View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well I was at the hospital getting some tests this morning and the Nurse asked me if I had the new Blackberry phone yet?

I told her I did but had left it outside. (I am old school and don't bring cell phones into Hospitals LoL)

I explained a few things to her about the HUB and peek and camera and keyboard.

She said it sounded good and "I hate to have to keep pushing that button on my iPhone to do stuff".

Another convert? LoL
    03-01-13 12:14 PM
    Guys, we are rolling out 5+ daily and we will also offer the Q10. Our IT division likes to offer its employees (me) choice ;-)
    Judging by your avatar, you either work at the Royal Canadian Mint, or a bank... (I'm not a detective, but I play one on tv... lol)

Wherever you work, great to hear that you guys are getting stock!
    fedakd, Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    03-01-13 12:17 PM
    Major Canadian Corporation with thousands of employees. We have already begun the roll-out of Z10s Canada-wide ;-)

Attachment 138660

And yes, BES10 is installed & good to go!
    Fedakd my oldest, best friend! Help a buddy out, would you? I sure could use one of those phones - show some international kindness for your best friend here in the south!

morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    03-01-13 12:18 PM
    Fedakd my oldest, best friend! Help a buddy out, would you? I sure could use one of those phones - show some international kindness for your best friend here in the south!

Maybe a second for your second best friend down here????
    fedakd likes this.
    03-01-13 12:51 PM
    Hey, is this what a normal stock is like? More-or-less flat unless something important happens?

I mean.. the price hasn't moved for nearly two whole hours!

Blergh. How boring. Somebody start a juicy rumor or something.
    03-01-13 01:20 PM
    Ok then so the rumor is that blackberry has sold over ten million units worldwide
    03-01-13 01:24 PM
    Hey, is this what a normal stock is like? More-or-less flat unless something important happens?

I mean.. the price hasn't moved for nearly two whole hours!

Blergh. How boring. Somebody start a juicy rumor or something.
    LOL really ?
    From 13.03 to 13.78, we've known wildest roller-coasters, but I don't think this is "flat"
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-01-13 01:27 PM
    LOL really ?
    From 13.03 to 13.78, we've known wildest roller-coasters, but I don't think this is "flat"
    That was earlier. It's been flat on nasdaq since a little after noon - hovering within one or two cents of open in either direction.
    03-01-13 01:29 PM
    LOL really ?
    love what you've done with the highlighting. charting fundamentals right there
    03-01-13 01:30 PM
    LOL really ?
    Wow, your charts are looking more and more like M8's charts. All you need now are two lines touching the high high with low high and the high low with low low and you have a channel of the trend. Then add your analysis narratives and you're there...
    03-01-13 01:41 PM
    That was earlier. It's been flat on nasdaq since a little after noon - hovering within one or two cents of open in either direction.
    love what you've done with the highlighting. charting fundamentals right there
    That's only for the show . Get ready for the rocket next week. Why ?
    Ok, ok ... because I made it ... again
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    Source? Or are you the one starting the rumour?

Ok then so the rumor is that blackberry has sold over ten million units worldwide
    03-01-13 01:44 PM
    Hey people I have a theory and would love some input.
    In India people are upgrading from there old BBs to the new Z10.
    In turn there old BB is going to someone less fortunate and being re-activated.
    Bottom line shows BB is picking up new BB10 customers without affecting their older user base.
    I know it doesn't work like that in my corner of the world, but in a world without phone contracts I would suspect things to be different.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    03-01-13 01:53 PM
    That rumor seems just as factual as some of the ridiculous hit pieces being published by the short-mongers.
    jarrodmeyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-01-13 01:54 PM
    Hey people I have a theory and would love some input.
    In India people are upgrading from there old BBs to the new Z10.
    In turn there old BB is going to someone less fortunate and being re-activated.
    Bottom line shows BB is picking up new BB10 customers without affecting their older user base.
    I know it doesn't work like that in my corner of the world, but in a world without phone contracts I would suspect things to be different.
    True to some extent. Some will end up in trash, some will get used as regular phones without data plans and some (perhaps 30% or so) will get reactivated with data plan.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-01-13 01:58 PM
    So, who's turn is it to turn over all this great information to the selected media?
    Did you guys hear?!?

Blackberry have sold over 10 million units already?

Source: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3.../index281.html
    Did you guys hear?!?

Well played Sir, well payed...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 02:00 PM
    Did you guys hear?!?

hahaha
    03-01-13 02:03 PM
    Just Out by Pac Crest - Barons Article:

BBRY: Pac Crest Sees Z10 Price Drop Hitting Margins.
    EmailPrintsmaller Larger By Tiernan Ray
    Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 5 cents, or 0.4%, at $13.41 despite a negative note today from Pacific Crest's James Faucette, who has had a decidedly skeptical take on sales of the recently introduced Z10 handset, and who writes today that a drop in the price of the Z10 at U.K. retailer Carphone Warehouse, bodes ill for the handset maker's gross profit margin.

Writes Faucette, who has a Sell rating on BlackBerry shares,

In the past 24 to 48 hours, the Carphone Warehouse has lowered the price on the BlackBerry Z10 on 3’s network to �29 per month with an upfront fee of �29 from its original contract launch price of �36 per month—this is effectively a price reduction of ~�160 ($240). Further, Vodafone is now offering a web-only deal for the Z10 for �33 per month down from �36 per month at launch (effective �72/$108 price reduction) [...] The case for BBRY’s recovery has been that in the long run, the company could return to selling high-end handsets that would feature enough profitability that handset profits could more than offset long-term declines in the highly profitable service business. We believe that meaningful price cuts so soon after launch, while probably at the initial discretion of the carriers, is likely to relegate the Z10 to being a mid-tier device with very low gross margins (when BBRY ultimately takes the wholesale hit on pricing) [...] While there is no exact match to the �29 up front and �29 per month deal for the Z10, we would argue that the Z10’s updated price appears more in-line with a mid-range device rather the high-end.

I don't think they like BBRY!!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 03-01-13 at 03:02 PM.
    bungaboy, fedakd and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-01-13 02:25 PM
    Just Out by PacWest:

-snip-

That's ... just weird.

It also kinda smacks of desperation, especially since they ALREADY reiterated their price target a week ago, and reduced it the week before that.

Kind of reminds me of a little kid that overhears part of a conversation his older brother is having, then immediately runs away yelling "I'm telling moooom!" without regard to the context or the rest of the conversation.

One thing stands out though:
    he case for BBRY’s recovery has been that in the long run, the company could return to selling high-end handsets that would feature enough profitability that handset profits could more than offset long-term declines in the highly profitable service business
    Funny, I don't think that BBRY ever made any such claim. In fact, they very specifically said the BB10 launch was the first step of a very long road to recovery. So it seems any so-called analysis of fundamentals built on an assumption that disregards what the CEO has actually said... is fundamentally flawed.

Personally I think their return to prominence is far more about MDM and licensing to multiple vertical markets once BB10 is proven to be a viable consumer platform.
    03-01-13 02:32 PM
    Just Out by PacWest:

EmailPrintsmaller Larger By Tiernan Ray
    Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 5 cents, or 0.4%, at $13.41 despite a negative note today from Pacific Crest's James Faucette, who has had a decidedly skeptical take on sales of the recently introduced Z10 handset, and who writes today that a drop in the price of the Z10 at U.K. retailer Carphone Warehouse, bodes ill for the handset maker's gross profit margin.

Writes Faucette, who has a Sell rating on BlackBerry shares,

In the past 24 to 48 hours, the Carphone Warehouse has lowered the price on the BlackBerry Z10 on 3’s network to �29 per month with an upfront fee of �29 from its original contract launch price of �36 per month—this is effectively a price reduction of ~�160 ($240). Further, Vodafone is now offering a web-only deal for the Z10 for �33 per month down from �36 per month at launch (effective �72/$108 price reduction) [...] The case for BBRY’s recovery has been that in the long run, the company could return to selling high-end handsets that would feature enough profitability that handset profits could more than offset long-term declines in the highly profitable service business. We believe that meaningful price cuts so soon after launch, while probably at the initial discretion of the carriers, is likely to relegate the Z10 to being a mid-tier device with very low gross margins (when BBRY ultimately takes the wholesale hit on pricing) [...] While there is no exact match to the �29 up front and �29 per month deal for the Z10, we would argue that the Z10’s updated price appears more in-line with a mid-range device rather the high-end.

Rogers did the same as of today... dropped to $99 on contract (not sure about others Cdn telecos). Correct me if I'm wrong though... doesn't the carrier eat the discount, not BB?

What do people think... going to squeak out some green by close?
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-01-13 02:34 PM
    I'm tire of reading fly-by-night "analysts" conjecture...

I'd much prefer help spread the "10 million sold" rumor

bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 02:37 PM
    Looks like we're not going to close in the green today boys and girls.
    03-01-13 02:44 PM
    Yup...11minutes and some ground to cover

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:49 PM
113,256 ... 279280281282283 ...