View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Did you not read the sign on the door on your way in bro ?

Sell! Sell! Sell! and don't buy again tomorrow. Have fun!
    03-03-13 10:37 PM
    Any idea on time and price? Do you think we will have a dip mid morning?
    Thinking the same. Had a lengthy discussion with my FA today and said I wanted to buy one more round of shares tomorrow. He said no, I said yes...and this went on for 20 minutes. I got the "it's your money" line when we were done and he's left it up to me. I know he's got my best interests at heart and I don't like moving contrary to his advice. But this is tugging at me and I don't know what to do or when to do it. It's even worse now that I understand Morgan+8's charts lol. Oh well, hoping for the best for everyone!!!
    03-03-13 10:37 PM
    With the way the stock has been trading, it's such a tough call. I was hoping for a little bit more of a dip in the next few days but with the news this weekend, I don't think it's going to happen.
    You still might get your chance. With this stock, the news and the corresponding reactions in share price seem to be pretty much random.
    03-03-13 10:58 PM
    Thinking the same. Had a lengthy discussion with my FA today and said I wanted to buy one more round of shares tomorrow. He said no, I said yes...and this went on for 20 minutes. I got the "it's your money" line when we were done and he's left it up to me. I know he's got my best interests at heart and I don't like moving contrary to his advice. But this is tugging at me and I don't know what to do or when to do it. It's even worse now that I understand Morgan+8's charts lol. Oh well, hoping for the best for everyone!!!
    Marky! Relax!

The market will likely open down tomorrow which won't help BBRY at all. You always have time to buy more stock as long as it behaves and trades inside the channel. I laugh at those requests to see it at $ 12.00/shr as the chart would be ruined and I would be selling! Let's see how it handles the weak opening in the general market. I'm looking to buy another block but it has to stay above $ 13.00 or I don't want it. Good luck.
    03-03-13 11:10 PM
    You still might get your chance. With this stock, the news and the corresponding reactions in share price seem to be pretty much random.
    It's a tough call. I don't see any reason for it to drop, but at the same time I see no reason for it to have dropped as low as it has already. What I do see, however, is reason for it to go up and the German gov buying in for the first time ever is one **** of a good reason.
    03-03-13 11:10 PM
    Morgan, you said look for a drop first thing. I ask why you would expect that after good new this weekend?
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-03-13 11:30 PM
    Morgan, you said look for a drop first thing. I ask why you would expect that after good new this weekend?
    Because I'm a sceptic! LOL

I'm the one that sees a clear cut bullish trade here but I always believe the bears will raid the stock every chance they get. So I temper my view and prepare for a very short and negative trade followed by some buying. I'm very long the trade and will be buying even more as long as the price doesn't violate the bullish trend. If it drops at all, I'll purchase a block tomorrow morning, we haven't even begun to hear the good news, the Z10 is such a great product. Now the battery won't even discharge for christs sake!
    03-03-13 11:58 PM
    These guys must be short as the haven't let up, but they now say 300-800k sales go figure!

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/03/res...rom-canaccord/
    03-04-13 12:20 AM
    Lol...Dude, I guess ya have a fifty percent shot a being correct.

Posted via CB10
    Off topic but it's almost your 1000th post!
    03-04-13 12:22 AM
    Canaccord backtracked on their 300k estimate. They are now saying 800k. Too bad. I was hoping for the low estimate so bbry could crush earnings.

03-04-13 12:29 AM
    Canaccord backtracked on their 300k estimate. They are now saying 800k. Too bad. I was hoping for the low estimate so bbry could crush earnings.

That's quite the bump. More than doubling their estimate. Guess they don't want to look like they really have zero idea as to what's going on. I still think that's quite a conservative estimate though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-04-13 12:37 AM
    "However, carrier support for Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) 10 in the U.S. is modest, as demonstrated by Sprint only planning to launch the Q10 and T-Mobile only the Z10. "

That statement is laughable. Sprint doesn't want to carry the z10 bc they need to get rid of the huge surplus of iphone 5's they have laying around. How can canaccord determine that carrier support is modest if the phone hasn't even been released there yet? All the major carriers will be carrying it besides Sprint.

If the phone was out and the carriers weren't advertising/pushing it then I could understand that statement. Canaccord is completely lost.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-04-13 12:44 AM
    Marky! Relax!

The market will likely open down tomorrow which won't help BBRY at all. You always have time to buy more stock as long as it behaves and trades inside the channel. I laugh at those requests to see it at $ 12.00/shr as the chart would be ruined and I would be selling! Let's see how it handles the weak opening in the general market. I'm looking to buy another block but it has to stay above $ 13.00 or I don't want it. Good luck.
    Thank-you, I needed that lol !! G'night.
    03-04-13 12:57 AM

There is absolutely zero credibility in any Canaccord's estimate. Their number was based on how much short position they had covered. I think they will bump up this number more in a weak or two when they covered their short position. Then they will change the tone 180 degree when they become long in this stock.
    Did this same firm give PT of $200 during peak of RIMM?

Let us set the record straight for future to see how wrong (or how manipulative) Canaccord can be:
    On 12/13/12, Canaccord reaffirmed its buy rating on Apple with TP of $800 while maintain its sell rating on BBRY with TP of $9.
    On that day, Appl and BBRY closed at $596.20 and $11.87.
    If you followed Canaccord's advice, bought $10000 of Appl and shorted equal BBRY with equal $, how much did you lose already.
    More importantly, with above trades, you will lose much much more in next year or two
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 03-04-13 at 01:38 AM.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 12:59 AM
    lol 300k to 800k = I really don't know but I'm going to use a huge spread to cover myself from my previous guess. That's the same thing as saying 550k plus or minus 50%. Why give an estimate at all?
    joe.miller and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 01:14 AM
    300-800k means they don't have the slightest clue and to think they get paid for their so called research.
    Acumenight and joe.miller like this.
    03-04-13 01:20 AM
    Ha, just read that article. Well, atleast it could give the stock a small bump before earnings.
    03-04-13 02:53 AM

That's quite a switch in thinking. I hope those analysts aren't paid much
    03-04-13 05:04 AM
    "However, carrier support for Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) 10 in the U.S. is modest, as demonstrated by Sprint only planning to launch the Q10 and T-Mobile only the Z10. "

That statement is laughable. Sprint doesn't want to carry the z10 bc they need to get rid of the huge surplus of iphone 5's they have laying around. How can canaccord determine that carrier support is modest if the phone hasn't even been released there yet? All the major carriers will be carrying it besides Sprint.

If the phone was out and the carriers weren't advertising/pushing it then I could understand that statement. Canaccord is completely lost.

Apple controls the US(SR)
    03-04-13 05:07 AM
    That's quite the bump. More than doubling their estimate. Guess they don't want to look like they really have zero idea as to what's going on. I still think that's quite a conservative estimate though.

I've said 1.5 million all along...
    03-04-13 05:09 AM

I've said 1.5 million all along...in fact, I believe I even said 2 million at one point.
    03-04-13 05:10 AM
    Premarket is slow this Monday morning
    03-04-13 06:39 AM
    So we expecting the recent trend around 10/10:30 for a little dip? I think today might finally be my day to get in...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:57 AM
    So we expecting the recent trend around 10/10:30 for a little dip? I think today might finally be my day to get in...

Posted via CB10

I'm hoping.
    03-04-13 06:59 AM
    300-800k means they don't have the slightest clue and to think they get paid for their so called research.
    Agree 100%...how can they justify such a huge swing...shameful. I think it borders on fraud...they should be investigated, fined and license pulled!

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane and bungaboy like this.
    03-04-13 07:00 AM
113,250 ... 284285286287288 ...