View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone conducting channel checks to see how Bestbuy.ca is selling the Z10's?
    02-27-13 05:27 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread with great interest as I have a small holding in BBRY. I see BlackBerry as a recovery play. People who are holding the stock should be in it for the long game. I am committed to holding the stock until at least the September ER because this is when we will know how many unit sales were made in the United States for one full quarter and whether any traction is developed. Also we should learn by then what else is in the pipeline.

Morganplus8 has provided very helpful technical analysis which I find instructive. There are a number of people on this thread bemoaning the fact that the SP has fallen from the recent high of $18 to the current level of $13.20. Nothing goes up in a straight line and stays up there! If you look at Morganplus8's 1st chart in post #6140, you will see that the SP has gained 100% from its bottom level of $6.32 in September. That is a pretty good return for 5 months trading! The lower trend line remains intact and it is quite possible that this trend line will hold through to the end of March.

Personally, looking at the big picture, I see a huge R/S level at $35. That is my target! If I have time, I will put up a chart tomorrow to show what I am referring to.

Good luck!
    02-27-13 05:55 PM
    Where are the shorts going to find 136 million shares? With 301 Institutional Holders
    291,936,324 Total Shares Held which doesn't incluse the insiders and retail investors holding long.

Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    As the price goes up past resistance levels, there will be people wanting to sell off in fear of it crashing again, so I don't think the covering will be as bad as some think.

Not everyone is a long investor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-27-13 05:58 PM
    Might be hard to "crash" BlackBerry if it is once again seen as a going concern.

As the price goes up past resistance levels, there will be people wanting to sell off in fear of it crashing again, so I don't think the covering will be as bad as some think.

Not everyone is a long investor.

02-27-13 06:37 PM
    My last chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-27b-2013-chart.jpg

I'm posting this one because the stock followed my ideal path, it traded higher during the day, made a higher low, a higher high, and then closed just below the 5-dma and the downtrend line. The volume was excellent when the rally began and all that was needed was a close above these resistance levels. Tomorrow is really interesting because if we just open flat, we are automatically are above both the 5-dma and the downtrend line. So tomorrow would be a good time for the bulls to show up in force. Our first stop is the 50-dma assuming we get some momo here. Wouldn't it be nice to look back and see that we were able to make a stand at $ 13.00/shr and turn this trade around? I should mention that the stock has to open below $ 13.00/shr tomorrow morning to ruin this party. As you can see, the 5-dma is extremely powerful, it is hit hard whenever the stock gets above it but time is runing out for the bears here. This chart is turning positive.
    02-27-13 06:46 PM
    Hi and welcome to the melee.

Your statement has me confused on two fronts:

1. Friends . . . . in tax auditing, and
    2. Work . . . . for Government.

I am just kidding.

When I bought my phone on Feb 5th the BELL store manager showed me a box of Z10s going to the local School Board. Trying to figure why they would need Z10's on opening day. March Madness maybe? Spend it or lose it? Will we see more of this March Madness from Government, Crown Corps, Quasi Government, etc? Could boost March sales.

The positive side is more sales.
    I think lot of people underestimating biz numbers including goverments. Goverments mostly use BBs and I am sure whole bunch of goverments bought trial units and will start ordering more as good words spread.

One the side note:

Gotta watch Sammy, they got so much money to spare to go after Apple and BB

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/28/te...oofinance&_r=0

Sorry more edits, just want to post info in post:

BB subscribe base:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor.../?from=7924360

Return of BB:
    http://lifeonmymobile.com/2013/02/27...erience-forum/

Samsung said it had evidence that it was ready for enterprise. Thousands of its Galaxy smartphones and tablets are already in the hands of American Airlines flight attendants, Dish Network cable technicians and Boston Scientific health care professionals.

“We will become No. 1 in enterprise,” said Tim Wagner, a vice president for enterprise sales at Samsung who worked at BlackBerry. “If Samsung chooses to be No. 1 in a certain area, we will become No. 1.”
    Last edited by BBNation; 02-27-13 at 07:06 PM.
    02-27-13 06:49 PM
    Shorts don't need to cover, they are hedged and think it is going to single digits. A great pre-announcement might cause them some pain, esp. the smaller players, but even then I bet enough of the big boys have the hedges and $$ to ride that out and look for the stock to crumble after the ER when the "reality" they see set in. They could be wrong, but a short blood bath is highly unlikely. I would have been and would be shocked if they suddenly start to cover.
    I agree that a classic short squeeze is unlikely, but with the trickles of good news we are starting to see it is like the SP has a $5 - $10 spring built into it. A $20 stock on sale for $13.00.
    (maybe I drank too much of the koolaid)
    02-27-13 07:08 PM
    Well, I know that it is scary to see bbry potentially lose some enterprise customers to Sammy or others, but I think losing 20% of the corporate market is okay if we gain 20% of the entire consumer market...
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    02-27-13 07:16 PM
    My last chart for today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM Feb 27B 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	138262

I'm posting this one because the stock followed my ideal path, it traded higher during the day, made a higher low, a higher high, and then closed just below the 5-dma and the downtrend line. The volume was excellent when the rally began and all that was needed was a close above these resistance levels. Tomorrow is really interesting because if we just open flat, we are automatically are above both the 5-dma and the downtrend line. So tomorrow would be a good time for the bulls to show up in force. Our first stop is the 50-dma assuming we get some momo here. Wouldn't it be nice to look back and see that we were able to make a stand at $ 13.00/shr and turn this trade around? I should mention that the stock has to open below $ 13.00/shr tomorrow morning to ruin this party. As you can see, the 5-dma is extremely powerful, it is hit hard whenever the stock gets above it but time is runing out for the bears here. This chart is turning positive.

K...I am going to give my TA of the chart:

I like the number where the upper blue line interests the Y axis

So....how'd I do?
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 02-27-13 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Good catch bungaboy ;)
    02-27-13 07:33 PM
    K...I am going to give my TA of the chart:

I like the number where the blue line interests the Y axis

So....how'd I do?
    The upper blue line, right? LoL
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-27-13 08:28 PM
    I agree that a classic short squeeze is unlikely, but with the trickles of good news we are starting to see it is like the SP has a $5 - $10 spring built into it. A $20 stock on sale for $13.00.
    (maybe I drank too much of the koolaid)
    You could be right. I'd be worried if I was short, but that's a game I am not willing to play. We will all know soon enough.
    02-27-13 09:19 PM
    02-27-13 10:15 PM
    I read through that article and found it a bit vague, it states that app sales go from 0 percent to 5 percent from Jan to Feb well I would hope so!!!!! It would be nice to know how many differnt users where downloading these app's
    02-27-13 10:22 PM
    I read through that article and found it a bit vague, it states that app sales go from 0 percent to 5 percent from Jan to Feb well I would hope so!!!!! It would be nice to know how many differnt users where downloading these app's

I read 47%. Maybe I skimmed through it to quickley. I added another link on the same app developer.
    02-27-13 10:28 PM
    I like reading these articles but it's hard to believe anything these day's it seems that opinions range from crisis and bankruptcy to the Z10 smashing everyone out of the water, would be nice to here it from hiens himself early, i've been doing my own checks here an there mostly rogers locations, and a couple best buy locations but most people don't have the time to fill you in unless your buying the product
    02-27-13 10:38 PM
    The second link gives you a break down of sales% for each device. The sales of the Z10 apps went from 0% in Jan to 47% of total app sales in Feb. Considering the Z10 hasen't been released to half the world and UK is the only place that has had it on the first of Feb these numbers look huge.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-27-13 10:46 PM
    I like reading these articles but it's hard to believe anything these day's it seems that opinions range from crisis and bankruptcy to the Z10 smashing everyone out of the water, would be nice to here it from hiens himself early, i've been doing my own checks here an there mostly rogers locations, and a couple best buy locations but most people don't have the time to fill you in unless your buying the product
    Keep reading. Hiens has been giving great news.
    02-27-13 10:50 PM
    The second link gives you a break down of sales% for each device. The sales of the Z10 apps went from 0% in Jan to 47% of total app sales in Feb. Considering the Z10 hasen't been released to half the world and UK is the only place that has had it on the first of Feb these numbers look huge.
    Some of it is that It's a new phone so it's going to naturally require more app purchases per capita to "get it going".

02-27-13 10:55 PM
    yay back in black baby, just went to my local best buy telus, and bell z10's sold out and rogers had two black z10's left the store was on its fourth shipment and they get 20 phones for each shipment, and the shipments seem to be sent out randomly. If this is generally true for all other locations then id say thats some good news wouldn't you?
    Last edited by DragonFlyer; 02-27-13 at 11:08 PM.
    02-27-13 10:56 PM
    Last edited by DragonFlyer; 02-27-13 at 11:09 PM.
    02-27-13 10:57 PM
    If you do a little research you can usually figure out who is lying and who is tell the truth
    02-27-13 11:00 PM
    Just skimmed to one of the carrier stores in the mall today... I asked how the reception to the Z10 was, the employees said it was selling well with customers. Also, every employee in the store ended up buying one too lol...
    plane6065 and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-27-13 11:02 PM
    Overall current chart looks similar to the chart in 2001-2002 when stock went for the hole year down - it was similar situation with RIM: new products, lots of noise. I smell red, red and for a long time until all longs be shaken out. BB doubled in price for the last 6-7 months it should be a.k.a "over-sold", or "over-bought" situation (you choose). Kinda pessimistic... Just reading this thread and drinking koolaid. Tomorrow is going into red again: starts from red
    02-27-13 11:21 PM
    So...we have found support and rebounded, dipped lower than previous dip but rallied up moderately and maintained the 5dma...am I smelling a W bottom...hope so. Mr. Merrill would be so proud if true.
    02-27-13 11:22 PM
    Overall current chart looks similar to the chart in 2001-2002 when stock went for the hole year down - it was similar situation with RIM: new products, lots of noise. I smell red, red and for a long time until all longs be shaken out. BB doubled in price for the last 6-7 months it should be a.k.a "over-sold", or "over-bought" situation (you choose). Kinda pessimistic... Just reading this thread and drinking koolaid. Tomorrow is going into red again: starts from red
    I kinda hope you are right about tomorrow. I want to buy a lot more shares but I've been waiting to see if it dips down to 11 before it has its big bounce.
    02-27-13 11:26 PM
113,256 ... 270271272273274 ...