View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think the distinction is that Samsung Safe technology is really for IT people. The average user doesn't really care. Just like how many people have been saying the security on the BlackBerry phones are useless to the average consumer. Not sure what Samsung is trying to do by setting up a booth. Are they hoping some IT people will walk by?
    That is my question too and the same goes for their ads targeting enterprise as well. Maybe they're hoping some big shot walks by and tells his IT team to switch after he likes what he sees? lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 07:31 AM
    I don't have a crystal ball. But stock likely sink again following past weeks pattern.
    I wonder whether it's better idea selling out all stocks and buy back lower point like mid $12.
    Hmmm... I really don't know OTL.
    MrBurns2U likes this.
    02-27-13 07:34 AM
    I believe your numbers are way too conservative. By making the assumption that Canada sold 2 units per day, you dont take into account for initial launch units sold or pre order units sold. Additionally, if you're talking about number of days it's been up for sale, the Z10s been up for sale for 19 days in Canada and not 14 given that Q4 ends in March 2. I think you should recalculate your figures given these details.
    The Z10 launched Feb 5 in Canada, and I simply did the calculation based on 28 days in the month. I could add an additional 2 days for March 1/2 pretty easily, and the numbers will change by tens of thousands. I was simply using the estimates that were given earlier, but updating them for the full month of February.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 07:37 AM
    I enjoyed all of the "estimates" but wouldn't it be great if BBRY just told us what the numbers were? The market HATES uncertainty. Speaking in percentages and in comparison to unknown expectations is not helpful. Fact is, none of us really have an basis for any guess that could be even close to reliable. Channel checks and anecdotal evidence is interesting but not reliable. I am going to guess they will make the 300,000 estimate look as foolish as it is, but will they hit 1M or 1.5M?????
    Sith_Apprentice and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-13 07:41 AM
    I believe your numbers are way too conservative. By making the assumption that Canada sold 2 units per day, you dont take into account for initial launch units sold or pre order units sold. Additionally, if you're talking about number of days it's been up for sale, the Z10s been up for sale for 19 days in Canada and not 14 given that Q4 ends in March 2. I think you should recalculate your figures given these details.
    Just no way to know. What about stores that sold out and had no inventory for a day or two or more??? Some stores probably sold 100's while others just a dozen or so. Its just impossible to create a reliable forecast the way BBRY rolled it out. Guessing is futile.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 07:43 AM
    The problem is that... launch figures are much different. For example, alot of retailers sold 100-200 units at launch and let's assume only half of them sold that many on launch given that the other half of carriers had supply constraints. That's 250,000 units sold on launch day. Im using DUDEBBs "5000" stores value, but this is an example of how numbers are way too understated. This is ONLY Canada too. If you include UK, UAE, and all those other countries, it should be way more than 500k. In addition, keep in mind that EVERY UNIT SHIPPED COUNTS AS A UNIT SOLD. Last time I checked Bloomberg, consensus estimate was 1.5 million units sold, much further away from 300k units sold. Of course I do believe this number may have been reduced to approximately 1 million due to the delayed US launch. So all of you who are calculating sales.... IT'S NO WHERE NEAR 300K. MKM's ********.
    02-27-13 07:50 AM
    The problem is that... launch figures are much different. For example, alot of retailers sold 100-200 units at launch and let's assume only half of them sold that many on launch given that the other half of carriers had supply constraints. That's 250,000 units sold on launch day. Im using DUDEBBs "5000" stores value, but this is an example of how numbers are way too understated. This is ONLY Canada too. If you include UK, UAE, and all those other countries, it should be way more than 500k. In addition, keep in mind that EVERY UNIT SHIPPED COUNTS AS A UNIT SOLD. Last time I checked Bloomberg, consensus estimate was 1.5 million units sold, much further away from 300k units sold. Of course I do believe this number may have been reduced to approximately 1 million due to the delayed US launch. So all of you who are calculating sales.... IT'S NO WHERE NEAR 300K. MKM's ********.

ppl here keep saying its way more than 300k because thats what company slashed their estimates to. even if they sell more than 300k units its not a big deal.....they have to beat analysts expectations and i dont think 300k was the expectation
    02-27-13 07:55 AM
    ppl here keep saying its way more than 300k because thats what company slashed their estimates to. even if they sell more than 300k units its not a big deal.....they have to beat analysts expectations and i dont think 300k was the expectation
    I agree with you. On the other hand, I like how low expectations are getting to be. Even some of our own bulls have been blind sided by the recent negativity. I myself admit I was starting to fall for the negativity, which was what pushed me to do my own channel checks through calling, interviewing carriers and doing some legit number crunching. After personally observing demand and getting solid evidence from carriers, I am standing proud as a bull. All I can say is that this negativity definitely is setting up nicely for BBRY and I think it's making it easier for BBRY to beat earnings earnings and surprise.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 08:03 AM
    I get the feeling that 1 million sell-through is the unspoken target. Less than that is good, **-hum, great, whatever, and we continue on with the uncertainty. More than 1 Million will cause some people to go silent. Unfortunately, the real questions are how much cash have they burned through and how many BB7 devices did they sell. The BB10 units sold/shipped may not be as important as the cash and BB7 subscribers. I have a funny feeling that March 28 will have little effect on the volatility of the SP.

I'm not seeing a "TON" of advertising... certainly lots around... but only if you are aware of it. I'm hoping this means that they are being careful with that 2.X billion and using it wisely.
    02-27-13 08:06 AM
    I get the feeling that 1 million sell-through is the unspoken target. Less than that is good, **-hum, great, whatever, and we continue on with the uncertainty. More than 1 Million will cause some people to go silent. Unfortunately, the real questions are how much cash have they burned through and how many BB7 devices did they sell. The BB10 units sold/shipped may not be as important as the cash and BB7 subscribers. I have a funny feeling that March 28 will have little effect on the volatility of the SP.

I'm not seeing a "TON" of advertising... certainly lots around... but only if you are aware of it. I'm hoping this means that they are being careful with that 2.X billion and using it wisely.
    i on the other hand.... i watch a basketball game i will see the bb commercial at least 3 times..... and all over the internet on youtube etc... nba.com......
    02-27-13 08:11 AM
    i on the other hand.... i watch a basketball game i will see the bb commercial at least 3 times..... and all over the internet on youtube etc... nba.com......
    I think with regards to the internet advertising that is because cookies track your browsing patterns and then send targeted advertising to you. If you're on crackberry and actively searching for blackberry stuff online you're going to get ads for the same stuff as well.

But, I've been really impressed with the amount of blackberry ads I've seen on tv in canada. The only thing I wish is that they'd have more variants of them. It gets kind of annoying seeing the same one over and over while watching the Raps.
    02-27-13 08:21 AM
    per a post on twitter.... $GS recommends to buy $AMZN, $AAPL & $BBRY. Sell $NOK.
    Trying to find confirmation
    02-27-13 08:28 AM
    goldman sachs tweets stock recommendations now?
    02-27-13 08:33 AM
    I thought GS reiterated outperform a couple weeks back?
    02-27-13 08:34 AM
    learn to read..."per a post on twitter"
    02-27-13 08:37 AM
    per a post on twitter.... $GS recommends to buy $AMZN, $AAPL & $BBRY. Sell $NOK.
    Trying to find confirmation
    This was out there on an upgrade a few weeks ago and caused a pop. Not helping, yet at the open today....
    02-27-13 08:37 AM
    Got a bunch of BBRY stock last fall, average around $7.5. Got to hold and test the Z10 while up in Montreal at the weekend and talked to a bunch of stores / sales staff, all mostly positive feedback on the device and sales, so decided to jump in again this morning $12.93 and take another punt. I believe in the product / company and am in for the long haul.
    02-27-13 08:39 AM
    Where abouts are you from. Here in Ontario, Canada i see it everywhere. If I'm watching tv there are lots of commercials. I've seen a couple of shows where the z10 pops up on the lower corner of the screen. The social media seems to be plastered with it. When out and about there are banners and posters scattered around. Compaired to previos launches when the only time I would see an ad was during a hockey game this is amazing. Even the high exposer at the places of sale have blown all previous launches away.
    Last edited by DragonFlyer; 02-27-13 at 08:52 AM.
    02-27-13 08:41 AM
    Getting the sneaking suspicion the stock won't stay low long enough for me to get my tax rebate back.
    02-27-13 08:43 AM
    Got a bunch of BBRY stock last fall, average around $7.5. Got to hold and test the Z10 while up in Montreal at the weekend and talked to a bunch of stores / sales staff, all mostly positive feedback on the device and sales, so decided to jump in again this morning $12.93 and take another punt. I believe in the product / company and am in for the long haul.
    Good call man. Can you elaborate on which stores you talked to and what they exactly said?
    02-27-13 08:43 AM
    Where abouts are you from. Here in Ontario, Canada i see it everywhere. If I'm watching tv there are lots of commercials. I've seen a couple of shows where the z10 pops up on the lower corner of the screen. The social media seems to be plastered with it. When out and about there are banners and posters scattered around. Compaired to previos launches when the only time I would see an ad was during a hockey game this is amazing. Even the high exposer at the places of sale have blown all previous launches away.
    I'm in Ontario as well, but I guess I'm watching the wrong channels / shows, and I don't live in southern Ontario so not so much in the way of banners and posters. I do agree with you that this is the biggest BBRY launch I've ever seen. I guess I was just comparing it to the endless MS AAPL advertising that I get bombarded with every 5 minutes.
    02-27-13 08:49 AM
    I agree with you. On the other hand, I like how low expectations are getting to be. Even some of our own bulls have been blind sided by the recent negativity. I myself admit I was starting to fall for the negativity, which was what pushed me to do my own channel checks through calling, interviewing carriers and doing some legit number crunching. After personally observing demand and getting solid evidence from carriers, I am standing proud as a bull. All I can say is that this negativity definitely is setting up nicely for BBRY and I think it's making it easier for BBRY to beat earnings earnings and surprise.

I think so too. I believe Thor and staff are not too concerned about the BS that's floating around because they have great bit of news to release.
    02-27-13 08:50 AM
    I think so too. I believe Thor and staff are not too concerned about the BS that's floating around because they have great bit of news to release.
    totally agree...thats why i think its important that the stock stays somewhat healthy until ER and if the news is good we see a nice increase
    02-27-13 08:56 AM
    What are your thoughts bout the stock going down to11 before taking off again?
    02-27-13 08:57 AM

Absolutely, the burn rate will seem to have been more than necessary but that's only because they got screwed out of the US(SR). Some quack analysts will pounce on it and we have December all over again.
    02-27-13 08:57 AM
113,250 ... 264265266267268 ...