View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-27-13 01:03 PM
    The Pentagon story is not good. Earning potential impacts like this are the true stories that sting.

I wish the Canadian government would hurry up and say they are updating their blackberries..
    arfin likes this.
    02-27-13 01:08 PM
    agree, where is the support from the canadian government???
    02-27-13 01:19 PM
    02-27-13 01:21 PM
    02-27-13 01:28 PM
    ehhhh thing arent looking too good lately
    02-27-13 01:30 PM
    ehhhh thing arent looking too good lately
    how so? What has changed since launch day? Seriously, just ignore the static.

Posted via CB10
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    02-27-13 01:34 PM
    I'm seeing an odd difference between BBRY and BB.TO today -- BBRY +0.05, BB.TO -0.02.

Has the USD->CAD exchange rate changed drastically today or something?
    02-27-13 01:35 PM
    I'm seeing an odd difference between BBRY and BB.TO today -- BBRY +0.05, BB.TO -0.02.

Has the USD->CAD exchange rate changed drastically today or something?
    cdn$ up .26
    02-27-13 01:41 PM
    Another really low volume day... seems like a lot are in "wait and see" mode.
    02-27-13 01:43 PM
    I believe we have hit bottom...and here is another "good news" post:
    Major bank doubles valuation of Blackberry patents following publication of The US Patent 100 - Blog - IAM magazine

thread over on News and Rumors
    02-27-13 01:46 PM
    From New York to California, BlackBerry 10 will be available throughout the U.S. in just a few short weeks.

Buy BlackBerry Z10 - Order BlackBerry Smartphones Online - US

Facebook advertising by BlackBerry
    02-27-13 01:52 PM
    I believe we have hit bottom...and here is another "good news" post:
    Major bank doubles valuation of Blackberry patents following publication of The US Patent 100 - Blog - IAM magazine

thread over on News and Rumors

I'm pretty sure that this is old news.
    DragonFlyer and kfh227 like this.
    02-27-13 01:52 PM
    shorts about to get it in the shorts
    kfh227 and fedakd like this.
    02-27-13 01:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure that this is old news.
    I thought that as well, but posted just in case...up .26 and .343 respectively ...come on 14.00.
    02-27-13 01:59 PM
    Short Interest will be reported after market close on Nasdaq.
    02-27-13 01:59 PM
    Anyone seen this comment from Scotiabank. They are estimating 1million Z10 shipped. ( found this on a different forum, and I could not verify authenticity )

Research in Motion (BB/BBRY): some thoughts post Barcelona meetings - sounds like demand for the new Z10 is very strong but supply is a problem. BB could easily have sold 2M units in the markets where it has launched but supply is an issue. The 300,000 number that one analyst put out there is far too low but its going to be hard to say where the number falls exactly. Really depends what happens this week given this is the last week of the quarter but we are likely looking at ~1mm Z10s shipped. And again that is largely the UK, Canada and a bit in the Middle East. Nothing in the U.S. or other big markets like LATAM, Africa or Asia.
    Pricing on the device is "above" $550 and gross margin is "higher" than 30%
    US carrier certification is taking longer partially due to the number of vendors in the networks - old Nortel, old Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia Siemens.in Europe its basically Ericsson and Nokia Siemens.
    ~1/3 of Z10 devices sold were to iOS and Android users - based on data collected from Phones 4U, a phone retailer in the UK - the biggest switch was from the iPhone 4 and 4S. Phones 4U said the iPhone 5 was not a big enough change to make most iPhone users upgrade
    Weekly sales meetings are turning into product allocation meetings - ramping volumes but its happening slower than what most sales people would like to see. The lack of units is causing tensions with some customers. Trying to guage the quarter at this stage is difficult. Device volumes should be roughly flat to last quarter at about 6.8M but with ASPs and margins edging higher thanks to the Z10. Again, its a supply issue at this stage. This is the last week of the quarter and the co is trying to get as many units shipped as possible.
    Big advertising campaign will begin after the US launch still expected in March
    Q10 launch appears on schedule and there is strong pent up demand for the product but BlackBerry is focused in getting the carriers behind the Z10
    02-27-13 02:00 PM
    whoa, we are SPRINGING upwards!! 3% into the green and climbing!

what caused this? I knew today was creating a solid turnaround, but i was happy closing anything into the green (+1% was my goal). Is this mostly bid limits being hit in rapid order?
    02-27-13 02:00 PM
    Anyone see the reason for that sudden spike?
    02-27-13 02:02 PM
    whoa, we are SPRINGING upwards!! 3% into the green and climbing!

what caused this? I knew today was creating a solid turnaround, but i was happy closing anything into the green (+1% was my goal). Is this mostly bid limits being hit in rapid order?
    Look at the volume - it's tiny. As much as I like seeing BBRY green, I feel like this is just more noise (this time in the positive direction).
    02-27-13 02:03 PM
    something just happened. was there news?

oh you're right. tiny volume.
    02-27-13 02:04 PM
    I have been quietly hurting, but made a decision to go kinda long, a few months out. All my friends are telling me to sell, they are even texting me, but the ppl that make money in the stock market work against the common grain. So, I am holding. I don't want to say anything but the stock appears to be moving in our favor a bit now. The US release is just around the corner, and I feel like this device has an overall favorable likeness with consumers. Furthermore, ATT is going at it the right way, they are doing what I thought was most important, educating upper level and preparing to educate sales reps, that alone will sell many many phones. It doesn't hurt that it is a good, maybe great device(don't know since I haven't seen one yet). Also BBRY is releasing updates. I think they are doing all they can do in terms of support. As for releasing sales numbers, it is good that they don't jump out and give stats on a daily basis. I wish someone could drive by their headquarters and tell me if there are alot of lights on after midnite and alot of cars in the parking lot, that would signal to me that they are working overtime and thats what I want to see.

Anyway kinda like morgan was implying, the ocean has lots of ripples and some big waves but we should see the light of day, or the pile of money that we are sailing for, just gotta be patient.

If you want to day trade then you should be buying and selling in terms of minutes not hours or days. Otherwise relax and have a beer.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-13 02:05 PM
    Anyone seen this comment from Scotiabank. They are estimating 1million Z10 shipped. ( found this on a different forum, and I could not verify authenticity )

Research in Motion (BB/BBRY): some thoughts post Barcelona meetings - sounds like demand for the new Z10 is very strong but supply is a problem. BB could easily have sold 2M units in the markets where it has launched but supply is an issue. The 300,000 number that one analyst put out there is far too low but its going to be hard to say where the number falls exactly. Really depends what happens this week given this is the last week of the quarter but we are likely looking at ~1mm Z10s shipped. And again that is largely the UK, Canada and a bit in the Middle East. Nothing in the U.S. or other big markets like LATAM, Africa or Asia.
    Pricing on the device is "above" $550 and gross margin is "higher" than 30%
    US carrier certification is taking longer partially due to the number of vendors in the networks - old Nortel, old Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia Siemens.in Europe its basically Ericsson and Nokia Siemens.
    ~1/3 of Z10 devices sold were to iOS and Android users - based on data collected from Phones 4U, a phone retailer in the UK - the biggest switch was from the iPhone 4 and 4S. Phones 4U said the iPhone 5 was not a big enough change to make most iPhone users upgrade
    Weekly sales meetings are turning into product allocation meetings - ramping volumes but its happening slower than what most sales people would like to see. The lack of units is causing tensions with some customers. Trying to guage the quarter at this stage is difficult. Device volumes should be roughly flat to last quarter at about 6.8M but with ASPs and margins edging higher thanks to the Z10. Again, its a supply issue at this stage. This is the last week of the quarter and the co is trying to get as many units shipped as possible.
    Big advertising campaign will begin after the US launch still expected in March
    Q10 launch appears on schedule and there is strong pent up demand for the product but BlackBerry is focused in getting the carriers behind the Z10
    I know Alex and Scotia Analyst had meeting yesterday..per Tweet from Alex
    02-27-13 02:06 PM
    Yep, though that being said, I didn't expect to see us above the 5DMA today. That's a positive.
    dusdal and morganplus8 like this.
    02-27-13 02:06 PM
    WOW that Scotia note is VERY bullish in my opinion.
    02-27-13 02:13 PM
113,256 ... 267268269270271 ...