View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not to bring in the politics of it all... but with the sequester kicking in, does anyone think this is going to make an impact on Monday's opening (for BBRY and markets more generally)?
    03-01-13 08:44 PM
    Who knows. Anything can swing BBRY these days.

That being said, since the impending release of the Z10 in the US is going to be within a week or two on Monday, it might not go much further down.
    03-01-13 09:22 PM
    Hello all, speaking of predictions, was wondering if you could help with a question. Will the next 2 to 3 weeks be the last chance for the shorts to have a really good kick at the cat before the U.S launch and almost simultaneous ER comes out? Or will the manipulators keep on manipulating (to the extent that they are now, for instance the most recent Barron's garbage) throughout the rest of the year, into next, etc, etc? Once the current 13-14 dollar bubble bursts and the shorts have failed after the stock pops, will this venomous manipulation recur at the 20-22 dollar level, the 45 mark, the 60 mark.....or at any other plateau that's created by a lack of "good news" stimulus?

I hope someone understands what I'm asking and I apologize in advance if I'm sounding newbish cause admittedly, I am. I'm still learning about all of this stuff, reading the posts here every day and following up with research into everything I can including BB(RY) and am wondering when (or if) the vipers will ever go away? On one hand it's fascinating, on the other it's laughable. And oh yeah....a bit frustrating too.

Thanks everyone, appreciate your thoughts and insight!!
    03-01-13 10:21 PM
    Not to bring in the politics of it all... but with the sequester kicking in, does anyone think this is going to make an impact on Monday's opening (for BBRY and markets more generally)?
    Not really...we are already small potatoes and artificially low in the states...long and proud.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:22 PM
    03-01-13 10:24 PM
    Hello all, speaking of predictions, was wondering if you could help with a question. Will the next 2 to 3 weeks be the last chance for the shorts to have a really good kick at the cat before the U.S launch and almost simultaneous ER comes out? Or will the manipulators keep on manipulating (to the extent that they are now, for instance the most recent Barron's garbage) throughout the rest of the year, into next, etc, etc? Once the current 13-14 dollar bubble bursts and the shorts have failed after the stock pops, will this venomous manipulation recur at the 20-22 dollar level, the 45 mark, the 60 mark.....or at any other plateau that's created by a lack of "good news" stimulus?

I hope someone understands what I'm asking and I apologize in advance if I'm sounding newbish cause admittedly, I am. I'm still learning about all of this stuff, reading the posts here every day and following up with research into everything I can including BB(RY) and am wondering when (or if) the vipers will ever go away? On one hand it's fascinating, on the other it's laughable. And oh yeah....a bit frustrating too.

Quick answer...no, the shorts have a TON of money to play with. That's the down side, bright side is despite all the strategic "news" articles and dooms day reports we are stable and have found support at 13.00. TA suggests if we maintain and break through 50dma in the next week of trading we should go upward with positive news...positive numbers never hurt and great numbers on the 28th would be even better...I'm not going to predict either way because I'm not qualified...but I'm in, long and feeling comfortable. Hope this helps.
    BBNation and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-01-13 10:51 PM

I am in no means a professional but I will deffinately share my opinion.
    I think there will always be people trying to short this stock. The difference will be they will have less control. This stock is still considerd to be high-risk in the general market. To me it looks like a sure thing. There is a lot of money out there that can't invest in this stock because of the risk. Once BlackBerry has proved itself we should see more big money going long and taking control from the shorties.
    Also I believe a lot of those enterprise users that have been forced to use a BB even though they don't want to will change there tune when they are upgraded to the Z10. Generally these people make a good salary and like to invest some of there earnings in things they like. With a new and improved outlook on BlackBerry they will invest a little money in them.
    At this point the shorts will only try to take advantage of things that cause the share price to retreat but will not be able to control them.
    This is the way I think it works, but as far as what I actualy know, I know this is a good company to invest in and I am here for the long haul.
    03-01-13 10:57 PM
    Thanks thus far guys, I'm in for the long haul too. And this is helpful info. I really want to increase the number of shares I proudly own and am trying to posture for the right time.....which I suspect is within the 2-3 week time frame I mentioned above. I too am confident in the company and I'm not worried about the long term successes it's going to revel in.
    03-01-13 11:27 PM
    Thanks thus far guys, I'm in for the long haul too. And this is helpful info. I really want to increase the number of shares I proudly own and am trying to posture for the right time.....which I suspect is within the 2-3 week time frame I mentioned above. I too am confident in the company and I'm not worried about the long term successes it's going to revel in.
    I'm in the same position. Before this week I was waiting for it to drop below 12 before doubling up but now I don't think it will below 13. I will probably fill half my order on Monday or Teusday. I'm on the BB.TSX by the way which is now higher than the BBRY.NASDAQ because of the currency flop. Good luck and remember when this stock hits 50 are you going to care weather you bought at 12 or 15
    03-01-13 11:47 PM

It depends on which side is controlling (paying) the media and bloggers. Under one scenario that if GS can convince her deep pocket clients that BBRY will be the big turn-around story in the coming years and bought in and lock out 200+ million shares from the market, and on March 28, Blackberry reports huge sales number in Feb with some modest earning (instead of -40c lose), then the will rock like **** and all the shorts will be burned to the ground. When all the shorts are forced to cover it, then the long side hedge funds will pay the media and bloggers to report the good news (only the good news) every day and night to drive the stock price all the way to whatever level we could not image at this moment, just like those analysts raised the PT to $1500 on the day when APPL stock went above $700.
    I am holding (buying some more before March 28) and waiting such day coming. Then I will sell them all and retire.
    03-02-13 12:47 AM
    Allright gang, that's the Weekend !
    Enjoy it, keep calm, relax.

The more I read "desperate house analysts" the more I'm now certain "we" won the highly important battle, the first one : Create a brand new platform, a device range, a back end solution, bundle it and put it to the market. This.is.done.
    Don't press the "reply with quote" right now, I'm no stupid and I know US has not started yet.
    With all the respect I have for America (don,'t get vexed, please), in general, it's not that important regarding this battle #1.

Let's time shift two years back and pretend BB10 was here.
    You know what ? I believe BB would be dead right now.
    Why ?
    Timing. Wrong timing.
    apple was strong, very, very strong and the ifones still very trendy and one step ahead.
    samsung and android were the nerds tech of choice and the high-mid-low costs range darling.
    Those two together could have killed BB10 in the egg. They would probably have.

I'm not saying late is best ... but sometime, last is better.
    03-02-13 01:51 AM
    I just read the bgr article about the percentage of Z10 buyers coming from other platforms. I noticed that the actual wording was that these buyers " did not have a blackberry". Are we jumping the gun in assuming that people are leaving iOS and android? Couldn't this category be users leaving their feature phones too?
    03-02-13 08:09 AM
    Another positive article about the new update and battery saving improvements in PC Magazine.

First BlackBerry 10 Update Targets Battery Life, More
    First BlackBerry 10 Update Targets Battery Life, More | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    03-02-13 08:09 AM
    I just read the bgr article about the percentage of Z10 buyers coming from other platforms. I noticed that the actual wording was that these buyers " did not have a blackberry". Are we jumping the gun in assuming that people are leaving iOS and android? Couldn't this category be users leaving their feature phones too?
    "we" did not make the claim. It was made by Thorsten Heins and others. Thorsten doesn't look good in "stripes" so I doubt he would be making false statements that would land him in the hoosegow.
    03-02-13 08:12 AM
    For those of you that may have missed it .
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ld-out-777517/
    03-02-13 09:49 AM
    Thanks for sharing this.
    03-02-13 09:57 AM
    It depends on which side is controlling (paying) the media and bloggers. Under one scenario that if GS can convince her deep pocket clients that BBRY will be the big turn-around story in the coming years and bought in and lock out 200+ million shares from the market, and on March 28, Blackberry reports huge sales number in Feb with some modest earning (instead of -40c lose), then the will rock like **** and all the shorts will be burned to the ground. When all the shorts are forced to cover it, then the long side hedge funds will pay the media and bloggers to report the good news (only the good news) every day and night to drive the stock price all the way to whatever level we could not image at this moment, just like those analysts raised the PT to $1500 on the day when APPL stock went above $700.
    I am holding (buying some more before March 28) and waiting such day coming. Then I will sell them all and retire.
    Wow, insider trading pales in comparison to this kind of stuff if it's actually that blatant!! Where's the U.S SEC in all of this??? Oh well, I guess this is why my financial advisor told me I'd be in for a wild ride if I did this. BB is the only stock that I've ever "hand picked" for my portfolio and I had to sign my life away to allow it. And he hates it when I call 'cause he knows what I'm going to ask for lol (more stock!!). Got to admit though....it's been sort of fun thus far.

But I'll tell 'ya, there's one thing I want more than anything else in the coming weeks. I want to see Jim Cramer and Maria Bartiromo eat their words...and their iPhones...when they get their Z (or Q) 10's. They are vicious and I hate them. If they can find it in their hearts to broadcast the truth about BB one day, I'll start watching CNBC again. And I'll stop making fun of Bartiromo's really bad make-up. There...I feel much better.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-02-13 10:16 AM
    Hi Gang!

Here are a couple of charts that may seem obvious now but some good things did happen so I'll point them out.

Chart #1 the big picture:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-1-2013-chart.jpg

We endeared a battle here and won, the stock price ended the week unchanged and the volume backed off and now we are set to challenge the 50-dma. The 5-dma is support, it will be breached during the day but the uptrend line is the base for any quick sell-off and then we regain the 5-dma. The 5-dma will move sideways to slightly upward thus forcing us to challenge the 50-dma. Can anyone think of a way that the 50-dma will go unchallenged leading into a product launch and earnings? I think not. So we should hit $ 13.99/shr, break above it, and go for the resolution of the sym-triangle, all within the next 6 days or so. Look back at the 3 weeks preceding the launch of the Z10 to see how crazy trading was, we could see plenty of that!

The Sym-traingle:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-1a-2013-chart.jpg

This is where the battle takes place, we need to gain the 50-dma, then rally to the top of this triangle, and then break above it, confirm the move and rally from there. What is likely to happen is that we break above all of this, and rally to the old highs and await the news. If the news is stellar, we can run to the top of the channel which is around $ 22.00/shr. To get there, we will have to fight the RSI at 70 which will occur around $ 17.50/shr and continue to rally well into that over-bought resistance. So you have to make some decisions when we approach RSI = 70 plus here, just like in the past.

It is amazing that we stopped the sell-off at $ 13.00/shr this past week. There is zero support there other than the sym-triangle and it held the stock. The bulls are there to support he stock, they can run it up a $ 1 in minutes. We have a huge (135,000,000 plus Canada) short position to help us here but the only way they will capitulate is to see concrete news that the valuation of the stock belongs around $ 20.00 plus. We don't have that yet. GL
    03-02-13 10:26 AM
    As always... thanks for taking the time, morganplus8!!! Appreciate the insights!
    fedakd likes this.
    03-02-13 10:37 AM
    Thanks M8. I was waiting for this thing to fall into $11-12 range but it doesn't appear that it will. Hopefully it won't go up too much more before I can buy some more.
    03-02-13 11:05 AM
    Thanks M8. I was waiting for this thing to fall into $11-12 range but it doesn't appear that it will. Hopefully it won't go up too much more before I can buy some more.
    Thanks Charles,

Don't get me wrong here, the stock can still fall, there is a 75% chance that the sym-triangle moves in the direction of the initial trend which is up. Bad news or a general market sell-off will take this one down too. If everything holds here, i.e., the market holds roughly even, the trend should resume to the upside. It is possible to trade this one daily now, inside that tight channel that was started mid-week. We will only know with time whether the general market will allow BBRY to rally from here. There is a ton of news coming and as you well know, news determines the price of the stock. TA is only really good at determining the range the stock can trade within while we wait for more inputs to occur.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-02-13 11:27 AM
    According to pure TA, last four days show that price is ready to drop sharply to $11-12. Also, Market is positioned in the way that economy has to be cooled down. Enjoy!
    03-02-13 12:14 PM
    According to pure TA, last four days show that price is ready to drop sharply to $11-12. Also, Market is positioned in the way that economy has to be cooled down. Enjoy!
    Please explain...curious to hear your take on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:24 PM
    So one of CB fan who reported that per his reliable source first shipment of 35k sold out and 2nd shipment is coming on Mar 5th. I checked his profile and he seems to be connected with BB India.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-02-13 12:47 PM
    haha, your TA compared morgan8's is far superior! Thanks for all the useful advise. I guess i should short the stock right? \sarcasm
    Markymark 23, bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    03-02-13 12:48 PM
113,256 ... 281282283284285 ...