Will just wait for the supposed morning dip (though it hasn't followed this pattern in the last few trading days), and I'll likely add my shares.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-04-13 08:44 AM
    Hi gang!
    On my way to Kenya... should not be very active for 10 days
    Stay calm be bold!
    I've read many good reviews about BlackBerry 10 in France... just to let you know before I jump in my plane

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lcjr and m0de25 like this.
    03-04-13 08:46 AM
    [Apologies in advance for the poor print quality of the charts]

Hello again,

I have produced two charts below to show my analysis on the BBRY stock. One is a long term chart and the second is a medium term one.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-lt-001.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-lt-002.jpg

The first one shows the BBRY stock price going back to 2004. Over the nine years, the share price bounced off the $35 level 4 times with the level flipping from resistance to support and vice versa. This would be my long term target.

However, the current trend line in the 2nd chart must hold and stay intact. At the moment, the trend line is now sitting at $12 and rising every day. By the end of this month, the trend line will be at the $13 mark which is when the ER will take place. Should the trend line break, meaning the stock price falls below the line, then I would sell my stock. Remember what Morganplus8 said earlier, the bears are in control of the stock and if the price falls below the trendline, the bulls will disappear. By then, I would imagine news would have had the effect of driving the price down. Morganplus8 said that news trumps everything else.

This month I am waiting to hear the release date of the Z10s in the States, BlackBerry's biggest market. This will drive the stock price in the near term before the ER. As I said in a previous post, I see BBRY as a recovery play and hope to be holding this stock for a long time!

I am primarily a currency trader, and will cover equities as well. I have been trading for 5 years now. Technical analysis (TA) takes up 80% of my decision making with the remainder in fundamental analysis (FA). Trading requires a good understanding of both TA and FA as well as having very good discipline, patience and position sizing. I made losses in the first 3 years of trading before I turned it round. These losses were painful to take but I learnt my lessons and understood the importance of entering into a trade at the right time and planning my exit. This requires patience and my motto is "good things come to those who wait!".

So, as much as I like the Z10 as a phone, I will have no hesitation in getting out of this stock if the share price falls away, breaking the trendline, because there is no room for sentiment in this business.

Good trading.
    03-04-13 08:46 AM
    In for another 500 @ 13.54 on the TSE
    03-04-13 08:50 AM
    Hi gang!
    Stay calm be bold!
    I've read many good reviews about BlackBerry 10 in France... just to let you know before I jump in my plane

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy your trip. Be safe. Looking forward to your return.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-04-13 09:05 AM
    just filled half my order 13.39 on tsx
    anyone else pull the trigger yet
    03-04-13 09:05 AM
    03-04-13 09:06 AM
    close to 5M shares sold in first 30 min, RSI showing its oversold at 21.27. Might be good time to get in if your still waiting because it cant stay oversold forever.
    03-04-13 09:08 AM
    I did at $13.40
    03-04-13 09:10 AM
    Hi gang!
    Stay calm be bold!

Posted via CB10
    Safe travels and hope you'll only be in Nairobi... seems like things are heating up with the election today especially outside the big cities (some polls have already been cancelled and pushed to next Monday). Going to be tense for a while over there...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-04-13 09:12 AM
    They're really trying to push this thing down though. Where are the bulls?
    03-04-13 09:12 AM
    I think the UK lowering prices is surely a bad thing...
    03-04-13 09:13 AM
    And the other thing--they more than double the estimated number of Z10 sales, and yet their new EPS estimate changed by ~10%. I'd love to see how that math works.
    Yeah, great point. What I'm more curious about is how the market is going to react when the numbers are released in 3 weeks. Lets say we hit the 1 million mark (unlikely in my books) - is it going to be compared to the days of RIM selling 10 million phones a quarter and seen as a bad result? A bad result because it's not making as much of a dent in competitors numbers as people thought it might? Or maybe a good result because it beat projections? Any one of a hundred different things could happen so it's going to be interesting for sure.
    03-04-13 09:14 AM
    Also, time to see if we hold $13 again.
    03-04-13 09:14 AM
    I did at $13.40
    On a Monday, I rarely buy in the morning. Good thing today.
    03-04-13 09:15 AM
113,250 ... 285286287288289 ...